Josh Allen: 57 Buffalo Police Who Resigned Don't Deserve to Be with Unit

3 hours ago, StHustle said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2895823-bills-josh-allen-57-buffalo-police-who-resigned-dont-deserve-to-be-with-unit

I totally agree with Josh's position. The police's allegiance is supposed to be to protect and serve their communities FIRST not to stand up for each other. To resign in the middle of the largest scale civil unrest in decades is absolutely reprehensible and imo shows the exact gang mentality police tend to have that cause problems like them not intervening when one of them is clearly doing the wrong thing. I LOVE OUR QB! To me a great trait of a leader is to not shy away from making strong comments even when it could piss off those in authority.

Thoughts on our QB making this statement?

I don’t agree with him, personally, but respect his opinion. I see both sides. I like to hear what everyone thinks, I don’t need to agree. I think many people have personal life experiences, relatives, etc that will naturally lean them one way or another. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But I'm also concerned about the apparent disparagement of the activist.  I think an unarmed citizen should be able to walk up to two police officers for any peaceful purpose and not wind up on his back with a cracked skull. 

I could not agree more with this. I've watched the argument in the past few weeks shift from "don't mess with police officers or you could get hurt" to now "don't even approach police officers or you could get hurt". That's exactly part of the problem.

36 minutes ago, umang_a_desai said:

Sorry, I disagree. If someone is peaceful and clearly not a threat( aka 75 yr old man) that action is inexcusable. They were not being rushed by a mob. That was reprehensible behavior and they gave a man who was already dealing with cancer brain damage. NOT OK

That explains the brain damage, lmao

Nowhere did I say it was ok... Two parties were in the wrong and one of them was in an authority position.  

In retrospect, if he’s instigating/aggravating, they should’ve just cuffed him, but they probably didn’t expect him to fall back and bleed out when they pushed him.   I’m sure they’ve been pushing people off them all week in order to avoid arresting hundreds of people that won’t back up.  This time the result was much different.  

Im simply saying that what “good” citizens are going to volunteer for modern day policing... nah **** that.  And since they won’t sign up, you’re left with more and more of the power hungry types.  

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry, folks, some good points of view being exchanged in this thread but too much name calling, insult-slinging, using the thread as a bully pulpit to pontificate about personal crusade points, debating character based on avatar choice etc etc.

Keep it clean, keep it civil, and keep it more or less focused on current events.

• Thank you (+1) 7