Josh Allen: 57 Buffalo Police Who Resigned Don't Deserve to Be with Unit

32 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

His public opinion is heard more so maybe not more important but more impactful. 

Police need to be held to a higher standard. I've always respected police and will continue to do so. Tough and dangerous job, but they must be held to a higher standard. They should be the best of us.

Ive never been a big defender of law enforcement, but the media view (I say media because a majority of America approves of law enforcement) has gone so overboard on police that I fear less and less good people will go into the profession anymore... nor should they. 

I know one NYPD and he’s working 12 hour shifts where he’s almost nonstop screamed at, insulted, spat on and hit with debris... yet if he messes up for 5 seconds of his 12 hours dealing with that and pushes an older man who’s antagonizing him... it’s game over.  

Why on earth would anyone put their life at risk day in/day out, for a meh salary, while dealing with all that? 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

Funny, you "respect" his right to an opinion, then call it dumb. Then just say you don't respect it. Can't have it both ways my friend!!

I respect your right to this opinion, even though I think it is dumb.

40 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

A guy in his seventies shouldn’t be skimming police channels. This definitely wasn’t staged, but the guy was an agitator just as Mayor Brown labeled him. 

Not that it will matter to you, but:

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/06/09/trump-gugino-tweet/

1) the stuff about this came from a website that refuses to divulge its ownership or location, nevermind its sources, "Conservative Treehouse".  It could be a Russian troll site for you and I know. 

2) the statement that the Buffalo mayor called him an "agitator" is debunked.  He was clearly talking about Myles Carter and a different incident:

Reporter: This [the Martin Gugino incident] wasn’t the only incident that happened this week. Monday night, Myles Carter was on Bailey Avenue protesting. He was 15, 20 yards away from a police line with his back and hands up to the police, out of nowhere seemingly they rushed him, arrested him and charged him with two misdemeanors. … Why not the response Monday night, looking at the officers, temporarily suspending them and having an internal investigation there? I mean, the tape was pretty clear. He wasn’t doing anything.

Mayor:  Those were state police officers. Those were not Buffalo police officers. So obviously the city of Buffalo does not have the ability to take action against state police officers. But what we were informed of is that that individual was an agitator. He was trying to spark up the crowd of people, again, that was a curfew violation. […]  And according to what has been reported to me, that individual was a key and major instigator of people engaging in those kinds of activities.

3)"The link that allegedly explains “the more high tech” way to decipher signals and how to “block, jam, or interfere” with police communications hyperlinks to the Electronis4u story, titled “Software-Defined Radio with Android Smartphones.” 

Not only does this article make no mention of any blocking, jamming, or interference, it makes explicit the necessity of additional receiver hardware if one wanted to use a phone to do anything involving tuning into radio frequencies. (This appears to be the case for iPhones as well). Here is the setup that article highlighted, which shows the need for both an antenna and a dongle adapter to scan for frequencies:"

image.thumb.png.eaa9babfdaca55de1b4f5e9650283be3.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

It’s easy to find where I stand. Hover over my name and do a search of my posts. You’ll be surprised, apparently. You don’t have to come back to apologize though.

If you were part of that unit and your union told you that they would not support you in legal proceedings would you stay knowing any expenses would be out of pocket?  Their union let them down.

You sir are missing the point, by a mile. Have a nice evening.

I just had a thought..keep the chauven avatar but let it be one in his prison orange instead of police Blues.....he's a disgrace to the police uniform

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Ive never been a big defender of law enforcement, but the media view (I say media because a majority of America approves of law enforcement) has gone so overboard on police that I fear less and less good people will go into the profession anymore... nor should they. 

I know one NYPD and he’s working 12 hour shifts where he’s almost nonstop screamed at, insulted, spat on and hit with debris... yet if he messes up for 5 seconds of his 12 hours dealing with that and pushes an older man who’s antagonizing him... it’s game over.  

Why on earth would anyone put their life at risk day in/day out, for a meh salary, while dealing with all that? 

They should be the best of us. That's no different than military, many of which are young adults that have little experience. They're taught to de-escalate the situation because people die otherwise. Far too many times police escalate the situation. 

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You know, I have actually had a traumatic brain injury as an older person.   The people who caused it were 100% in the wrong, witnessed by an EMS unit that happened to be driving behind them and called police. 

Looking for their "scalps" to "brag about to my cohort" was the last thing on my mind while I was trying to recover, and I kind of find that language telling.

Am I concerned that the two officers involved are being scapegoated somewhat, and the real problem is with the tactics?  Yes, I am.  Did I see the supervisor give them some instruction that may have spurred their actions shoving the guy, then keep them moving while he keyed his mic, hopefully to call for medical assistance?  Yes, I did.

But I'm also concerned about the apparent disparagement of the activist.  I think an unarmed citizen should be able to walk up to two police officers for any peaceful purpose and not wind up on his back with a cracked skull. 

I think that's what most people who watch that video see.

I agree but with reserve to much of what you said. We have family and close friends in law enforcement.  While it would seem he should have been able to safely approach the officers they are looking at every situation trying to determine intent. The parts we dont know is conversation we cannot hear and tone of that conversation. Im not nearly upset with the pushing as I am with how he was pushed. All that said. Seemed odd that he would approach a moving line of officers like this. 

1 minute ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Maybe for you, not for me. 

I didn't mean that's the way for me, I meant that's the way the world is. It's pretty obvious when a "known" person gives an opinion , people give it more weight. You don't like it, you have made that clear, but you not liking it doesn't change reality. Like I said, it's just the way it is.

To me, the cops that quit there jobs in defense of those that in effect beat up an old guy and left him bleeding from his head on the pavement  are not worthy of the trust of the population they are employed by and are supposedly there to serve and protect. They are  punks, and should be publicly shamed by the people of Buffalo. The police are not there to enforce the laws, that’s the court systems job, the police are there to apprehend criminals, not beat them up or kill them. 

8 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

I agree but with reserve to much of what you said. We have family and close friends in law enforcement.

So do I

While it would seem he should have been able to safely approach the officers they are looking at every situation trying to determine intent. The parts we dont know is conversation we cannot hear and tone of that conversation. Im not nearly upset with the pushing as I am with how he was pushed. All that said. Seemed odd that he would approach a moving line of officers like this. 

I don't think the officers were "trying to determine intent" in this situation.  I think they were obeying the orders of their superior to get moving and keep moving to clear the square, and they were applying their standard technique and force to anyone who didn't obey their orders to "get back" or "this is an unlawful assembly, disberse" or whatever it was. 

I think if the protestor wasn't obeying their order they could have cuffed him and left him for the "cleanup crew" or whatever the local term for it is.

3 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

I didn't mean that's the way for me, I meant that's the way the world is. It's pretty obvious when a "known" person gives an opinion , people give it more weight. You don't like it, you have made that clear, but you not liking it doesn't change reality. Like I said, it's just the way it is.

This is the “platform” that so many athletes speak about. I understand that. 

Btw, I’m glad it’s not that way for you. We may (or may not) have differing viewpoints, but as long as your viewpoint is yours, based on your own thought and experience, I can totally respect it. It’s those that blindly follow others that are real drain on society. 

Josh Allen: "I think the world could learn a lot by studying the inside of an NFL locker room"

I think what he is saying here is that as many teammates whom  are black the word would see how they get along and become a family regardless of the pigment of each others skin. I think he is right.

sorry to go off topic. As far as JA making a comment regarding the police in this case  I think what he said could be seen as anti-police ..They were following orders and protocols as deemed correct and appropriate by their superiors and IMO Those practices are what are being questioned. However If the guys whom volunteer for anti-riot duty are kick butt and ask questions later types then perhaps JA was right those mentally inclined police dont belong there. 

Edited by Margarita
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

There are much better ways to help people remember this reprehensible act.

It’s inappropriate and I’m surprised the MODS have let it remain. Time to show leadership folks, you’ve remove others for much less offensive things. 

His face should be seen and maligned, imho. Let him be known as the murderer he is! 8:46!

Edited by umang_a_desai

2 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

This is the “platform” that so many athletes speak about. I understand that. 

Btw, I’m glad it’s not that way for you. We may (or may not) have differing viewpoints, but as long as your viewpoint is yours, based on your own thought and experience, I can totally respect it. It’s those that blindly follow others that are real drain on society. 

You're right. Without naming names, we see this at the top of of Government. It's sad how some people follow and can't think for themselves, or won't.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

I agree. They do. This type of push is no different than what is seen at a typical NBA game. The problem was this was a guy in his seventies. I have no doubt this would have been different in a guy in his 20s was pushed. Just an unfortunate situation. That said, the cops have a tough job, especially over the last 2 weeks, and due to no fault of their own, but due to a dirty cop. I don’t envy them now. 

Police in America have an average of 15 weeks of training. Police in countries that have a much lower rate of police shootings have an average of 2 YEARS of training. Coincidence? I think not...

Edited by umang_a_desai