Josh Allen: 57 Buffalo Police Who Resigned Don't Deserve to Be with Unit

2 hours ago, StHustle said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2895823-bills-josh-allen-57-buffalo-police-who-resigned-dont-deserve-to-be-with-unit

I totally agree with Josh's position. The police's allegiance is supposed to be to protect and serve their communities FIRST not to stand up for each other. To resign in the middle of the largest scale civil unrest in decades is absolutely reprehensible and imo shows the exact gang mentality police tend to have that cause problems like them not intervening when one of them is clearly doing the wrong thing. I LOVE OUR QB! To me a great trait of a leader is to not shy away from making strong comments even when it could piss off those in authority.

Thoughts on our QB making this statement?

Josh has a right to his opinion. Just like I have a right to mine, you yours, and the cops theirs. Him being an athlete doesn’t make his opinion any more important than anyone else’s.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Josh wouldn’t knock over a guy in his seventies. He just doesn’t strike me as that kind of douche.

A guy in his seventies shouldn’t be skimming police channels. This definitely wasn’t staged, but the guy was an agitator just as Mayor Brown labeled him. 

4 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Josh has a right to his opinion. Just like I have a right to mine, you yours, and the cops theirs. Him being an athlete doesn’t make his opinion any more important than anyone else’s.

His public opinion is heard more so maybe not more important but more impactful. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

A guy in his seventies shouldn’t be skimming police channels. This definitely wasn’t staged, but the guy was an agitator just as Mayor Brown labeled him. 

Police need to be held to a higher standard. I've always respected police and will continue to do so. Tough and dangerous job, but they must be held to a higher standard. They should be the best of us.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean if they do it the soonest it'd be is in 21.

You sound like my wife! Don’t focus on the goal line.....enjoy the journey!   :)

She’s sitting next to me....now I have to change the screen to hide this! 

• Haha (+1) 1

I just checked and according to Google about 72% of NFL players are persons of color.  Combine that with the dramatic changes in the NFL in the past week and things are interesting and probably going to get more interesting no matter what side of things you identify with.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

Get to know me. 

I don't think I want to know you. You keep it up there knowing people are disgusted by it. You're kind of a disgusting human being!!

1 hour ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Josh needs to walk a mile in their shoes.   

If everyone had to walk a mile in the shoes of those they give opinions about, nothing would ever get said that needs to be said.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

His public opinion is heard more so maybe not more important but more impactful. 

Police need to be held to a higher standard. I've always respected police and will continue to do so. Tough and dangerous job, but they must be held to a higher standard. They should be the best of us.

I agree. They do. This type of push is no different than what is seen at a typical NBA game. The problem was this was a guy in his seventies. I have no doubt this would have been different in a guy in his 20s was pushed. Just an unfortunate situation. That said, the cops have a tough job, especially over the last 2 weeks, and due to no fault of their own, but due to a dirty cop. I don’t envy them now. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Well, that’s a sad indictment on those that are more impacted by the opinion of a public figure and need that to formulate or justify their own perspective. 

• Sad 1

Josh leads a team comprised of, by a sizeable majority, minority men. This statement is one that, we can all guarantee, reflects the sentiment of the team. We should be happy to have a team leader that wouldn’t split the team like the genius in New Orleans.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

If you listen to the interview, that's really not how it came across at all. I think he thinks they resigned because they were pressured to do so, not because they were mad about the criticism of the other officers.

I thought that too but I guess he clarified his position to Marcel Louis-Jacques

Just now, MiltonWaddams said:

Josh leads a team comprised of, by a sizeable majority, minority men. This statement is one that, we can all guarantee, reflects the sentiment of the team. We should be happy to have a team leader that wouldn’t split the team like the genius in New Orleans.

Good point Milton, couldn't agree more.

24 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

I haven't read about this, but has the skimmer been produced? Who has it? What was he attempting to do by 'skimming' the channels. I really don't know what that is.

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

I haven't read about this, but has the skimmer been produced? Who has it? What was he attempting to do by 'skimming' the channels. I really don't know what that is.

It's a right wing conspiracy theory promoted by our "Leader"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, bigK14094 said:

Buffalo apparently decided to make their riot control unit voluntary.  All these guys are still Buffalo police officers.  the combination of factors mentioned above probabily summarize why all of them quit.  No legal cover, good enough reason to no longer participate.  I wonder who gave the order for 59 riot gear clad officers to clear Niagara square.  And, I wonder what the activist wanted walking up the officers.?  I guess we will find out at trial.  But, I am guessing the truth will not see the light of day here.  Scape goating may occur...I hate to see it be the two officers.   Media said  "they walked right  by the fallen demonstrator"...well, yes, I saw the video.  I also saw them try to stop, and the supervisor instruct them to go on as he called for medical help.  Looked like a book action....clear the square and the supervisor handles the wrinkles in the plan.  And Josh, it would have been better to dodge this issue, you don't know how this will play out.  I know one of the cops families, they are good people, and I feel for them as much as for the demonstrator, who may well get a couple of cop scalps to brag about to his cohort.

You know, I have actually had a traumatic brain injury as an older person.   The people who caused it were 100% in the wrong, witnessed by an EMS unit that happened to be driving behind them and called police. 

Looking for their "scalps" to "brag about to my cohort" was the last thing on my mind while I was trying to recover, and I kind of find that language telling.

Am I concerned that the two officers involved are being scapegoated somewhat, and the real problem is with the tactics?  Yes, I am.  Did I see the supervisor give them some instruction that may have spurred their actions shoving the guy, then keep them moving while he keyed his mic, hopefully to call for medical assistance?  Yes, I did.

But I'm also concerned about the apparent disparagement of the activist.  I think an unarmed citizen should be able to walk up to two police officers for any peaceful purpose and not wind up on his back with a cracked skull. 

I think that's what most people who watch that video see.

• Awesome! (+1) 5