Josh Allen: 57 Buffalo Police Who Resigned Don't Deserve to Be with Unit

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

If you are truly have good intentions with that avatar, maybe consider choosing a different avatar that would actually communicate good intention. You get questioned about it all the time, clearly rubbing people the wrong way and yet you consider it a positive? The road to epic failure is littered with people who had good intentions.

I’ve had it since the beginning with less than a handful of questions, 3 in this thread. It’s time for people to feel discomfort.

1 minute ago, StHustle said:

If you are truly have good intentions with that avatar, maybe consider choosing a different avatar that would actually communicate good intention. You get questioned about it all the time, clearly rubbing people the wrong way and yet you consider it a positive? The road to epic failure is littered with people who had good intentions.

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

I’ve had it since the beginning, less than a handful of questions, 3 in this thread.  It’s time, IMO, to feel uncomfortable.

If you don't want people to keep assuming you're a racist ####### I'd remove it.  There are much better ways of forcing the conversation.  Seems like you've dug in though.  Good luck with that.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

I’ve had it since the beginning with less than a handful of questions, 3 in this thread. It’s time for people to feel discomfort.

Significant progress has almost never been achieved by making the status quo feel comfortable.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Get to know me. 

I'm not here enough in the offseason to remember who's who (as I imagine a lot of other folks aren't as well.)  Again, if you want to keep correcting people as to your motives, go for it.  Seems like there are better ways to handle it IMO.  You could just add a Signature that says "Derek Chauvin is a murderer"

50 minutes ago, StHustle said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2895823-bills-josh-allen-57-buffalo-police-who-resigned-dont-deserve-to-be-with-unit

I totally agree with Josh's position. The police's allegiance is supposed to be to protect and serve their communities FIRST not to stand up for each other. To resign in the middle of the largest scale civil unrest in decades is absolutely reprehensible and imo shows the exact gang mentality police tend to have that cause problems like them not intervening when one of them is clearly doing the wrong thing. I LOVE OUR QB! To me a great trait of a leader is to not shy away from making strong comments even when it could piss off those in authority.

Thoughts on our QB making this statement?

honestly - If i were a police office I would find a new line of work too. Not because of this situation and the outcome. But... 

Violence against police is being rationalized and even accepted as a reasonable reaction to that scumbag Minnesota cop and others like him.  

Id hate to be a white cop in a confrontation with a violent criminal that happens to be black. (And look at the stats, it’s gonna happen) but It’s a no win situation. 

and I’m not trying to ignite that debate in one more place but that worry alone would have me call it a day and go find another way to Earn a living. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I’d say I didn’t get it til you explained it either and even now find it sketchy. 

the people you are making feel uncomfortable with it are the people on your side.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

2020 is cursed year...can’t wait til it’s over...

Bills having a  Super Bowl season  will help, I’m guessing......  :)

Crazy year for sure......

EDITED for the date sensitive crowd.  :) 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Michael1962 said:

To answer your question, I am happy that our QB said something in a non-PC, non-milquetoast kind of way.  At least he is not going to bore anyone to death.

I’m disappointed in him. This is not how a leader responds. A true leader would acknowledge both sides, pick a neutral ground, and then look for a way to resolve the situation in a fair way to allow for both sides to progress in a positive way. Allen failed in all respects.  

Edit: I take this back. I have now listened to what he said instead of just reading the click-bait title and thinking it was truth. I think he has a good head in his shoulders. He’s a leader. 

Edited by Saint Doug
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

58 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Make it 4...or 5...or 6.

This is a nonsense argument for using an avatar that makes it appear you support what happened in Minneapolis. The very fact that you use it makes people recoil and have no desire to "get to know" you.

Imagine I use a Confederate Flag as my avatar and expect people to know that it actually means I'm against racism. "Read my posts, I'm the opposite of a racist!" Too late, they've moved on from my moronic presentation of myself. Maybe I'll move on to an image of people in a German concentration camp in the hopes that people somehow understand my boomerang logic that I'm Pro-Israel and not a Nazi.

No one's first thought on seeing this is to think, "Wow, he's making a statement about the dangers of police brutality". They just think you're a supporter of this moron.

I'm glad you're on the side of right here but please understand that unless you splash "Murderer" across that face, no one will get you're point.

P.S. Having a quote from the sadistic prison warden from Cool Hand Luke as you're tagline, further misrepresents your position on this issue...I hope.

Edited by BisonMan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

I’m disappointed in him. This is not how a leader responds. A true leader would acknowledge both sides, pick a neutral ground, and then look for a way to resolve the situation in a fair way to allow for both sides to progress in a positive way. Allen failed in all respects.  

I don't think Josh is anti police. Don't make that the narrative.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

2020 is a cursed year...can’t wait til it’s over...

Mother Nature's about to enter the 2020 chat.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

I really respected Josh as a person. Not anymore. Sad.  

Why? What did he do? Please tell me he didn't get arrested or something.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Haha (+1) 1