Josh Allen: 57 Buffalo Police Who Resigned Don't Deserve to Be with Unit

1 minute ago, umang_a_desai said:

Police in America have an average of 15 weeks of training. Police in countries that have a much lower rate of police shootings have an average of 2 YEARS of training. Coincidence? I think not...

Agreed. Police training is a big issue. 

2 minutes ago, Mailman said:

It's a right wing conspiracy theory promoted by our "Leader"

He actually did attempt to use his cell phone to skim their radio signal, which makes it unworkable. Not condoning the response but there is more to this. https://rairfoundation.com/man-shoved-by-buffalo-riot-police-deletes-social-media-after-exposed-as-cop-hating-radical-agitator/

You get your info from a website where people say this:  Libsridiots

• He didn’t hit his head. It was his bike helmet that made the sound hitting the concrete. A fake blood package was found on him. He’s a Nazi liberal fraud.
  • Haha (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Ive never been a big defender of law enforcement, but the media view (I say media because a majority of America approves of law enforcement) has gone so overboard on police that I fear less and less good people will go into the profession anymore... nor should they. 

I know one NYPD and he’s working 12 hour shifts where he’s almost nonstop screamed at, insulted, spat on and hit with debris... yet if he messes up for 5 seconds of his 12 hours dealing with that and pushes an older man who’s antagonizing him... it’s game over.  

Why on earth would anyone put their life at risk day in/day out, for a meh salary, while dealing with all that? 

Sorry, I disagree. If someone is peaceful and clearly not a threat( aka 75 yr old man) that action is inexcusable. They were not being rushed by a mob. That was reprehensible behavior and they gave a man who was already dealing with cancer brain damage. NOT OK

1 minute ago, first_and_ten said:

• He didn’t hit his head. It was his bike helmet that made the sound hitting the concrete. A fake blood package was found on him. He’s a Nazi liberal fraud.

That explains the brain damage, lmao

• Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Not that it will matter to you, but:

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/06/09/trump-gugino-tweet/

1) the stuff about this came from a website that refuses to divulge its ownership or location, nevermind its sources, "Conservative Treehouse".  It could be a Russian troll site for you and I know. 

2) the statement that the Buffalo mayor called him an "agitator" is debunked.  He was clearly talking about Myles Carter and a different incident:

Reporter: This [the Martin Gugino incident] wasn’t the only incident that happened this week. Monday night, Myles Carter was on Bailey Avenue protesting. He was 15, 20 yards away from a police line with his back and hands up to the police, out of nowhere seemingly they rushed him, arrested him and charged him with two misdemeanors. … Why not the response Monday night, looking at the officers, temporarily suspending them and having an internal investigation there? I mean, the tape was pretty clear. He wasn’t doing anything.

Mayor:  Those were state police officers. Those were not Buffalo police officers. So obviously the city of Buffalo does not have the ability to take action against state police officers. But what we were informed of is that that individual was an agitator. He was trying to spark up the crowd of people, again, that was a curfew violation. […]  And according to what has been reported to me, that individual was a key and major instigator of people engaging in those kinds of activities.

3)"The link that allegedly explains “the more high tech” way to decipher signals and how to “block, jam, or interfere” with police communications hyperlinks to the Electronis4u story, titled “Software-Defined Radio with Android Smartphones.” 

Not only does this article make no mention of any blocking, jamming, or interference, it makes explicit the necessity of additional receiver hardware if one wanted to use a phone to do anything involving tuning into radio frequencies. (This appears to be the case for iPhones as well). Here is the setup that article highlighted, which shows the need for both an antenna and a dongle adapter to scan for frequencies:"

image.thumb.png.eaa9babfdaca55de1b4f5e9650283be3.png

We are definitely in agreement here. I don’t automatically believe in these “fact checking” websites. They are usually anything but. I make up up my own mind based on the evidence I see.  The guy was clearly waving his cellphone across the cops body in slowed down frames. Why? Or, should we just believe “fact checking” strangers and sleep well at night?

You honestly think that because Snopes said there has to be a wire attached to the phone for skimming, then that’s the only way? I’m not that naive. If he was a man of “peace”, then why was this guys’s Twitter and Facebook taken down so quickly?

1 hour ago, first_and_ten said:

I don't think I want to know you. You keep it up there knowing people are disgusted by it. You're kind of a disgusting human being!!

Calling CC a disgusting human being based on an outward appearance/picture?? Damn. You don’t even know him...nor have you read anything he has written in the last two weeks. Perhaps he posted the picture to keep that memory vivid for some who swept it under the rug. 

Just now, BringBackFergy said:

Calling CC a disgusting human being based on an outward appearance/picture?? Damn. You don’t even know him...nor have you read anything he has written in the last two weeks. Perhaps he posted the picture to keep that memory vivid for some who swept it under the rug. 

I don't want to know him. He honors a murderer.

I would quit my job if it meant my life was in danger and I was at risk of not coming home to my kids every day, so I guess that's why I'm not a police officer.

It's more important to me to live for my family members than it is to protect strangers. So I'm not going to begrudge a police officer for making the choice to stay safe, because I'm certainly not choosing to put myself at risk.

I think it is unfair of a guy like Allen, who has an occupation that is rarely, if ever, life threatening, and especially others who have occupations of zero risk, to judge police officers for resigning.

It is not my right to ask a person to risk their life if they do not want to.

• Like (+1) 2

• He didn’t hit his head. It was his bike helmet that made the sound hitting the concrete. A fake blood package was found on him. He’s a Nazi liberal fraud.

Really?  Ok. Who cares about the site. Look at the videos. As I said before, I'm not condoning the response,  not one bit, but let's not be so naive to gloss over every single thing in an effort to vilify all the men and women in uniform. They should have cuffed him for his skimming attempt and arrested him. I rarely post but have been a member for 18 years, and feel strongly about getting the whole story. 

• Like (+1) 1

The police officers involved in this incident did not push this man to the ground attempting to effect an arrest.  He had both hands visible with no weapons in them and was not an imminent threat to the personal safety of those officers.  

Nowhere on the use of force continuum can you justify pushing this man to the ground in the manner that they did.  The union apparently threatening the other officers with the withdrawal of potential legal support of the union if they did not resign from their unit illustrates the problems with the police unions - I stand with Josh on this one.

25 minutes ago, umang_a_desai said:

Police in America have an average of 15 weeks of training. Police in countries that have a much lower rate of police shootings have an average of 2 YEARS of training. Coincidence? I think not...

Not true. The average length of training, according to the Department of Justice is 840 hours. That is just academy training, and doesn’t include field training which generally takes 8 to 10 more weeks. Cops are forced to train certain numbers of hours each additional year to maintain certification, as well. 

With that said, training can ALWAYS be better. Your numbers are just wrong. Not sure if they were taken from Podunk, Arkansas training manual or what. 

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/slleta13.pdf

10 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

We are definitely in agreement here. I don’t automatically believe in these “fact checking” websites. They are usually anything but. I make up up my own mind based on the evidence I see.  The guy was clearly waving his cellphone across the cops body in slowed down frames. Why? Or, should we just believe “fact checking” strangers and sleep well at night?

You honestly think that because Snopes said there has to be a wire attached to the phone for skimming, then that’s the only way? I’m not that naive. If he was a man of “peace”, then why was this guys’s Twitter and Facebook taken down so quickly?

Um, @Saint Doug

The bit about the wire and the dongle CAME FROM THE WEBSITE QUOTED BY CONSERVATIVE TREEHOUSE AS A SOURCE.  That picture came directly from the source quoted by Conservative Treehouse.  If you want to doubt Conservative Treehouse's own sources, maybe you should, IDK, rely on it less as a source?

Or if you're not "naive" you could go out and find some source that explains how to 1) actually block, track, or jam using a cellphone (which the CTH source does NOT) or 2) how to use a cell phone as a scanner without an antenna and dongle.  'Cuz technologically I don't think it can be done.

I would imagine Gugino's Twitter and Facebook were taken down quickly because they quickly filled up with hateful crap.  I saw them before they were taken down.  They were filled with political commentary consistent with the organizations he is known to support - which are basically human rights causes.  Nothing about Antifa.  Isn't it a bit, IDK, naive to suppose anyone who takes down SM after becoming a target did so because they're secretly some kind of agitator extremist (but publicized it on Facebook and Twitter)?

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

You're right. Without naming names, we see this at the top of of Government. It's sad how some people follow and can't think for themselves, or won't.

It’s on both sides of the aisle, my friend. 

26 minutes ago, first_and_ten said:

Nazi liberal. :lol: