Josh Allen: 57 Buffalo Police Who Resigned Don't Deserve to Be with Unit

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2895823-bills-josh-allen-57-buffalo-police-who-resigned-dont-deserve-to-be-with-unit

I totally agree with Josh's position. The police's allegiance is supposed to be to protect and serve their communities FIRST not to stand up for each other. To resign in the middle of the largest scale civil unrest in decades is absolutely reprehensible and imo shows the exact gang mentality police tend to have that cause problems like them not intervening when one of them is clearly doing the wrong thing. I LOVE OUR QB! To me a great trait of a leader is to not shy away from making strong comments even when it could piss off those in authority.

Thoughts on our QB making this statement?

• Like (+1) 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 7

It’s ill informed thinking. At least a handful, and I’d guess handfuls more stepped down because their union told them they would not provide legal support to members of the unit during the marches.

I’m sure some stepped down because of brotherhood. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

It’s ill informed thinking. At least a handful, and I’d guess handfuls more stepped down because their union told them they would not provide legal support to members of the unit during the marches.

You are totally MISSING THE POINT. Their union?!?!? Ar you serious? Cops have a SWORN OATH POSITION. You don't resign at a time you are needed most over some bogus crap like that. If their union is that terrible that they would refuse legal help to them during marches then sounds like they need to come together and demand change. You don't abandon your post! Josh was right...anyone who would do that DOES NOT DESERVE TO WEAR A UNIFORM!

• Like (+1) 7

10 minutes ago, StHustle said:

You are totally MISSING THE POINT. Their union?!?!? Ar you serious? Cops have a SWORN OATH POSITION. You don't resign at a time you are needed most over some bogus crap like that. If their union is that terrible that they would refuse legal help to them during marches then sounds like they need to come together and demand change. You don't abandon your post! Josh was right...anyone who would do that DOES NOT DESERVE TO WEAR A UNIFORM!

They didn’t resign, so perhaps you are missing the point. They are still active, just not part of that special unit (unless things have changed since I last read on the subject). So, if called for crowd control etc. I would assume they are out there.

23 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Why do you use that vile human's picture as your avatar?  

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

They didn’t resign, so perhaps you are missing the point. They are still active, just not part of that special unit (unless things have changed since I last read on the subject). So, if called for crowd control etc. I would assume they are out there.

I understand that, They resigned from the Unit created to keep the protests in order. You dont see an issue with that? In fact, let me stop responding to you. Im tired of seeing your damn Avatar every few minutes. For you to glorify that is beyond me. Im fine with a difference of opinion but thats an all out troll move.

• Like (+1) 2

Buffalo apparently decided to make their riot control unit voluntary.  All these guys are still Buffalo police officers.  the combination of factors mentioned above probabily summarize why all of them quit.  No legal cover, good enough reason to no longer participate.  I wonder who gave the order for 59 riot gear clad officers to clear Niagara square.  And, I wonder what the activist wanted walking up the officers.?  I guess we will find out at trial.  But, I am guessing the truth will not see the light of day here.  Scape goating may occur...I hate to see it be the two officers.   Media said  "they walked right  by the fallen demonstrator"...well, yes, I saw the video.  I also saw them try to stop, and the supervisor instruct them to go on as he called for medical help.  Looked like a book action....clear the square and the supervisor handles the wrinkles in the plan.  And Josh, it would have been better to dodge this issue, you don't know how this will play out.  I know one of the cops families, they are good people, and I feel for them as much as for the demonstrator, who may well get a couple of cop scalps to brag about to his cohort.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

They resigned from the unit that handles "riot" control, so they are (or were) the primary unit responsible for that, and are no longer serving in that role.  IMO it appears they feel they were hung out to dry by Police Leadership, but honestly, it really does highlight the huge problem there is in policing today, where it's assumed that it's ok in pretty much any case for them to use force to get someone to comply (and of course that they will generally protect each other over the public most of the time.)

Also do you really have that scumbag as your Avatar?  Why on Earth would you do that, and why is it allowed here?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, nedboy7 said:

Oh they do.  It's burnt into our retinas.  I suspect you have another reason. 

It’s easy to find where I stand. Hover over my name and do a search of my posts. You’ll be surprised, apparently. You don’t have to come back to apologize though.

1 minute ago, Captain Caveman said:

They resigned from the unit that handles "riot" control, so they are (or were) the primary unit responsible for that, and are no longer serving in that role.  IMO it appears they feel they were hung out to dry by Police Leadership, but honestly, it really does highlight the huge problem there is in policing today, where it's assumed that it's ok in pretty much any case for them to use force to get someone to comply (and of course that they will generally protect each other over the public most of the time.)

Also do you really have that scumbag as your Avatar?  Why on Earth would you do that, and why is it allowed here?

If you were part of that unit and your union told you that they would not support you in legal proceedings would you stay knowing any expenses would be out of pocket?  Their union let them down.

4 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I understand that, They resigned from the Unit created to keep the protests in order. You dont see an issue with that? In fact, let me stop responding to you. Im tired of seeing your damn Avatar every few minutes. For you to glorify that is beyond me. Im fine with a difference of opinion but thats an all out troll move.

You sir are missing the point, by a mile. Have a nice evening.

2 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

but honestly, it really does highlight the huge problem there is in policing today, where it's assumed that it's ok in pretty much any case for them to use force to get someone to comply (and of course that they will generally protect each other over the public most of the time.)

EXACTLY, they are willing to sacrifice the safety of the people in the name for standing up for each other. The suspended officers were wrong for pushing the elderly man. Grab him and put him in cuffs. They just wanted to push him out their way. That CANT be protocol. If I were an officer I may be disappointed they got suspended but I would stand by my oath to protect and serve. In no way was resigning keeping their oath in mind. It was ONLY keeping their fellow officers best interest in mind and thats a damn shame.

BUT can we please keep this thread more about the fact Josh came out with this statement? I think it actually means something about our team leader. Some will agree with me and feel its a positive, others wont like it one bit. I made this thread to discuss that moreso the 57 officers...

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

If you were part of that unit and your union told you that they would not support you in legal proceedings would you stay knowing any expenses would be out of pocket?  Their union let them down.

The union's position is representative of the larger problem of Police having the ability to assault people without fear of reprisal or consequence, and they throw a tantrum like this when called out on it.  If it's just a union thing, the officers in question could still come out and say that they feel for the man who was assaulted.  Instead, you and I both know that they feel it was part of their assigned job, a job which they were ok with until some widely shared videos made them public villains.

1 minute ago, StHustle said:

BUT can we please keep this thread more about the fact Josh came out with this statement? I think it actually means something about our team leader. Some will agree with me and feel its a positive, others wont like it one bit. I made this thread to discuss that moreso the 57 officers...

Good luck with that :)

But I'm 100% on board with his statement.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

It’s easy to find where I stand. Hover over my name and do a search of my posts. You’ll be surprised, apparently. You don’t have to come back to apologize though.

If you are truly have good intentions with that avatar, maybe consider choosing a different avatar that would actually communicate good intention. You get questioned about it all the time, clearly rubbing people the wrong way and yet you consider it a positive? The road to epic failure is littered with people who had good intentions.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

To answer your question, I am happy that our QB said something in a non-PC, non-milquetoast kind of way.  At least he is not going to bore anyone to death.

Agreed.  I don't need to agree or disagree w/ someone all the time.  We shouldn't be so afraid of opinions - I get tired of people insincerely toeing some imaginary line, and trying to say the "right" thing instead of what they really feel.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

People need to remember.

There are much better ways to help people remember this reprehensible act.

It’s inappropriate and I’m surprised the MODS have let it remain. Time to show leadership folks, you’ve remove others for much less offensive things. 

• Like (+1) 1