Dalvin cook is holding out for a new contract/ rumored that he might be up for trade

59 minutes ago, NewEra said:

so you’re saying that cook doesn’t want to be the highest paid rb?  That he might take 14 mill a year and that he’ll take less per year if it’s guaranteed?  

the idea of a RB wanting a fully guaranteed 4-5 year extension worth $50-60m is a pipe dream. No running back, yet alone one with injuries in his past, is sniffing anything near those guarantees. You and I have the same want to have and same chance of getting that. 

cook could potentially see something like that $14m average tagged behind his remaining year with moderate guarantees. 

Just now, NoSaint said:

the idea of a RB wanting a fully guaranteed 4-5 year extension worth $50-60m is a pipe dream. No running back, yet alone one with injuries in his past, is sniffing anything near those guarantees. You and I have the same want to have and same chance of getting that. 

cook could potentially see something like that $14m average tagged behind his remaining year with moderate guarantees. 

Yes, I realize that. I have no idea what point your making.  All I did was relay info I had heard.  I also said that he’s an idiot for wanting all of that and If have issues paying him more than 9 mill a year.  I think he’s a decent rb, nothing special.  

it seems that you’re all up in arms about me saying that if he can’t get 14-16 mill a year then he wants a fully gtd contract.  I don’t see why it’s so crazy to think he would throw that out there as a negotiating ploy.  I’ve read that the Vikings offered him around 9 a year.  To him, that’s too low. Halfway between 14-16 is 12ish.  Not what he wants, but he’d take it if it were all gtd.  We know that’s not going to happen, but maybe he can get 30 mill gtd.  

Looks to me like you’re only point is to tell me that my friend is fos.  If that’s the case, just say that.  No harm done to me

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yes, I realize that. I have no idea what point your making.  All I did was relay info I had heard.  I also said that he’s an idiot for wanting all of that and If have issues paying him more than 9 mill a year.  I think he’s a decent rb, nothing special.  

it seems that you’re all up in arms about me saying that if he can’t get 14-16 mill a year then he wants a fully gtd contract.  I don’t see why it’s so crazy to think he would throw that out there as a negotiating ploy.  I’ve read that the Vikings offered him around 9 a year.  To him, that’s too low. Halfway between 14-16 is 12ish.  Not what he wants, but he’d take it if it were all gtd.  We know that’s not going to happen, but maybe he can get 30 mill gtd.  

Looks to me like you’re only point is to tell me that my friend is fos.  If that’s the case, just say that.  No harm done to me

and the point I made is either your friend is off on the details or cook is unreasonable in his expectation.

somehow you’ve twisted that into my only point being your friend is FOS. Which is remarkable with how explicit I have multiple options laid out.

Though I did neglect the third option- that you are not reliable with taking in and then sharing information accurately. there’s a growing suspicion based on how poorly this has gone that it may be the case. 

11 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

and the point I made is either your friend is off on the details or cook is unreasonable in his expectation.

somehow you’ve twisted that into my only point being your friend is FOS. Which is remarkable with how explicit I have multiple options laid out.

Though I did neglect the third option- that you are not reliable with taking in and then sharing information accurately. there’s a growing suspicion based on how poorly this has gone that it may be the case. 

I had already said cook was unreasonable, going so far as to say that he was an idiot.