Dalvin cook is holding out for a new contract/ rumored that he might be up for trade

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Add him to the bunch.

He'd have everybody else warming his spot on the bench for when he decides to take a breather

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

No disrespect to Cook or other players, but McCaffrey is so stupidly good that’s a tall ask for all but a couple of players in this league.

Full disrespect meant, McCaffrey is GOAT and all these other guys are chumps in comparison, they deserve only a fraction of what he got because they only have a fraction of his talent:wub:

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Plano said:

hard no. He's not even discussed as one of the top backs in the league.

Maybe when he starts producing he can act that way, who does he think he is, Dak?

Um, did you watch football last year?  He most certainly is one of the best rbs in the nfl.  That’s insane to say otherwise.  

however, he struggles to stay healthy but he is a stud.  And with the way rbs are treated, every rb should hold out after a productive season.  

5 hours ago, nucci said:

why is he an idiot? His contract has 1 year left and he wants a new one. 

Year
Team
ATT
YDS
AVG
TD
REC

MIN

MIN

MIN

Career

My bad, I shouldn’t have used the word idiot.  I posted that after talking with my buddy who happens to be a die hard Vikings fan that is a U of Miami alum/booster (Cook is from Miami).  He’s pretty dialed in with the Vikings and the Miami community.  His people are saying that he wants to be the highest paid rb in the league and probably won’t take less that 14 mill a year.  They said he might take as low as 12 a year if it’s a fully gtd 4-5 year deal.  

He had one good year.   He was broken for 2 years.  He wants to be one of the highest paid RB.....based on one good year and a torn ACL? 

He plays the most undervalued position in the NFL.  

He is set to be a free agent in an offseason where there are several top tier RBs also set to be free agents.  

His backup was selected 102nd overall last season, had similar advanced stats and looks to be one helluva rb.

under the new cba, if he holdouts and misses training camp, he’ll be a restricted FA instead of an UFA.

melvin Gordon had multiple good years in SD, declined a contract worth 10+ mill, sat out, lost money and signed a contract worth 8 mill a year. 

He’s a running back playing in a Gary kubiak scheme.  Of course he’s going to produce.  Everyone produces in that scheme.  

All that being said....If he holds out, he’ll be an idiot again.

Edited by NewEra

On 6/12/2020 at 12:33 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

But if we add Cook we can Legitimately say our running back room would be elite and would be an extra weapon for Josh to throw to

Cook deserves his money, but the Bills shouldn't be paying it.  They have too many contracts coming up.  Tre, Dawkins, Milano, Edmunds and hopefully Allen.  And they have one good RB in Singletary and a potentially good one in Moss.   

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, NewEra said:
Year
Team
ATT
YDS
AVG
TD
REC

MIN

MIN

MIN

Career

My bad, I shouldn’t have used the word idiot.  I posted that after talking with my buddy who happens to be a die hard Vikings fan that is a U of Miami alum/booster (Cook is from Miami).  He’s pretty dialed in with the Vikings and the Miami community.  His people are saying that he wants to be the highest paid rb in the league and probably won’t take less that 14 mill a year.  They said he might take as low as 12 a year if it’s a fully gtd 4-5 year deal.  

He had one good year.   He was broken for 2 years.  He wants to be one of the highest paid RB.....based on one good year and a torn ACL? 

He plays the most undervalued position in the NFL.  

He is set to be a free agent in an offseason where there are several top tier RBs also set to be free agents.  

His backup was selected 102nd overall last season, had similar advanced stats and looks to be one helluva rb.

under the new cba, if he holdouts and misses training camp, he’ll be a restricted FA instead of an UFA.

melvin Gordon had multiple good years in SD, declined a contract worth 10+ mill, sat out, lost money and signed a contract worth 8 mill a year. 

He’s a running back playing in a Gary kubiak scheme.  Of course he’s going to produce.  Everyone produces in that scheme.  

All that being said....If he holds out, he’ll be an idiot again.

no rb is getting a fully guaranteed 5 year. Either he’s nuts or more likely your friend isn’t as dialed in as he plays

44 minutes ago, Doc said:

Another year like 2019 and he'll make a strong case for a big payday. 

And he won't get it. 

His injury record speaks for itself and unlike McCaffrey he doesn't double up as receiver, so doesn't have that inherent value if he drops off as an RB, and his value is spread across 2 spots because he has a wider role. 

The last half decade is littered with RBs not justifying big pay days. If he wants to play that game, he'll go the same way as another talented but injury prone RB, Devonta Freeman. 

Edited by Mountain Man

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

no rb is getting a fully guaranteed 5 year. Either he’s nuts or more likely your friend isn’t as dialed in as he plays

He wants to be the highest paid RB.  Doesn’t mean he’s getting it.  He wants a fully gtd 4-5 year contract. Doesn’t mean he’s getting it.  That doesn’t mean my friend is as dialed in as he plays.  

People often want things they can’t have.  It doesn’t me that they don’t want those things.  

9 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

And he won't get it. 

His injury record speaks for itself and unlike McCaffrey he doesn't double up as receiver, so doesn't have that inherent value if he drops off as an RB, and his value is spread across 2 spots because he has a wider role. 

The last half decade is littered with RBs not justifying big pay days. If he wants to play that game, he'll go the same way as another talented but injury prone RB, Devonta Freeman. 

Problem is, he wants to get paid BEFORE he has his SECOND good season.  

44 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

And he won't get it. 

History says he won't, but you never know.  And I don't think he'll get anywhere near McCaffrey money. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Which just compounds the issue. 

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

History says he won't, but you never know.  And I don't think he'll get anywhere near McCaffrey money. 

He might get Gordon money, 2 years 16 million. McCaffrey is being paid as a WR

24 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Which just compounds the issue. 

He might get Gordon money, 2 years 16 million. McCaffrey is being paid as a WR

I think the Vikings will offer him 10-12.  If that gets it done, he’s a smart man.  If he declines that, he’d have made a mistake 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

He wants to be the highest paid RB.  Doesn’t mean he’s getting it.  He wants a fully gtd 4-5 year contract. Doesn’t mean he’s getting it.  That doesn’t mean my friend is as dialed in as he plays.  

People often want things they can’t have.  It doesn’t me that they don’t want those things.  

I want those too. Doesn’t mean I have any expectation of actually getting them.

either he’s insane or your friend isn’t filtering this info to you very well in this game of telephone 

I know players are keen to push for the best possible deal but it I'm the Vikings, I'm hesitant to give this dude a huge guaranteed contract. He's never played a full 16 game season. He's missed 19 games in his three year career. 

And no, there's no reason to trade for him. Singletary and Moss will be fine. 

51 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I want those too. Doesn’t mean I have any expectation of actually getting them.

either he’s insane or your friend isn’t filtering this info to you very well in this game of telephone 

so you’re saying that cook doesn’t want to be the highest paid rb?  That he might take 14 mill a year and that he’ll take less per year if it’s guaranteed?