Dalvin cook is holding out for a new contract/ rumored that he might be up for trade

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I don't understand that part.  Why would it matter?  Montgomery, Sanders and Jacobs all had over 200 carries.

just speculating - maybe Singletary was a little behind on certain things like pass protection, his route running on passing plays, things like that that might have kept him off the field. 

Daboll still should have given him more carries though, especially after Gore started his late season decline.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

just speculating - maybe Singletary was a little behind on certain things like pass protection, his route running on passing plays, things like that that might have kept him off the field. 

Daboll still should have given him more carries though, especially after Gore started his late season decline.

McD should have given the team less Daboll...

• Like (+1) 1

Cook might be an upgrade over what we have he might not. But I am not paying him a sizable deal and giving up a draft pick for him. Moss and Singletary will do just fine. 

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I love the fact that we have 2 young third round RB's on cost controlled contracts on this team

With one coming of a productive rookie year

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

But if we add Cook we can Legitimately say our running back room would be elite and would be an extra weapon for Josh to throw to

I think Moss can be just as good as Cook maybe even better 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Would you trade for Dalvin cook? He is friends with Diggs and even commented how much it hurt to see the Vikings trade Diggs to here.  Maybe Diggs can try to recruit cook? 

No, and you should put yourself into a 2 week quarantine inside a faraday cage to make sure this thought doesn't spread any further.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

What’s with all these suspect RBs holding out? I can sort of understand a guy like Zeke or Leveon Bell holding out. 

But guys like Melvin Gordon and dalvin cook? Cook has exactly 1 good season, in which he played in 14 games.  Does he seriously think Minnesota will pay him? 

RBs need to realize that their position just doesn’t have the pay potential as other ones. Holding out isn’t fooling anyone. 

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

Get a better right tackle and good LB depth, then come talk.

And, as stated, we have what looks to be two solid young running backs. So, no from me, too.

Hard Pass on him

1)  He has a poor injury history

2)  I like our backfield tandem

3)  The $$.  Don't want to tie up too much cap room in a running back- we have got some ducats to shell out soon for some of our own players

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

But if we add Cook we can Legitimately say our running back room would be elite and would be an extra weapon for Josh to throw to

Just as an FYI Cook was one of the NFL RB leaders with drops on the season.