Dalvin cook is holding out for a new contract/ rumored that he might be up for trade

3 minutes ago, delirious said:

Big no, not with our young, potentially great, cheap stable. 

But if we add Cook we can Legitimately say our running back room would be elite and would be an extra weapon for Josh to throw to

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

Cook’s very good, but RB just really isn’t a need right now at all. I think some people have forgotten how good Singletary was last season. Daboll’s biggest sin last year was not using him more (understandable to a certain extent, since he was a rookie.)

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

But if we add Cook we can Legitimately say our running back room would be elite and would be an extra weapon for Josh to throw to

Then we have to pay him... and give up stuff to get him.  Do we want to keep our players (tre, milano, dawkins), or just trade for vikings?  

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

Cook’s very good, but RB just really isn’t a need right now at all. I think some people have forgotten how good Singletary was last season. Daboll’s biggest sin last year was not using him more (understandable to a certain extent, since he was a rookie.)

And they added Moss.  

• Like (+1) 1

If you have a RB that is used as the lead guy, "eggs in one basket" threat then this is what happens.  They appear to be a major part of the offense, especially if they are an elite in the passing game too, and will want to be paid accordingly.  The thing is they are probably correct, they should be paid like they are valuable but the NFL "futures" value of any RB has gotten to be much riskier for return on investment.   

37 minutes ago, Doc said:

He wants close to what McCaffrey got.  Big no.

He’s an idiot.  I think we’re looking at the next Melvin Gordon if he wants that kind of money.   He’s a very good Rb.  I don’t view him as elite.  The only rb I’d pay more than 7-8 mill a year is an elite RB....I don’t think I’d pay him 10 a year 

Nope. We have guys who are in need of being re-signed and the possibility of a cap that goes down next year. Why trade for a RB looking for BIG $$$ when we already have Singletary locked up for this season, plus 2 more at the least, and a rookie RB we just drafted in the 3rd this year? 

19 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I don't understand that part.  Why would it matter?  Montgomery, Sanders and Jacobs all had over 200 carries.