Chris Simms thinks Stidham is more talented than Tua

23 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But did you see Hill’s ?!!! ? 

19 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I watched some of that film so I could think some thoughts.

Hey! hands off my man biscuits! On second thought, the more the merrier, I didn't think I'd be rubbing off on you guys so much:wub:

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, mannc said:

You should be.  He’s going to be the best QB in this class, and he’s walking into a very good situation in LA.  He’s what Josh Allen would have looked like if he’d started 4 years at a major program.

Herbert is going to be a bust. His mechanics are poor his accuracy isn’t very good. The one thing he can do is move with his legs. He went through 3 different OC’S who tried to help simplify the playbook for him because he had a problem reading defenses. Charger fans are going to find out that he wasn’t worth the number 6 overall pick, hell the chargers GM even admitted they wanted Tua and settled for Herbert because the other QBS after them are huge question marks. 

3 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Herbert is going to be a bust. His mechanics are poor his accuracy isn’t very good. The one thing he can do is move with his legs. He went through 3 different OC’S who tried to help simplify the playbook for him because he had a problem reading defenses. Charger fans are going to find out that he wasn’t worth the number 6 overall pick, hell the chargers GM even admitted they wanted Tua and settled for Herbert because the other QBS after them are huge question marks. 

I think you are wrong.  The pistol offense they ran at Oregon was a terrible match for his skill-set, especially after they refused to let him run, his senior year.  I think he’s going to be a really good pro.

On 6/12/2020 at 12:30 PM, dneveu said:

I mean - he's not wrong.  College success doesn't really mean anything when translating to the NFL.  Look at Leinart, Vince young, Tebow... and many others.  Having a stacked supporting cast makes it even more difficult to evaluate.

He is wrong. He said Stidham is more talented. Thats false. Stidham is a 4th round talent. Tua is a top 10 talent. Stidham may have better year but Tua is far and away more talented

3 hours ago, mannc said:

I think you are wrong.  The pistol offense they ran at Oregon was a terrible match for his skill-set, especially after they refused to let him run, his senior year.  I think he’s going to be a really good pro.

But see that’s the thing with Herbert he’s an athlete trying to play QB. He’s a guy who needs to rely on his mobility because he’s not very good as a pocket passer. That’s where Tua beats him, Tua is a pure pocket passer and has a strong arm and is accurate. Tua’s only concern is if he can stay healthy in the NFL which I think he can

You may not trust the opinion of Chris Simms much but you should trust the opinion of Bill Belichick. The fact that he’s willing to roll into the season with Hoyer and Stidham should tell you all you need to know about Stidham. You don’t let Tom Brady walk unless you think Stidham has some serious potential. Also Chris Simms is a fantastic commentator, one of my favorites and I’ve always liked him. Simms is one of the better talking heads out there. Would the Patriots really tank? I have an awful time believing that they’d do that. I’d bet money that Stidham is slightly above average. I do still believe that he is the least talented QB in the AFC East though but he’ll be a solid system player. Allen, Darnold, Tua and Stidham in that order. Bills are still by an large the team to beat in the AFC East, our division to lose.

10 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

He is wrong. He said Stidham is more talented. Thats false. Stidham is a 4th round talent. Tua is a top 10 talent. Stidham may have better year but Tua is far and away more talented

I mean... I'm sure Michael vick was more talented than tom brady after bradys first season. Things can change.

I would say there is a 95% chance that Stidham has a better year in NE than Tua has in MIA. Do I think Stidham is more talented than Tua? No, but I wasn’t that impressed with Tua when I saw him (although I don’t watch much college football). 

Now if Tua was in NE and Stidham in MIA I would go the other way. Remember, in terms of media coverage, they tend to project that success = talent. Tom Brady has had the most “successful” QB career. Does that mean he is the best QB ever? In my eyes, he’s not even in the argument. 

However, after this season, we likely wind up with the media gushing over Stidham as the Pats ride Bellicheck’s defense to another playoff berth, while Tua sits at home.

Edited by Troll Toll

5 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

You may not trust the opinion of Chris Simms much but you should trust the opinion of Bill Belichick. The fact that he’s willing to roll into the season with Hoyer and Stidham should tell you all you need to know about Stidham. You don’t let Tom Brady walk unless you think Stidham has some serious potential. Also Chris Simms is a fantastic commentator, one of my favorites and I’ve always liked him. Simms is one of the better talking heads out there. Would the Patriots really tank? I have an awful time believing that they’d do that. I’d bet money that Stidham is slightly above average. I do still believe that he is the least talented QB in the AFC East though but he’ll be a solid system player. Allen, Darnold, Tua and Stidham in that order. Bills are still by an large the team to beat in the AFC East, our division to lose.

The Patriots are in cap hell. Stidham and Hoyer are their QBs becuase thats who they can afford

That team will need to be blown up soon