Chris Simms thinks Stidham is more talented than Tua

Thanks for proving my point.  Instead of offering anything of substance, you just blanketly say that one of the best arm talents in NCAA history is going to be out of the league in four years, with or without injury.... hmmmm yeah ok.  You're a joke.  

I love my Bills but just because a rival team drafts a player doesn't mean I all of abandon clear analysis/eye test.  I hate to say it, but Tua is going to be a stud.  His chances of being a pro bowler within 4 year far outweigh the changes of him being out of the league.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

Thanks for proving my point.  Instead of offering anything of substance, you just blanketly say that one of the best arm talents in NCAA history is going to be out of the league in four years, with or without injury.... hmmmm yeah ok.  You're a joke.  

I love my Bills but just because a rival team drafts a player doesn't mean I all of abandon clear analysis/eye test.  I hate to say it, but Tua is going to be a stud.  His chances of being a pro bowler within 4 year far outweigh the changes of him being out of the league.  

I'm going to blanketly say I regret my original post way more than I ever thought possible.

18 minutes ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

“One of the best arm talents in NCAA history”.  I think that might be just a bit overstated. I mean, wow.  

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, FLFan said:

“One of the best arm talents in NCAA history”.  I think that might be just a bit overstated. I mean, wow.  

It's not as if he blithely compared him to the most accurate quarterback in NFL history a page back or anything.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

It's not as if he blithely compared him to the most accurate quarterback in NFL history a page back or anything.

I did not see that or I probably would not have been so polite.  

2 hours ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

You clearly have not done your research on Tua (and maybe even know nothing about him?).  Yes his arm talent is off the charts, especially his accuracy, but so are his intangibles.

Look what people who know him say about his work ethic and, professionalism. Even opposing college coaches and players talk about what a great person he is.  He is the epitome of what you want in a franchise quarterback on and off the field.  Well spoken, incredibly nice guy from a loving family, never been in trouble, his teammates have the upmost respect for him, etc. He does need to continue to progress with his reads, but what college quarterback doesn't? Oh and his ability rally teammates when things are down? How about coming into the game for an Alabama team that was getting their but kicked in the national championship against UGA at halftime as a true Freshman entirely cold without playing the whole year and leading them back to win with arm?  Is that enough of an indicator for you? 

It could be that I failed to communicate it clearly or that you didn’t quite read it correctly, but that statement had nothing to do with Tua, as I said that he is seemingly more talented than Stidham, but that the qualities I mentioned are MORE important in terms of a successful NFL QB. Not that Tua didn’t have them or that Stidham did - just that a more talented QB does not equate a better NFL QB. 

8 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I don’t know how Simms can make a solid evaluation on either of these QB’s. Week 10 would be much better time to make a evaluation on these 2

pre-season -  Opinion

week-10 -  facts

7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Hitting wide open receivers is not a knock on a QB.  It's soemthing NFl QBs can struggle with.  The average QB connects witha receiver less than 2/3 of the times he tries.

Also, Simms ranks Stidham essentially the same as Taysom Hill, who is not a QB in the NFL.  He's a moron.

You're correct about hitting wide open receivers.  It wasn't a knock on him. The point was that he very seldom had to hit a tight throw against great coverage with a pass rush in his face.  Most recently he struggled to do that against a great LSU secondary.  He'll have to prove that he can do it on a regular basis to win games in the league.  Until both of these guys show something in real games, who's to say how much better one is over the other.  It's just speculation.  Tua also needs to prove that he isn't an injury machine.

Tua and Burrow to me are difficult to evaluate in the sense that the talent they played with far exceeded anyone else in CFB. 

Take Tua for example:

RB-Josh Jacobs-1st round pick

OL-Jonah Williams, Jedrick Wills-first round picks 

WR-Jerry Jeudy, Henry Ruggs-first round pick 

Next year Alex Leatherwood, Jaylen Waddle, and Devonta Smith are projected first round picks. 

Alabama has more talent on offense than the Jets and Dolphins. 

I haven't watched Stidham a lot. His history makes me a little worried that the Pats got a steal. I believe he was the 13th overall, and number 1 dual threat QB coming out of HS. Put up good numbers as a true freshman at Baylor, when the starter got hurt. Then the whole shameful fiasco happened at Baylor, which derailed his college career a bit and transferred.

2 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

Tua and Burrow to me are difficult to evaluate in the sense that the talent they played with far exceeded anyone else in CFB. 

Take Tua for example:

Next year Alex Leatherwood, Jaylen Waddle, and Devonta Smith are projected first round picks. 

Chase from LSU will be the first WR taken. They definitely played with serious talent 

8 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

You're correct about hitting wide open receivers.  It wasn't a knock on him. The point was that he very seldom had to hit a tight throw against great coverage with a pass rush in his face.  Most recently he struggled to do that against a great LSU secondary.  He'll have to prove that he can do it on a regular basis to win games in the league.  Until both of these guys show something in real games, who's to say how much better one is over the other.  It's just speculation.  Tua also needs to prove that he isn't an injury machine.

Injuries are a concern.  

Every QB coming in faces the same unknown re Defense reading.  But Tua dominated in the conference that produces a ton of NFL Defensive starters (Bama destroyed Burrow and LSU in 2018)..  LSU isn't the only such team he faced.  Plenty of tight coverage on his receivers during his tenure there .

3 hours ago, JetsFan20 said:

Take Tua for example:

I never understood this type of comment.  No one says: "Kelly and Bradshaw are difficult to evaluate because they were surrounded with HOF talent and coaches".

Great players make great teams.