Bills Top the League in Player Continuity

Let's hope that gives us the upper hand this year with teams having so few weeks/days to prepare for the season:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29226084/we-ranked-nfl-teams-continuity-1-32-bills-chiefs-lead-way

As many have written here, I'm hoping that the 3rd year for a QB that needed lots of development in the league allows Allen to shine and move to the top 3rd of the league at his position.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

It will matter more in the beginning of the season than then end.  But that could lead to a few Ws that could carry us to the playoffs so that’s a great thing. 

it’s also amazing what KC has done with their roster.  They are an Offside away from winning the last 2 SBs.

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Man, is this ugly for Carolina.  47% retention and an out of his league rookie HC with a first year (with the team) starting QB.  Ouch.

I think that’s kinda the point. They seem to be rebuilding, and honestly, this is a pretty good year to do it. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I think that’s kinda the point. They seem to be rebuilding, and honestly, this is a pretty good year to do it. 

Rebuild?  Or tank?

3 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Sometimes it’s the same side of the coin. They have some pieces on that team and if they get things moved around they can be pretty good

Great avatar.  Ron is one of the funniest characters in TV history Imo

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Man, is this ugly for Carolina.  47% retention and an out of his league rookie HC with a first year (with the team) starting QB.  Ouch.

It’s ugly for Carolina in 2020, but I thought they had a great draft.  I view Tyrod and Teddy as similar in respect to their overall skill level.  Teddy is a better passer, but I don’t think he’ll ever be a franchise QB that a team can hang their hat on.  He can win games and possibly lead a team to the playoffs, but I don’t think he’s capable of winning a SB unless he’s carried by a great team/coaching.  

McBeane cleaned house when they came in.  Turned out great for us.  A couple years later and we’re leading the league.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It’s ugly for Carolina in 2020, but I thought they had a great draft.  I view Tyrod and Teddy as similar in respect to their overall skill level.  Teddy is a better passer, but I don’t think he’ll ever be a franchise QB that a team can hang their hat on.  He can win games and possibly lead a team to the playoffs, but I don’t think he’s capable of winning a SB unless he’s carried by a great team/coaching.  

McBeane cleaned house when they came in.  Turned out great for us.  A couple years later and we’re leading the league.

My biggest question is their HC hire.  We know all too well what a talented team can (or cannot) do with a crappy HC.

16 minutes ago, Gugny said:

My biggest question is their HC hire.  We know all too well what a talented team can (or cannot) do with a crappy HC.

I hear ya.  It’s definitely all on him.  I don’t know enough about him or his philosophies to even comment on him

12 hours ago, BisonMan said:

Let's hope that gives us the upper hand this year with teams having so few weeks/days to prepare for the season:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29226084/we-ranked-nfl-teams-continuity-1-32-bills-chiefs-lead-way

As many have written here, I'm hoping that the 3rd year for a QB that needed lots of development in the league allows Allen to shine and move to the top 3rd of the league at his position.

we also have continuity at the Coaching positions.... same coordinators returning,....

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ganesh said:

we also have continuity at the Coaching positions.... same coordinators returning,....

Which is going to mean more than EVER this year with no OTA’s, etc. That could be worth a game or two over teams with new coaches and more roster turnover. Still a tough schedule, but it helps the established teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is such a huge deal.  I posted something about this at the beginning of covid.  Without formal workouts and maybe even preseason the fact that the bills have this continuity and added some key vets rather then being dependent only on the draft makes us a team that can and will get out of the gate faster.  Huge advantage. 

On 6/12/2020 at 8:55 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

It will matter more in the beginning of the season than then end.  But that could lead to a few Ws that could carry us to the playoffs so that’s a great thing. 

it’s also amazing what KC has done with their roster.  They are an Offside away from winning the last 2 SBs.

And a roughing the passer penalty, where the QB still had the ball in his possession and was hit on his arm.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1