Good For a Laugh: Guitar World Poll Names Brian May as the Best Guitarist, "edging" out Jimi Hendrix.

T&C

21 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yep.  And Roy Clark.

Indeed. As has already been stated multiple times, there are simply too many fantastic guitarists, in various genres and with varying styles, for lists like this to have much meaning. They are simply fodder for clicks, discussions, arguments, etc. 

With that said, I still think any "best guitarist" list with Brian May at the top is to be ignored.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Indeed. As has already been stated multiple times, there are simply too many fantastic guitarists, in various genres and with varying styles, for lists like this to have much meaning. They are simply fodder for clicks, discussions, arguments, etc. 

With that said, I still think any "best guitarist" list with Brian May at the top is to be ignored.

Yes, yes and abso-effing-lutely!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CIrvine said:

Hubert Sumlin,  Luther Allison, and Albert Collins.

I dont know about the other two, but I was able to see Luther Allison 2X in concert in the 1970's.

Absolutely incredible.

The first time he was the warmup form the Allman Brothers.

( side note, this concert was one week before Duane's death)

Luther came back the following the year as the headliner.

Saying guitarist X is the best of all time is  silly.  Just enjoy their immense talent

• Thank you (+1) 2

It took me a long time to come around to 'Jimi' - I always thought he was great, but loved a lot of others along the way.  Digging deeper into his catalogue, though, a lot of his stuff later became fresh sounds waaaay later.  I have bands that I love who made their sound off of one of his passing fancies.  Sorry, can't put May into that category.  I am a big fan of his brother, tho.  

This is so good it always gives me the bumps... Perkins, Clapton, and Cash... recorded in 1970 backed by the Domino's. Eric is kind of a kid here... especially after Carl's first riff.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 11:37 AM, The Dean said:

There are so many great guitarists from all different kinds of music. If I were to start a list mine would start with Hendrix and SRV  as co #1. Having a difficult time picking one over the other.

Edited by Greg S