What is the best Hilton chain hotel to stay for game day

On 6/11/2020 at 6:03 AM, BisonMan said:

Hilton Auckland is my personal favorite. Awesome views of the harbor and a great breakfast buffet. Of course, the trip to the stadium requires 24-28 hours of flights to Bufffalo and then the drive from the airport. But, that sunrise on the harbor makes it all worth it!

image.thumb.jpeg.37ca9b5cdb6d20c0b66b06525bf33983.jpeg

I remember staying at this place about 20 years ago.  Came back after a fun night to a note saying "Dear Guests.  Please note that the QE2 will be docking outside the hotel this evening, so you might want to keep your window shades drawn for privacy."  Sure enough, I awoke to windows outside my window the next morning.  I kept the note card; it's kicking around someplace.

2 hours ago, Whites Bay said:

I remember staying at this place about 20 years ago.  Came back after a fun night to a note saying "Dear Guests.  Please note that the QE2 will be docking outside the hotel this evening, so you might want to keep your window shades drawn for privacy."  Sure enough, I awoke to windows outside my window the next morning.  I kept the note card; it's kicking around someplace.

A cruise I was on ended in Auckland, New Zealand, and there was a hotel that butted up right next to the dock. I'm not sure if I would like to stay there because there was so much noise at 6am with all the unloading and reloading of the ship, I don't know how people could sleep. 

On 6/10/2020 at 11:03 PM, Augie said:

I’ve stayed at both the Hampton Inn and Embassy Suites downtown for the last couple openers. Both are absolutely fine, and an easy walk to restaurants and bars. I also start at the Hampton Inn in Williamsville to visit the old stomping grounds before moving downtown. 

If you can’t walk it, what is another 5-10 minute drive? I’m for staying near stuff you want rather than being stranded mid-way. 

I would say the same thing... stay near things you can just walk to, the little extra time going to the stadium is no big deal. We stay at whatever Hilton or subsidary that is at Roswell by the hospital... forget the name. Short walk to Gabriels Gate too.