This picture of a fan in a Bills jersey makes me cringe

chongli

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dude, and I mean this in the nicest possible way - If this picture of a fan in a Bills jersey at a SeaSnakes game is what makes you cringe these days, you must lead a charmed and fortunate (and somewhat protected) life.

If it were me, I'd consider overhauling and calibrating my Cringe-O-Meter, but You do You

Mic drop.  ??

(If you can't say anything nice, just add emojis.)

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Pictures! ?

7 hours ago, Raleigh • √eff said:

It looks like that guy on the left side of the pic is wearing an Ahmad Bradshaw jersey. If this were a Bills game, I feel like there'd be more Bills gear there. Bills Mafia shows out the best in the league.

I was at the Monday night Seahawks game. There were quite a few Bills fans in attendance. I also had zero issues. Dressed in full Bills gear and not one person said anything to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I once wore a Red Sox hat to a Bills game... some a hole tried to grab the hat off my head and tell me “you can’t wear a Red Sox hat to a Bills game!”

I was just puzzled... I told him I didn’t think the Bills were playing the Red Sox that day, besides it’s Red White and Blue with a B on it, pretend it means Bills and stfu.

Sue me for trying to keep my favorite teams color coordinated...

Dude. Red Sox and Bills colors are totally different shades of red and blue.  Major faux pas there.  It was just the Fashion Police trying to do you a favor. 

• Haha (+1) 1

It used to be the time period between the draft and training camp was pretty quiet. People talked football, but in a limited way unless Marshawn got in trouble.

I have no idea why someone opens a thread about some random dude wearing an old jersey. 

The SNL sketch where Shatner addressed the Star Trek convention applies here.   

I'd rather dress like this guy at a football game a hundred times than ever wake up to find out I was a person who thought this was a valuable thought to post on a Bills message board.

Grow up, brother.  Pretty much no one cares what you think of their dress habits.

15 hours ago, chongli said:

08292019_half_215443-1560x1040.jpg

Caption: "Fans react to the game as the Seattle Seahawks take on the Oakland Raiders at CenturyLink Field in Seattle Thursday August 29, 2019 for their fourth preseason game. (Dean Rutz / The Seattle Times)"

[Article: https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/how-could-a-potentially-shortened-nfl-preseason-impact-the-seahawks/]

[Larger pic here: https://postimg.cc/14dcrpzk ]

You can tell the fan on the left in the Bills jersey is wearing a Seahawks hat in the larger pic above or in the article link above.

A number of things first went through my mind when I saw this:

1. It must have been Buffalo at Seattle. That is the logical explanation of why the fan is wearing a Bills jersey at CenturyLink. Then I realized the caption said it was actually Oakland at Seattle in 2019.

2. The jersey that looks like a Bills jersey must be some kind of weird throwback jersey Seattle has. Nope.

3. The fan is incredibly cheap. He must have bought the Lynch jersey on clearance after he was traded away from Buffalo. [I remember buying a Terrell Owens jersey in Philly on clearance for $1 after he went to Dallas--but I didn't go to Dallas wearing a Philadelphia jersey.]

4. How did that guy make it out alive after wearing a Bills jersey there?

5. The guy looks stupid AF in a Bills jersey and a Seahawks hat.

Are we really going to allow cyber bullying based on appearance of another bills fan?

this post is terrible and makes bills fans look like #######s.

OMG what is the football world coming to a football fan wearing a jersey of a player that was with another team before he went to the team or other teams that he is now playing for OMG they should have called off the season ...

If i had a Marshawn jersey i would have worn it !! Would it have been different if he wore a Fred Jackson jersey when he went to the Hawks that year or would that have freaked out the OP too ? ?

On 6/10/2020 at 7:00 PM, Mango said:

I don’t get it. And by it, I mean your point. The Bills aren’t playing so why would he be in any “danger”. Even then there are only a handful of stadiums around the country where that danger is real. Even so, we shouldn’t carry all HS logic into our adult lives. It’s not sound advice. Sound advice is, other adults shouldn’t put their hands on other adults over a football jersey. 

There are a couple of very realistic answers though: 

1. He’s a Buffalo transplant, living in Seattle. Got some tickets to the game.Went, had a blast, repped his favorite team with a player that also played in the city he now lives. 

2. Maybe a Cal fan. Bought a Lynch Jersey when he got drafted. Wore it to his favorite NFL team. 

The only thing he would be in danger of is being laughed at for wearing a Bills jersey outside of Buffalo......

10 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

How did he make it out alive in Seattle? Have you been to Seattle? 

The people are literally made of marshmallow. 

They would have to put down their latte in line at Starbucks to notice......

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, K-9 said:

Well, the game was in Seattle and there’s plenty of Seattle garb in that pic. Definitely a Marshawn Lynch fan in the Bills Jersey.

My first thought as well, a Lynch fan.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/10/2020 at 3:12 PM, chongli said:

08292019_half_215443-1560x1040.jpg

Caption: "Fans react to the game as the Seattle Seahawks take on the Oakland Raiders at CenturyLink Field in Seattle Thursday August 29, 2019 for their fourth preseason game. (Dean Rutz / The Seattle Times)"

[Article: https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/how-could-a-potentially-shortened-nfl-preseason-impact-the-seahawks/]

[Larger pic here: https://postimg.cc/14dcrpzk ]

You can tell the fan on the left in the Bills jersey is wearing a Seahawks hat in the larger pic above or in the article link above.

A number of things first went through my mind when I saw this:

1. It must have been Buffalo at Seattle. That is the logical explanation of why the fan is wearing a Bills jersey at CenturyLink. Then I realized the caption said it was actually Oakland at Seattle in 2019.

2. The jersey that looks like a Bills jersey must be some kind of weird throwback jersey Seattle has. Nope.

3. The fan is incredibly cheap. He must have bought the Lynch jersey on clearance after he was traded away from Buffalo. [I remember buying a Terrell Owens jersey in Philly on clearance for $1 after he went to Dallas--but I didn't go to Dallas wearing a Philadelphia jersey.]

4. How did that guy make it out alive after wearing a Bills jersey there?

5. The guy looks stupid AF in a Bills jersey and a Seahawks hat.

It's also possible he's just a fan of both teams. Maybe he's from Buffalo and his wife is from Seattle, he lives in Seattle and likes the Seahawks as his NFC team. Maybe this is his way of saying he's rooting for both teams overall, but the Bills moreso, as he's in their jersey. 

I don't think Seattle fans are hostile to visiting fans. They're generally chill relative to any NFL fan. I wouldnt want Bills fans to be hostile to a guy wearing a Seahawks jersey/Bills hat in Buffalo, yknow? Teasing I guess but not like "how would they make it out of there"