This picture of a fan in a Bills jersey makes me cringe

chongli

6 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Fake news.  Probably just said it was from

the Raiders game, but I bet it’s from the Bills Monday Nighter a couple years prior. There’s no Raiders garb to be seen.
Never believe the MSM. 

I was curious too, since it looks like everyone is bundled up as if it's cold out, so I did some searching, it was Seahawks/Raiders. Picture #5 at the link...

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/photos-seahawks-take-on-raiders-in-final-preseason-game/

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I once wore a Red Sox hat to a Bills game... some a hole tried to grab the hat off my head and tell me “you can’t wear a Red Sox hat to a Bills game!”

I was just puzzled... I told him I didn’t think the Bills were playing the Red Sox that day, besides it’s Red White and Blue with a B on it, pretend it means Bills and stfu.

Sue me for trying to keep my favorite teams color coordinated...

Haha same thing happened to me at a Bills game, but I was wearing a Bills jersey and a freakin Padres hat bc I used to live in San Diego when I was in the Marines and they became my loveable loser mlb team. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

I once wore a Red Sox hat to a Bills game... some a hole tried to grab the hat off my head and tell me “you can’t wear a Red Sox hat to a Bills game!”

I was just puzzled... I told him I didn’t think the Bills were playing the Red Sox that day, besides it’s Red White and Blue with a B on it, pretend it means Bills and stfu.

Sue me for trying to keep my favorite teams color coordinated...

Let me get this right. YOU were wearing the Sox hat?

And who's the a-hole? :P

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

Fake news.  Probably just said it was from

the Raiders game, but I bet it’s from the Bills Monday Nighter a couple years prior. There’s no Raiders garb to be seen.
Never believe the MSM. 

Well, the game was in Seattle and there’s plenty of Seattle garb in that pic. Definitely a Marshawn Lynch fan in the Bills Jersey.

• Like (+1) 1

I actually own that same jersey-- Lynch #23. I now live in LA. If I had been at the Seahawks @ Rams game last season, I absolutely would have worn that Jersey, and I may have worn a Rams hat as well, if someone gave me one. I wouldn't have much cared who won, but I likely would have found myself cheering had I felt like I was watching good football. And, I wouldn't have felt at all worried about my safety.

Who cares if a fan is wearing a Bills jersey in any place? If anything we shoud give that dude some respect for showing off the Red White & Blue of the Bills in a foreign stadium.

Yes the Lynch thing was the 1st thing i thought about too. So what if a fan was wearing a Lynch jersey from his College Cal? Would that be unacceptable to the OP as well?

This is pretty stupid haha

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, chongli said:

I never played sports, so I thought that was how it was. I don't wantto risk being put into a coma over wearing the wrong jersey. Look what Happened to the SF Giants fan Brian Stowe at a Dodgers game. He became permanently brain injured because he supported the wrong team in enemy territory (Giants fans hate Dogers and vice-versa). Do you want to risk it?

Ok, I do now. ?

well okay. People are killing you in this thread but honestly you just sound naive, which is understandable. But those people assaulting a guy outside of Dodger Stadium were hardened criminals; they don’t represent the vast majority of fans. And yes, I’ve been witness to rough heckling of opposing fans at New Era as well (most of it good natured.) But these examples you give: the tragedies at Dodger stadium, the anecdote you received from some guy in high school - shouldn’t lead you to “cringe” every time you see a guy in an opposing jersey in a stadium. I’m sure he’s fine. And if you ever wanted to do something similar, I’m sure you’d be fine too.

6 hours ago, chongli said:

08292019_half_215443-1560x1040.jpg

Caption: "Fans react to the game as the Seattle Seahawks take on the Oakland Raiders at CenturyLink Field in Seattle Thursday August 29, 2019 for their fourth preseason game. (Dean Rutz / The Seattle Times)"

[Article: https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/how-could-a-potentially-shortened-nfl-preseason-impact-the-seahawks/]

[Larger pic here: https://postimg.cc/14dcrpzk ]

You can tell the fan on the left in the Bills jersey is wearing a Seahawks hat in the larger pic above or in the article link above.

A number of things first went through my mind when I saw this:

1. It must have been Buffalo at Seattle. That is the logical explanation of why the fan is wearing a Bills jersey at CenturyLink. Then I realized the caption said it was actually Oakland at Seattle in 2019.

2. The jersey that looks like a Bills jersey must be some kind of weird throwback jersey Seattle has. Nope.

3. The fan is incredibly cheap. He must have bought the Lynch jersey on clearance after he was traded away from Buffalo. [I remember buying a Terrell Owens jersey in Philly on clearance for $1 after he went to Dallas--but I didn't go to Dallas wearing a Philadelphia jersey.]

4. How did that guy make it out alive after wearing a Bills jersey there?

5. The guy looks stupid AF in a Bills jersey and a Seahawks hat.

Dude, and I mean this in the nicest possible way - If this picture of a fan in a Bills jersey at a SeaSnakes game is what makes you cringe these days, you must lead a charmed and fortunate (and somewhat protected) life.

If it were me, I'd consider overhauling and calibrating my Cringe-O-Meter, but You do You

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I guess if I saw that man at the stadium I'd think:

"Huh, that's strange. The Bills aren't even playing."

And then I'd take my seat and not give it a second thought.

44 minutes ago, MJS said:

I guess if I saw that man at the stadium I'd think:

"Huh, that's strange. The Bills aren't even playing."

And then I'd take my seat and not give it a second thought.

Right? Extremely weird thread. 

• Haha (+1) 1