This picture of a fan in a Bills jersey makes me cringe

chongli

08292019_half_215443-1560x1040.jpg

Caption: "Fans react to the game as the Seattle Seahawks take on the Oakland Raiders at CenturyLink Field in Seattle Thursday August 29, 2019 for their fourth preseason game. (Dean Rutz / The Seattle Times)"

[Article: https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seahawks/how-could-a-potentially-shortened-nfl-preseason-impact-the-seahawks/]

[Larger pic here: https://postimg.cc/14dcrpzk ]

You can tell the fan on the left in the Bills jersey is wearing a Seahawks hat in the larger pic above or in the article link above.

A number of things first went through my mind when I saw this:

1. It must have been Buffalo at Seattle. That is the logical explanation of why the fan is wearing a Bills jersey at CenturyLink. Then I realized the caption said it was actually Oakland at Seattle in 2019.

2. The jersey that looks like a Bills jersey must be some kind of weird throwback jersey Seattle has. Nope.

3. The fan is incredibly cheap. He must have bought the Lynch jersey on clearance after he was traded away from Buffalo. [I remember buying a Terrell Owens jersey in Philly on clearance for $1 after he went to Dallas--but I didn't go to Dallas wearing a Philadelphia jersey.]

4. How did that guy make it out alive after wearing a Bills jersey there?

5. The guy looks stupid AF in a Bills jersey and a Seahawks hat.

Edited by chongli
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, chongli said:

Caption: "Fans react to the game as the Seattle Seahawks take on the Oakland Raiders at CenturyLink Field in Seattle Thursday August 29, 2019 for their fourth preseason game. (Dean Rutz / The Seattle Times)"

A number of things first went through my mind when I saw this:

Sounds like too many things to fit comfortably all at once.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

Lynch is from Oakland and a lot of people from the area are just fans of him, not the teams. I think this dude falls into that category. 

Good point. So we have an Lynch fan from Oakland wearing a Bills jersey in Seattle. That's even worse, haha.

15 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Who cares what other people wear?

I do. When I was younger, a high school football player told me he would never be caught dead wearing his team's jersey in his rival's town, since he would risk getting beaten up. I took this as a valuable life lesson. So it's wrong to be wearing a jersey from another team in the opposing town.

Edited by chongli
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I don’t get it. And by it, I mean your point. The Bills aren’t playing so why would he be in any “danger”. Even then there are only a handful of stadiums around the country where that danger is real. Even so, we shouldn’t carry all HS logic into our adult lives. It’s not sound advice. Sound advice is, other adults shouldn’t put their hands on other adults over a football jersey. 

There are a couple of very realistic answers though: 

1. He’s a Buffalo transplant, living in Seattle. Got some tickets to the game.Went, had a blast, repped his favorite team with a player that also played in the city he now lives. 

2. Maybe a Cal fan. Bought a Lynch Jersey when he got drafted. Wore it to his favorite NFL team. 

• Like (+1) 4

I once wore a Red Sox hat to a Bills game... some a hole tried to grab the hat off my head and tell me “you can’t wear a Red Sox hat to a Bills game!”

I was just puzzled... I told him I didn’t think the Bills were playing the Red Sox that day, besides it’s Red White and Blue with a B on it, pretend it means Bills and stfu.

Sue me for trying to keep my favorite teams color coordinated...

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, chongli said:

I do. When I was younger, a high school football player told me he would never be caught dead wearing his team's jersey in his rival's town, since he would risk getting beaten up. I took this as a valuable life lesson. So it's wrong to be wearing a jersey from another team in the opposing town.

so you’ve held on to this life lesson from a high schooler for this long huh? what did the kids at day care teach you?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 8

If any of you have ever been to an NFL game in London, you will know that casual UK NFL fans will wear any jersey that they happen to own without having a second thought.  This guy could be one of those fans and just thinks that he is showing his support for Lynch.  People wear a lot of crazy things to games.  This doesn't even rank in the top 100 of strange attire that I've seen at a game.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

so you’ve held on to this life lesson from a high schooler for this long huh? what did the kids at day care teach you?

I never played sports, so I thought that was how it was. I don't wantto risk being put into a coma over wearing the wrong jersey. Look what Happened to the SF Giants fan Brian Stowe at a Dodgers game. He became permanently brain injured because he supported the wrong team in enemy territory (Giants fans hate Dogers and vice-versa). Do you want to risk it?

25 minutes ago, MassHog said:

This post is bad and you should feel bad. 

Ok, I do now. ?

Edited by chongli

2 hours ago, chongli said:

2. The jersey that looks like a Bills jersey must be some kind of weird throwback jersey Seattle has. Nope.

How long have you been a Bills fan to not recognize that jersey? 1 year? 2 years? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Fake news.  Probably just said it was from

the Raiders game, but I bet it’s from the Bills Monday Nighter a couple years prior. There’s no Raiders garb to be seen.
Never believe the MSM. 

• Like (+1) 1