Josh Norman speaks live in Buffalo about social injustice ; Cole Beasley opens up about current unrest in new song

8 hours ago, eball said:

Would love to see Buffalo be a leader in civil justice reform...time for folks to talk about something other than snow and Niagara Falls when discussing our hometown.

I would argue chicken wings are enough of a contribution to the world but being known for civil justice reform would be a nice runner up!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

22 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Beasley's tweet about it:

I have heard him talk about his kids and how much he loves his family - clearly big for him to be rooted and centered as a "family guy" and talking about failing his kids, From the Heart

27 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't understand the "someone who loves to rap," angle.

Srsly?

https://buffalonews.com/2019/11/26/buffalo-bills-cole-beasley-run-dmc-dallas-cowboys-adrenaline-junkie-destani-bryant-thanksgiving-nfl-2019/

1 hour ago, HappyBillsFan said:

We must become one, so let’s drive a divide and make sure we don’t... sounds good

People seem to feel the divide is already there, That kind of being the point of the whole "ongoing demonstrations after the cop is arrested" thing?

"let’s not get it twisted. The social upheaval we are witnessing is not about one horrific incident in Minneapolis. This has been building up for years, decades, generations. We can either confront it for what it is and make it an inflection point in the arc of our nation’s history, or we can become complicit in the perpetuation of our disease because we refuse to admit we are ill. This time may be different. I pray that it is different."

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Oh, I know he's a rapper. I just don't know where his love of rap fits into this particular context.

Look at the picture. 

If you really need it explained: he's saying he's a white guy who's not only spent his life with black teammates, he pursues an avocation of rap working closely with black performers and producers, yet he still "remained naive to the situation" many of his associates, teammates, and their families have as part of their daily experience

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Oh, I know he's a rapper. I just don't know where his love of rap fits into this particular context.

Assuming because the rap community is majority  black, to the point of Beasley often being called not a “rapper” but a “white rapper”

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

People seem to feel the divide is already there, That kind of being the point of the whole "ongoing demonstrations after the cop is arrested" thing?

"let’s not get it twisted. The social upheaval we are witnessing is not about one horrific incident in Minneapolis. This has been building up for years, decades, generations. We can either confront it for what it is and make it an inflection point in the arc of our nation’s history, or we can become complicit in the perpetuation of our disease because we refuse to admit we are ill. This time may be different. I pray that it is different."

You are personally responsible for giving people infractions for this kind of political nonsense that you are doing. If you are left and woke, this board is all for it. But if you have a counter argument, you will be suspended and banned... communism here we come, yikes 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I don't understand the "someone who loves to rap," angle.

While Elvis invented rap as everybody knows, the black community really drove the direction and advancement of rap until Vanilla Ice entered the scene and made the genre completely uncool for a number of years.  DMX and his provocative barking ultimately revived rap music as a legitimate art form in 1998 but it has been all down hill from there.  Cole Beasley is also a rapper and confessed person who loves to rap.

The more you know.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

While Elvis invented rap as everybody knows, the black community really drove the direction and advancement of rap until Vanilla Ice entered the scene and made the genre completely uncool for a number of years.  DMX and his provocative barking ultimately revived rap music as a legitimate art form in 1998 but it has been all down hill from there.  Cole Beasley is also a rapper and confessed person who loves to rap.

The more you know.  

The Beasty Boys were key to getting Def Records off the ground, strictly because they were white... they need credit for the whole genre... without them, who knows what would have happened. 

8 minutes ago, HappyBillsFan said:

The Beasty Boys were key to getting Def Records off the ground, strictly because they were white... they need credit for the whole genre... without them, who knows what would have happened. 

Beastie and def jam. Run DMC was also a huge reason why as well.