New interview - Wyoming Head coach re Josh

Focused on competitiveness and willingness to take on responsibility for mistakes  among other topics. It is about 10 minutes long.

Liked the quote while worried about his aggressiveness .. "sometimes he wears an S on his chest but easier to say whoa than giddy-up'.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

That’s a great point about ”whoa” vs. “giddy up.” And he’s absolutely right about that when it comes to Allen. I’ve said it before, but Allen competes his balls off on every play. Every. Play. That level of competitive desire can’t be taught. And it’s highly infectious, especially from a QB. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

That’s a great point about ”whoa” vs. “giddy up.” And he’s absolutely right about that when it comes to Allen. I’ve said it before, but Allen competes his balls off on every play. Every. Play. That level of competitive desire can’t be taught. And it’s highly infectious, especially from a QB. 

Yes VERY infectious from a QB, a position that has been hand picked to be utterly protected and handled like a fragile piece of fine china at every step of the way.  Our man Josh dont give 2 craps about that and puts it all on the line no matter what where other QB's tend to play with a lack of balls and embrace the protections.

In a game with violence and impact...to see your QB be willing to lay his body in harms way too for the good of the team, to spring a block, to fight for a first down, to just be a beast out there will fire up an entire locker room.  When all is said and done with Josh's career, I think its going to not only be a success, but he will be seen as one of the best, if not the best, leader at his position during his era.  He has traits that just can not be taught in this regard.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He is the anti Orton.  Yes Orton had 300 yard games and 3800 yard season but I would take Allen every time.

Anti-Orton or more like the anti-Tyrod.  The only thing he had in common with Tyrod was his running ability, Tyrod was pretty spceial running for first downs.

28 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yes sir. This goes back to what I was talking about during his rookie year. You could see the team as a whole, Off./Def./ST, had a completely different vibe when he was on the field playing QB. After that Minnesota game where he leaped over Barr like a traffic cone the rest of the guys were all in on Josh Allen.   

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

No Tyrod would not slide ahead of a first down marker.  Tyrod was conservative and like Josh first year was throwing long but his coach changed him into that not taking chances and let defense stop other team which is what the Bills did with Josh but for Josh it only lasted about four games.

Tyrod got injured vs the Titans making a long 3rd down conversion.  I think he finished the game but it cost him time.  He was very aware that it would make a difference and took a chance.

EJ had to play against the Bengals and Jags in the next two.

17 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Anti-Orton or more like the anti-Tyrod.  The only thing he had in common with Tyrod was his running ability, Tyrod was pretty spceial running for first downs.

Well, Tyrod could run for sure, but Allen is the only one who can knock a DB out of the game by taking him head on.  Saw that year 1, and don't want to see it again.  But, when Josh gets loose in the open field, he is more like a TE than a running back, and just as hard to bring down.

34 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Honestly if anything I'd say Josh is anti Trent Edwards.

Tyrod was conservative, but he also kept a lot of plays alive playing frogger in the backfield with defensive lineman. He also wants to start and prove he is capable, something our board has given him grief over.

Orton's infamous slide is sickening, however the dude definitely had some fire in him that you could see in other games.

In terms of fire and drive Trent would be the opposite of Allen.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yes VERY infectious from a QB, a position that has been hand picked to be utterly protected and handled like a fragile piece of fine china at every step of the way.  Our man Josh dont give 2 craps about that and puts it all on the line no matter what where other QB's tend to play with a lack of balls and embrace the protections.

In a game with violence and impact...to see your QB be willing to lay his body in harms way too for the good of the team, to spring a block, to fight for a first down, to just be a beast out there will fire up an entire locker room.  When all is said and done with Josh's career, I think its going to not only be a success, but he will be seen as one of the best, if not the best, leader at his position during his era.  He has traits that just can not be taught in this regard.

Can’t agree more with everything here. Well put.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Is OP the guy doing the interview?

Nope .. don't know the person or the website .. just saw it pop up on youtube and found it interesting enough to share. I am sadly much older than the interviewer though apparently younger than the Wyoming coach.

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

He is the anti Orton.  Yes Orton had 300 yard games and 3800 yard season but I would take Allen every time.

Allen would have been looking to truck somebody.

Edited by K-9

5 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Tyrod got injured vs the Titans making a long 3rd down conversion.  I think he finished the game but it cost him time.  He was very aware that it would make a difference and took a chance.

EJ had to play against the Bengals and Jags in the next two.

This is exactly the play I was thinking about as well. I loved Tyrod, the dude wanted to win. Just because he was "conservative" with his throwing or whatever the reason for his inabilities were, wasnt due to keep from being injured.

11 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Focused on competitiveness and willingness to take on responsibility for mistakes  among other topics. It is about 10 minutes long.

Liked the quote while worried about his aggressiveness .. "sometimes he wears an S on his chest but easier to say whoa than giddy-up'.

ROTFLMAO about the Josh story at the end 

"Throw the Ball to the Fullback in the Flat"

"No, Coach, Brett Favre says Touchdowns First!"

"I don't care about what Brett Favre says, throw the ball to the Fullback in the Flat!"

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

ROTFLMAO about the Josh story at the end 

"Throw the Ball to the Fullback in the Flat"

"No, Coach, Brett Favre says Touchdowns First!"

"I don't care about what Brett Favre says, throw the ball to the Fullback in the Flat!"

That’s our Boy! -for better or worse..

That video was AWESOME! btw.. Thanks for posting @CorkScrewHill

• Like (+1) 1