Dawson Knox on CBS Sports Radio, 2:40PM EST

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Buying a Current Bills player jersey seems like an awful investment.  Best of luck to you. 

Lucky for me I still have my C. Bennett Jersey, it’s timeless. It was a no brainer considering we have the same last name and he was a great player. We also share the same nickname as well. All my recent Bills jerseys have been defensive players after Kelly retired. I will go Knox or Diggs or maybe both.

3 hours ago, Ben said:

This guy really seems to get a lot of criticism here, sure there were a few drops but he made some great plays too. Especially when you consider how raw he was coming in.

I love the guy and have VERY high hopes for him.........but his drop percentage was pretty remarkable. (I forget the exact percentage, so I won’t guess, but OUCH!) I suspect it was more concentration than poor hands. He’s a little like Josh in that sometimes he tries to do a little too much, but when it’s good, it’s AWESOME! 

EDIT: Thanks to those who remembered or checked, and 20% is WAY to high. As noted, many of those were bunnies, and I think he’ll improve on that significantly this year. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

I love the guy and have VERY high hopes for him.........but his drop percentage was pretty remarkable. (I forget the exact percentage, so I won’t guess, but OUCH!) I suspect it was more concentration than poor hands. He’s a little like Josh in that sometimes he tries to do a little too much, but when it’s good, it’s AWESOME! 

20% 

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He gets a lot of praise for some of the high degree of difficulty catches he's made and for how physical he is willing to be, but he dropped 1 out of 5 balls targeting him last year, and they tended to be the "bunnies" (the easy gimme throws, not the ones where had a defender's hands in his face). 

I love the man, myself, but 10 drops on 50 targets is more than "a few".  A TE with reliable hands would help Josh out a out a ton.    He needs to up his blocking game, too.

He was a rookie, and he didn't get a ton of playing time at 'Ol Miss, so there's every reason to be positive and hope he takes a step.

Actually, I thought the reports were that he played a lot at Ole Miss but they didn't throw much to him. 

I agree about the drops.   It's odd to be excited about a guy who dropped the ball as often as he did.  Either he's going to continue dropping the ball like that, in which case his career will be short, or he's going to become a consistent receiver, in which case he'll be a serious weapon at tight end.   He won't be in between - with his physique he has to be a pass-catching tight end.   

I except dramatic improvement from him this year.   I think he's going to hurt opponents regularly.    I chalk his drops up to rookie inexperience.   He looked to me like he never settled down, like he played all season with the rookie jitters.   Missing OTAs and other precamp training will hurt, however.    He needed time to settle into the job, and the spring workouts would have helped. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Actually, I thought the reports were that he played a lot at Ole Miss but they didn't throw much to him. 

I agree about the drops.   It's odd to be excited about a guy who dropped the ball as often as he did.  Either he's going to continue dropping the ball like that, in which case his career will be short, or he's going to become a consistent receiver, in which case he'll be a serious weapon at tight end.   He won't be in between - with his physique he has to be a pass-catching tight end.   

I except dramatic improvement from him this year.   I think he's going to hurt opponents regularly.    I chalk his drops up to rookie inexperience.   He looked to me like he never settled down, like he played all season with the rookie jitters.   Missing OTAs and other precamp training will hurt, however.    He needed time to settle into the job, and the spring workouts would have helped. 

Didn’t they have two WR’s who looked like NFL material and a so-so QB who just threw to them? That’s how I recall it, but don’t remember who the WR’s were. I wonder what THEY have done in the league so far? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Won’t be able to catch it unfortunately 

that’s just mean. :(

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He gets a lot of praise for some of the high degree of difficulty catches he's made and for how physical he is willing to be, but he dropped 1 out of 5 balls targeting him last year, and they tended to be the "bunnies" (the easy gimme throws, not the ones where had a defender's hands in his face). 

I love the man, myself, but 10 drops on 50 targets is more than "a few".  A TE with reliable hands would help Josh out a out a ton.    He needs to up his blocking game, too.

He was a rookie, and he didn't get a ton of playing time at 'Ol Miss, so there's every reason to be positive and hope he takes a step.

I believe Knox also started wearing gloves at some point last season. I wonder of the drops went down after that?  

The ability to make contested catches is there, and I believe he will concentrate more on the easy ones.  

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Lucky for me I still have my C. Bennett Jersey, it’s timeless. It was a no brainer considering we have the same last name and he was a great player. We also share the same nickname as well. All my recent Bills jerseys have been defensive players after Kelly retired. I will go Knox or Diggs or maybe both.

I cant find a proline Diggs jersey anywhere in anything by XL and above.   Anyone know where to find a proline medium????

4 hours ago, Ben said:

This guy really seems to get a lot of criticism here, sure there were a few drops but he made some great plays too. Especially when you consider how raw he was coming in.

He made a lot of great plays. The fan base as a whole really likes him.  He dropped more than a few passes.  He dropped 10.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Didn’t they have two WR’s who looked like NFL material and a so-so QB who just threw to them? That’s how I recall it, but don’t remember who the WR’s were. I wonder what THEY have done in the league so far? 

3 were invited to the combine.  Dj Metcalf, aj brown and Demarcus Lodge.  I don’t think Lodge wa drafted but most mocks had him getting drafted rd 4-7 from what I remember.  I believe he was the top wr in the state of Texas as a HS senior.   Was on the Bengals ps last year iirc

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Yeah, I just looked.   He led the team in receptions among all the tight ends on the roster.    He was the primary tight end target.   

And, yes, they had DK Metcalf and someone else at wideout.   

They just didn't throw to the tight ends much. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Yeah, I just looked.   He led the team in receptions among all the tight ends on the roster.    He was the primary tight end target.   

So.....he was the tallest little person? Didn’t he have like 16 catches with no TD’s? Rarely gets you drafted as a TE, unless you are more of an inline blocker, which is is not really his forte. Hats off to the scouts and FO, because I love his upside! 

26 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I think the other WR was AJ Brown (Titans now). That would easily make the ex-QB 3rd choice on most passing plays.

8 hours ago, eball said:

This should be interesting...I don't recall ever hearing an interview with Knox.

It's as rare as breaking into Fort Kn.....uhhh.......nevermind. :bag:

6 hours ago, Beast said:

Neither will Dawson...unfortunately.

2 for 1's are rare. Congrats. :beer:

6 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Yeah this was not really a catch.  He paid the defenders to take fall too.

This never gets old. :thumbsup:

Direct link to the interview:

http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/game:NCAA/1749148227879/0/the-jim-rome-show-dawson-knox-talks-bills-football

-lived in Hamburg last year, just moved downtown

-said he likes playing in the cold, doesn't sweat as much and doesn't cramp up at Halftime

-praying that NFL allows fans because of the energy Bills Mafia brings, "like nothing he's ever seen"

-said the playoff loss left a bitter taste in everyone's mouth but "you don't learn as much from a win as from a loss"

Knox didn’t catch hardly at all in college as has been reported so it makes sense with the speed of the NFL, he would go through a learning curve.  Hapless is right he has an upside to him and probably with an off season will be better prepared this year.  The real question is there is no way the coaches didn’t know he was still learning how to catch in the NFL, so why was he targeted 50 times when he was still learning?

I’m not one of the Daboll bashes as he made mistakes, but overall did a decent job.  He as the same coordinator for Allen going into a third year logically should be good for our QB.  It just seemed like he rolled the dice on that many targets, vs. using him sparingly.  It is possible to speculate he was forced to do so as Sweeney was learning too, Smith is a blocker and couldn’t catch a cold, and here it is, Kroft was a mistake.  He was hurt and was also a waste of $.  I know he renegotiated his contract, but you have to play.  Knox was caught a little over his head his rookie year, but again I believe he will improve this year.  I’ll applaud Beane when he lets go Kroft after this year as I believe we can cut him without penalty after 2020.  Besides next year’s draft is supposed to be rich in TE prospects.

On 6/10/2020 at 1:55 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Buying a Current Bills player jersey seems like an awful investment.  Best of luck to you. 

I would agree it is risky, it is much more likely to be outdated than a throwback. However if you are going to buy one go with a guy like Tre White who has proven himself over 3 seasons and is still young. 

On 6/10/2020 at 1:08 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think he will talk about global warming and the acidification of the oceans. 

One could only hope... 

On 6/10/2020 at 7:10 PM, NewEra said:

He made a lot of great plays. The fan base as a whole really likes him.  He dropped more than a few passes.  He dropped 10.  

Ten..., ha ha ha... 

the count,