WaPo article on Bills by John Clayton

Rubes

On 6/10/2020 at 12:32 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I feel like if we can dodge major injuries that this season is on Allen

It's all been all on Allen, from the beginning.

This is also the last season it's going to be all on Allen.

All excuses end this year, if there is a "this year."

A guy that throws 2 picks in his last 11 games is not doing too much.

He's not playing hero ball anymore, he is extending plays and pushing his team to win like a good qb must do.

Half of the national media still thinks Josh turns the ball over all the time.  They simply havent watched him play very much. 

I love Clayton, and he always seems like he does his homework, but anyone that uses the term hero ball w Josh is living way in the past.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/13/2020 at 1:55 PM, Dragoon said:

I don’t care how the points go up, they just gotta go up. I have confidence that will happen. 

I think a more effective running game is a big start, limiting penalties would help too.  I don't think they need to necessarily rush more, just utilize the moss/singletary backfield better.  Gore had an alright start, but by the end of the season he was just not gaining yards.  2nd and 4-6 is so much better than 2nd and 8-11 - you have more of the playbook at your disposal. 

6 hours ago, dneveu said:

I think a more effective running game is a big start, limiting penalties would help too.  I don't think they need to necessarily rush more, just utilize the moss/singletary backfield better.  Gore had an alright start, but by the end of the season he was just not gaining yards.  2nd and 4-6 is so much better than 2nd and 8-11 - you have more of the playbook at your disposal. 

Right. Gore was ok till about week 5 and then it became hard to watch. 

16 hours ago, Dragoon said:

Right. Gore was ok till about week 5 and then it became hard to watch. 

He had some alright games - NE, Cincy, Tennessee, Miami.  But he also had - games with the following stat lines

11 carries 20 yards

11 carries 15 yards

5 carries 12 yards

11 carries 27 yards

9 carries 11 yards

4 carries 6 yards

10 carries 15 yards

8 carries 22 yards (playoffs...)

Thats 7 games where we gave the guy like 8-10 touches, and he legit did nothing with them.  I know rushing averages fluctuate a bit, and big plays will prop up an average.  That's really what dried up.  I know there are always going to be plays where you don't gain yards etc.  But i want the guy that can hit the hole with speed, or make a guy miss, and turn a well blocked run from 5 yards into 20 (or more).  Gore isn't that guy anymore.

On 6/13/2020 at 2:06 PM, Nextmanup said:

It's all been all on Allen, from the beginning.

This is also the last season it's going to be all on Allen.

All excuses end this year, if there is a "this year."

This is only true to an extent, 30 plus drops by the receivers group two years in a row, is not on the QB, nor is the fruitless game play put up by Gore for a large part of the season.   As well as the O line breakdowns throughout the season.  Does our QB need to make advances in his directorship of the offense?  The answer is unequivocally yes,  but if our receivers group drops another 30 plus passes for a third consecutive season ... I think you get my point. All aspects of what makes up the offense need to be better if we are to score an average of one TD per quarter, that’s the type of performance that it will take to win the division and more. Make no mistake about it, teams are gonna be coming for us this season, because they know they have to. Everyone has to be better than their performances of last season. That’s just how I see it. 

Go Bills!!!