WaPo article on Bills by John Clayton

Rubes

After steady rebuild and a big trade, Bills appear ready to go as far as Josh Allen takes them

For Allen, who has led a team that averaged 19.2 points per game in his 27 regular season starts, there will be pressure to produce more big plays and overall consistency, leaning less on Buffalo’s stout defense and his ability to come from behind in the fourth quarter (eight game-winning drives in two seasons). His GM doesn’t expect him to shy away from the opportunity.
“If you want to be critical, sometimes he’ll try to do too much,” Beane said. “I’ll take that all day long. It’s like [the basketball player] that wants the ball in his hands for that last shot.”

Nice article by Clayton...mostly standard stuff, focus on Beane and his quotes.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 2

He disciplined himself to do an article on Beane's career with the Bills and the moves he's made to try and make the team better.  He avoided prognosticating and spouting his own opinions.  Sometimes journalists need to do that.  In this day and age, many have forgotten how.  Good job, John.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Adding Diggs will help Josh a lot, it gives Josh 3 legitimate high quality professional passing outlets while using Knox, Singletary and other receivers as complementary options. But Josh has to have a lot of growth in his game if the Bills want to go from a good playoff team in the 10-11 win range to a 12+ win team that is seriously contending. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Adding Diggs will help Josh a lot, it gives Josh 3 legitimate high quality professional passing outlets while using Knox, Singletary and other receivers as complementary options. But Josh has to have a lot of growth in his game if the Bills want to go from a good playoff team in the 10-11 win range to a 12+ win team that is seriously contending. 

The Running game of Moss and Singletary will help

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Maybe I am an idiot, but I think Gabriel Davis is the one rookie that is ready to contribute from day one and give Allen yet another weapon as a 4th WR.

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Maybe I am an idiot, but I think Gabriel Davis is the one rookie that is ready to contribute from day one and give Allen yet another weapon as a 4th WR.

If that really happens and Josh takes a step up, this is a Super Bowl contender.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I'm not going to say that you're in idiot, but can you explain why you say this?

1 minute ago, first_and_ten said:

I'm not going to say that you're in idiot, but can you explain why you say this?

He is a good ball tracker along with having the height this WR corps needs.

In other words, he has very strong high point skills that can make him an immediate contributor. 

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

In other words, he has very strong high point skills that can make him an immediate contributor. 

He's 6-2.  Guess that makes him tall in this WR room.

Hard to know what to make of the AAC.  It's like a monopoly money league, where Navy and Cincy and SMU go to rack up double digit win seasons.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Thank you for that. I do think we have a couple other possibilities for day one contributing though.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's 6-2.  Guess that makes him tall in this WR room.

Hard to know what to make of the AAC.  It's like a monopoly money league, where Navy and Cincy and SMU go to rack up double digit win seasons.

Hahaha, yes 6'2" is tall in our room!!!

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king....

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man will keep his mouth shut if he knows what’s good for him