What game was it for Bills fans when you realized Ryan Fitzpatrick wasn’t good?

I don't judge on 1 game. My hope for him ran out during the season melted down after 5-2 start.  I watched how he repeatedly couldn't throw a pass  for 20 yards, compared him with playoffs QBs in other teams and realized he is not the guy

• Like (+1) 1

Never. I've always seen Fitz as an average NFL QB, albeit a very streaky one. I still do. Josh Allen is also an average QB, but he makes a lot of spectacular plays and spectacular blunders. I think his career may mirror Fitz's -- bouncing from team to team and always coming up short in the end.

Edited by GreggTX

The 3 games following his OVER EXAGGERATED 4 TD game against Baltimore (in which we  literally lost because of his terrible INT's in the 2nd half) where he had 1 TD in each game, and in fact would only score more than 1 TD in a game just one more time that season and against Cincy...the same Cincy game where had no TD"s and 3 or 4 INTS in the first half BEFORE half the Bengals starting secondary got hurt and Fitz came back with 4 TD's after that.  

Everyone talked about his TD total...ignoring the fact that he was terrible in every game but 2, and even in one of those 2 games we still lost on his mistakes and in the other one, we only came back after all the guys intercepting him got hurt and left for good.  

Dude sucked right out the gate...was never a question in my mind what so ever and I have never been more pissed than the day I saw his extension.  Of course, as time went on, there were other things I would become even more pissed at than that extension, but up until then I think that was about as mad as I have ever been at something utterly stupid by our Front Office...which says a lot in a LONNNNNG list of VERY stupid things this organization did over the years prior to that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Game in  2012 against Titans.  Home game right before bye.   Could not get team in field goal range with time on clock and timeouts.  Could not even cross mid-field.

43 minutes ago, skibum said:

Fitz was never really bad. The team around him was hot garbage. 

This narrative gets harder and harder to justify as the years and teams go by. I mean, there comes a time when you realize ‘OK, maybe he IS..’ He’s been around since Christ was a rookie but few -if any(?) teams have ever called him back..

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

This narrative gets harder and harder to justify as the years and teams go by. I mean, there comes a time when you realize ‘OK, maybe he IS..’ He’s been around since Christ was a rookie but few -if any(?) teams have ever called him back..

This used to be my stance as well. We had some bad defenses when he was our QB. I felt that point forced him too often to try and cowboy it to keep the ball in the offense's hands.

While I still feel this way to a degree, I have to also admit that he is extremely hot and cold as a QB and much like Jameis' 30/30 performance, teams can't succeed that way. I see Tyrod in a similar light; can be damn good, but not consistent enough to be a starting QB.

I am glad he has found a way to stay in the league. He truly has fun playing this game and his teammates love him.

The loss to the Jets right after the big contract extension in 2011 will probably be a popular pick.  In hindsight, that was probably it, but at the time, I was at least hoping that was just one bad game.  For me, it took a few more games most likely due to my own denial.  I would say I probably didn’t really come to the conclusion until later the next season.  Probably after losing to the Rams late in 2012.  Again, I was in denial for a long time.

On 6/9/2020 at 10:37 PM, JetsFan20 said:

As a Jets fan it was his six INT masterpiece vs the Chiefs in 2016. The guy really is an incredibly limited QB. 

most of them 

there was one gem where he twice under threw a deep ball to the left that got picked off both times. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood