The Vote by mail debate

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

FREE CHOICE  - Don't tell me to wear a mask!!!!   Hypocrite.   If you give Covid to a child and they die ....  How is that different?  

Are you really in the medical profession or is that all a lie?

There's so much dumb here it's not worth responding to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

If you give Covid to a child and they die ....  How is that different?  

Hmm, snipping up baby and vacuuming it out of the uterus vs. passing an invisible disease with a 1% mortality rate without even knowing you have it.  Yeah no idea how those are different. 

You either need to drink more or less.  Haven't decided which yet.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Hmm, snipping up baby and vacuuming it out of the uterus vs. passing an invisible disease with a 1% mortality rate without even knowing you have it.  Yeah no idea how those are different. 

You either need to drink more or less.  Haven't decided which yet.

Actually the mortality rate for adolescents is less then 1 in a thousand for covid19, far less then the flu

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/1/2020 at 2:38 PM, SectionC3 said:

Anonymous op eds are obvious, eh? 

and, on your “just walk” idea, the cost is time! Maybe I could munch some jellybeans on the way to overcoming another obstacle to the exercise of a fundamental, constitutionally-protected right! It’s obvious you’re just scared of people voting and that you’re another trumper who wants to suppress the vote.  Sad! 

Sounds like the Chewbacca defense. Do you try using it in court?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bilzfancy said:

Actually the mortality rate for adolescents is less then 1 in a thousand for covid19, far less then the flu

Never mind that no one is intentionally trying to give an infant COVID, much less hoping they die from it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wacka said:

Sounds like the Chewbacca defense. Do you try using it in court?

He still hasn't been able to answer how going to the poll to vote isn't a poll tax but going to get voter ID is.

Okay, here's a question. Let's assume mail in voting does provide the opportunity to commit voter fraud and you're able to rig the election without obvious detection. What is more damaging: Rig in Biden's favor or Rig in Trump's favor and frame him for the fraud?

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Okay, here's a question. Let's assume mail in voting does provide the opportunity to commit voter fraud and you're able to rig the election without obvious detection. What is more damaging: Rig in Biden's favor or Rig in Trump's favor and frame him for the fraud?

I answered this above.  Both will be a disaster because it will be tied-up in the courts for months if not years.  Meanwhile we have no President starting January 21st.  That's not good, period.

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

I answered this above.  Both will be a disaster because it will be tied-up in the courts for months if not years.  Meanwhile we have no President starting January 21st.  That's not good, period.

I'm pretty sure that at a certain point House Delegates determine the winner (GOP has more, but some could defect). That's my understanding anyway. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'm pretty sure that at a certain point House Delegates determine the winner (GOP has more, but some could defect). That's my understanding anyway. 

I would still expect delays, challenges, etc. 

4 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Please.  BE PATRIOTIC and wear a mask.    

When did he champion that? 

Press conference within the last two weeks ;) 

Funny the things you miss when you stay in your information bubble.  

3 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

A delay is all they need. A delay of weeks or months would roil the country into chaos and allow the Speaker of the House to hold the title of Chief Executive until the courts decide. 

That's right. The speaker. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Hoax.  We will have a president on January 21 even if the election is not settled.  

2 hours ago, Doc said:

I would still expect delays, challenges, etc. 

This is a point on which you and I agree.  This election cycle is going to be a mess of epic proportions.  The public isn’t conditioned to waiting for election results, and the large volume of absentees will delay certification of the election results in a lot of places. 

• Like (+1) 1

That’s if nobody earns 270 electoral votes.  Right now I believe the delegations are 26-22 GOP, with two ties.  So House elections will be relevant this November for that additional reason.  Making for the potential of an even bigger mess, and incentivizing the refusal of some states (say Georgia, if it goes blue in a close race) to certify the result of the presidential election. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Why are those ballots rejected?  

3 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Hoax.  We will have a president on January 21 even if the election is not settled.  

This is a point on which you and I agree.  This election cycle is going to be a mess of epic proportions.  The public isn’t conditioned to waiting for election results, and the large volume of absentees will delay certification of the election results in a lot of places. 

Here’s an idea, and I’m just spitballing here, but why don’t we just do what we’ve been doing rather than try and rework the entire voting system in a few months. 

The only difference would be that you wear a mask. 

boom!!!  Problem solved. 

4 hours ago, Doc said:

He still hasn't been able to answer how going to the poll to vote isn't a poll tax but going to get voter ID is.

Because requiring the ID to vote is an impediment to voting.  Two trips instead of one.  Extra time.  In some instances, extra cost.  I hope you’re being facetious because the answer is . . . Obvious. 

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

That’s if nobody earns 270 electoral votes.  Right now I believe the delegations are 26-22 GOP, with two ties.  So House elections will be relevant this November for that additional reason.  Making for the potential of an even bigger mess, and incentivizing the refusal of some states (say Georgia, if it goes blue in a close race) to certify the result of the presidential election. 

Right. That's my understanding as well and what I was referring to. If the suspected fraud was isolated to a few states and their electoral votes could not be assigned I assumed that would trigger this provision.