The Vote by mail debate

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Oh hey guys, we've got yet another "conservative" that does nothing but spout DNC talking points.

How cool and edgy.

On a completely unrelated note, I'm a 6'8" Olympic power lifter and street fighting god who makes Usain Bolt look slow on the track.

Sorry but driving the debt from 19 billion to 25 billion in 3 years will not drive jobs and  was never a “conservative” taking point either. Every Trumper argument ends in making a joke because you have no agenda. The problem is Trumpers only think they are conservative because that is what Trump and Faux news tells them they are. True conservatives know Trump was never a conservative.  The red hats and flag hugs won’t bring your jobs back. Neither will running up huge deficits. Neither will these smoke and mirrors trade deals that Trump touts. 

Edited by Locomark

On 6/9/2020 at 9:28 PM, JetsFan20 said:

Republicans don’t want vote by mail bc it chips away at their ability to do exactly this: target and disenfranchise Black voters and people of color.

Don't forget the working class who can't take off a whole day to stand in line.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I came to my teams football site to read about football, which I will go back to.

I already know my intellectual and economic superiority to the Breitbart knuckledraggers who read Trump tweets like they are wisdom. I used to vote for the GOP when it actually stood for something, but I have enough common sense and moral character to understand that the reality TV host carnival barker in the white house is running this ship into an iceberg. His decisions will take decades to fix. 

In other words, you can't take the heat. You made wild inaccurate statements and of course were unable to back them up. You're a drive-by poster who can't shoot straight. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Sorry but driving the debt from 19 billion to 25 billion in 3 years will not drive jobs and  was never a “conservative” taking point either. Every Trumper argument ends in making a joke because you have no agenda. The problem is Trumpers only think they are conservative because that is what Trump and Faux news tells them they are. True conservatives know Trump was never a conservative.  The red hats and flag hugs won’t bring your jobs back. Neither will running up huge deficits. Neither will these smoke and mirrors trade deals that Trump touts. 

No, Trump is not much of a fiscal conservative but he holds many other conservative values such as a strong defense, border security, fair trade and strong adherence to the Constitution. Until China made a sneak attack on our country Trump's policies had our economy going very strong. He's the best bet to get us out of this China induced recession and bring back the best economic numbers for decades.

So, tell us here just why Trump's trade deals are smoke and mirrors. Be specific. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

No, Trump is not much of a fiscal conservative but he holds many other conservative values such as a strong defense, border security, fair trade and strong adherence to the Constitution. Until China made a sneak attack on our country Trump's policies had our economy going very strong. He's the best bet to get us out of this China induced recession and bring back the best economic numbers for decades.

So, tell us here just why Trump's trade deals are smoke and mirrors. Be specific. 

Please describe the current trade deal changes with China ...I’m all ears in what it actually does for us. I am involved with a company that does international trade and would like you learned take on it from your “sources.”

24 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Ummm.... Pretty much the way out of the “ China recession” (lol) is to wrestle CV to the ground.....which Trump gave up on long ago

19 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Please describe the current trade deal changes with China ...I’m all ears in what it actually does for us. I am involved with a company that does international trade and would like you learned take on it from your “sources.”

You're the one denigrating the trade deals and I asked you to explain why. So, your explanation is to ask me to describe them to you? That's not the way it works.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Locomark said:

39 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

In other words, you can't take the heat. You made wild inaccurate statements and of course were unable to back them up. You're a drive-by poster who can't shoot straight. 

Not correct. I made statements based on my knowledge of facts. I didn’t provide links but neither did you. Here is the link in the documentary which not only details the Georgia fraudulent election but also how easy it is to hack an election with current tech and no backup paper details. It

The HBO documentary is called Kill Chain

https://www.hbo.com/documentaries/kill-chain-the-cyber-war-on-americas-elections

Where are the Trumper ”facts” that’s voting is fraudulent for mail-in? (hint: there are none) 

I am a drive by poster in the Politics section. I can’t believe that people won’t allow mail in ballots in the time of COVID. To me it seems like the cases are going up again and this is a decision to suppress voting , if people are scared to go out.

I realize that we won’t ever agree on politics and that’s what voting is for. I use Twitter and other social media to discuss in depth politics because this isn’t the forum for politics.

I’ll go back to discussing who our starting CB2 should be since that is why I come to a Bills forum anyway..

6 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Not correct. I made statements based on my knowledge of facts. I didn’t provide links but neither did you. Here is the link in the documentary which not only details the Georgia fraudulent election but also how easy it is to hack an election with current tech and no backup paper details. It

The HBO documentary is called Kill Chain

https://www.hbo.com/documentaries/kill-chain-the-cyber-war-on-americas-elections

Where are the Trumper ”facts” that’s voting is fraudulent for mail-in? (hint: there are none) 

I am a drive by poster in the Politics section. I can’t believe that people won’t allow mail in ballots in the time of COVID. To me it seems like the cases are going up again and this is a decision to suppress voting , if people are scared to go out.

I realize that we won’t ever agree on politics and that’s what voting is for. I use Twitter and other social media to discuss in depth politics because this isn’t the forum for politics.

I’ll go back to discussing who our starting CB2 should be since that is why I come to a Bills forum anyway..

This forum is designed to talk politics. 

There are many instances of mail-in ballots being fraudulent. The dems have been trying to get mail-in ballots and ballot harvesting laws on the books for years. Simply put, why? There is a procedure for asking for an absentee ballot. Why is that not sufficient?

2 hours ago, Locomark said:

I agree that the debt is a bad thing- so you think Biden will make it better? Once again name one conservative item Biden is better on?

“You can’t balance a budget or deliver mail efficiently and my state can’t even count the number of people who have been sick with their “pandemic” but sure; go ahead and take my mail in ballot. While you’re at it; here’s a pipe cleaner and an old Olivia Newton John record, give me a colonoscopy and find my head while you’re in there.” - Larry the Loony Lefty

• Haha (+1) 3

The bottom line is that Dems are against voter ID (and as a result desperately want mail-in balloting) because they know it helps them mostly and that's why they push against it.  No one really buys the "voter ID is a poll tax!" thing because, as I said, you need an ID to do almost anything in this country and you can obtain free voter ID if you get off your ass.  I suspect more than a few also know that mail-in balloting will be a fisaco but they would rather there be no President come January 21st than Trump still be in office, as this thing will be tied up in court for months, if not years..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

The clueless one is you. There is a gigantic difference between Universal Mail-In Voting and absentee voting. Learn the difference, but don't feel bad in doing so. Not much was expected of you. 

A Vote by MAIL IS still by MAIL.   

You have to Register to Vote by MAIL.  They are not just going to accept any mail in vote w/o some sort of vetting. 

Jesus man.  There has been mail in voting for a long long time.  Voter Fraud is VERY low. 

You can vote early at your local registrar’s office beginning 45 days before Election Day and ending the Saturday before Election Day. Before visiting your local registrar’s office, you may wish to check your registration status or call your registrar’s office. You can find your registrar’s phone number here. To vote early in-person, take do the following:

• Starting 45 days before Election Day, visit your local registrar’s office or a satellite voting location in your county or city to vote early. Remember, the Saturday before Election Day is the last day to vote early.
  • You do not have to have a reason or fill out an application to vote early.

all forms of voting fraud are extremely rare in the United States.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/docs/pacei-voterfraudcases.pdf

1,071 Proven Instances.   That is very little.

Stop reading Right Winged QAnon websites 

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

The bottom line is that Dems are against voter ID (and as a result desperately want mail-in balloting) because they know it helps them mostly and that's why they push against it.  No one really buys the "voter ID is a poll tax!" thing because, as I said, you need an ID to do almost anything in this country and you can obtain free voter ID if you get off your ass.  I suspect more than a few also know that mail-in balloting will be a fisaco but they would rather there be no President come January 21st than Trump still be in office, as this thing will be tied up in court for months, if not years..

What? 

The bottom line? 

In an interview with a New York Times reporter on Friday, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul said, “Everybody’s gone completely crazy on this voter ID thing. I think it’s wrong for Republicans to go too crazy on this issue because it’s offending people.”

The statement seemed very much in line with Paul's past statements about how the Republican Party needs to expand its base and interests if it wants to win elections -- he has also been a vocal advocate of expanding voting rights for felons, and has been against mandatory minimums for drug possession that disproportionately affect minorities and low-income Americans.

the hypocrisy / double standard is astounding 

19 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Please.  BE PATRIOTIC and wear a mask.    

When did he champion that?  When his BASE aka Red states were too ignorant to heed the warnings of the World Pandemic.

It's Just a little Flu

It will be over by Easter

The Heat of Spring and summer will kill it.   UV rays and Chlorine etc

It will be over by 4th of July 

Jesus Just read your fellow R's have said here.   If others wear a mask,  why should I??  

8 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

What? 

The bottom line? 

In an interview with a New York Times reporter on Friday, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul said, “Everybody’s gone completely crazy on this voter ID thing. I think it’s wrong for Republicans to go too crazy on this issue because it’s offending people.”

The statement seemed very much in line with Paul's past statements about how the Republican Party needs to expand its base and interests if it wants to win elections -- he has also been a vocal advocate of expanding voting rights for felons, and has been against mandatory minimums for drug possession that disproportionately affect minorities and low-income Americans.

A woman being able to have an abortion is an offensive issue for many Repubs.  That doesn't stop the left from trying to ensure it stays legal.

14 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

LOL.   You have been Conned by a Con Man. 

Who is paying for the Wall?  Certainly not Mexico.

Where is the MUCH IMPROVED Trump Care?    its been nearly 4 years! 

Drain the Swamp?   He's made it a quagmire.  Hiring cronies time ant time again.  Asking for Loyalty to himself and NOT the Constitution

Agent Orange ***** all over the constitution.   And you happily eat what he dishes out. 

11 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

A Vote by MAIL IS still by MAIL.   

You have to Register to Vote by MAIL.  They are not just going to accept any mail in vote w/o some sort of vetting. 

Jesus man.  There has been mail in voting for a long long time.  Voter Fraud is VERY low. 

You can vote early at your local registrar’s office beginning 45 days before Election Day and ending the Saturday before Election Day. Before visiting your local registrar’s office, you may wish to check your registration status or call your registrar’s office. You can find your registrar’s phone number here. To vote early in-person, take do the following:

• Starting 45 days before Election Day, visit your local registrar’s office or a satellite voting location in your county or city to vote early. Remember, the Saturday before Election Day is the last day to vote early.
  • You do not have to have a reason or fill out an application to vote early.

all forms of voting fraud are extremely rare in the United States.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whitehouse.gov/files/docs/pacei-voterfraudcases.pdf

1,071 Proven Instances.   That is very little.

Stop reading Right Winged QAnon websites 

What? 

The bottom line? 

Listen, having the government mail ballots to everyone they can get an address for, dead or alive, is not conducive to clean elections. The dems have been pushing this along with ballot harvesting for some time now. It is not the same as absentee voting. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

A woman being able to have an abortion is an offensive issue for many Repubs.  That doesn't stop the left from trying to ensure it stays legal.

FREE CHOICE  - Don't tell me to wear a mask!!!!   Hypocrite.   If you give Covid to a child and they die ....  How is that different?  

Are you really in the medical profession or is that all a lie? 

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

Listen, having the government mail ballots to everyone they can get an address for, dead or alive, is not conducive to clean elections. The dems have been pushing this along with ballot harvesting for some time now. It is not the same as absentee voting. 

1,071 Proven Instances.  Is NOT wide spread fraud.