General Charles Q Brown confirmed as new Air Force Chief of Staff

started it last night...was unsure.  Got through episode one and said, ok, i'll give ep2 a shot, held my interest a bit, still very unsure how i felt.  Ep 3 when they had the dog and monkey....that sealed the deal for me.  I'd had enough.  Seems to contrived and trying to be edgy without really being edgy....

7 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Space Force is pretty disappointing. 

11 hours ago, Reality Check said:

Why is that?

It was one of those situations where the trailer was way better and funnier than the first episode. It felt forced, a great concept that didn't take the time to be the best version of itself before it went to production. It has 40% on Rotten Tomatoes right now. 

4 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I hated it at first, but it grew on me. It’s no Office, but I don’t think it was really supposed to be. 

I gave up after the first episode, but maybe I'll give it another go. The theory is that Greg Daniels work is character driven so his series start out slow and get stronger. 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

;) Because they went with on screen talent over behind the scene talent. 

Well, I also think the tone and comedy of ineptitude running through it works better with mundane settings like Dunder Miflin and the Park Dept... I imagine your project had a very different tone, somewhere between the Right Stuff and Star Trek?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

It was one of those situations where the trailer was way better and funnier than the first episode. It felt forced, a great concept that didn't take the time to be the best version of itself before it went to production. It has 40% on Rotten Tomatoes right now. 

I gave up after the first episode, but maybe I'll give it another go. The theory is that Greg Daniels work is character driven so his series start out slow and get stronger. 

Well, I also think the tone and comedy of ineptitude running through it works better with mundane settings like Dunder Miflin and the Park Dept... I imagine your project had a very different tone, somewhere between the Right Stuff and Star Trek?

I can understand that. If you can make it to episode three it starts to loosen up and then the rest of the season is relatively enjoyable. Episode two is unbearable, fair warning. 

6 hours ago, The Poojer said:

started it last night...was unsure.  Got through episode one and said, ok, i'll give ep2 a shot, held my interest a bit, still very unsure how i felt.  Ep 3 when they had the dog and monkey....that sealed the deal for me.  I'd had enough.  Seems to contrived and trying to be edgy without really being edgy....

See my above post. The wife and I quit after episode two or whatever one the dog and monkey are in. We tried again a few days later and episode 3 forward was pretty good. Much better than episode two, which is terrible. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1