Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2020-2021

Chandler#81

😂😂

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/hurricanes-tender-offer-sheet-canadiens-jesperi-kotkaniemi/

Jesperi Kotkaniemi accepted our offer. He wants to come to Carolina," said Hurricanes general manager Don Waddell in a statement. "He sees the core we've built here and he wants to be a part of that. We're proud, but there's still a waiting period. When you make an offer like that, we saw a vulnerable position. The offer, with the compensation and the core we have, we realized that it was the best chance we had to get the player."

almost word for word what Montreal said when they signed Aho to that offer sheet.

Montreal offer-sheeted Sebastian Aho a couple years ago and Bergevin said this:

“He's a player who wants to come to Montreal," Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin said. "It was an offer that he did not have to accept, so for him it's an offer that for the value he sees in himself, the group of young players coming up in our organization, he wants to be part of that.”

Carolina straight up trolling Montreal 🤣

Edited by BillsFan4

On 8/28/2021 at 6:33 PM, BillsFan4 said:

😂😂

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/hurricanes-tender-offer-sheet-canadiens-jesperi-kotkaniemi/

almost word for word what Montreal said when they signed Aho to that offer sheet.

Montreal offer-sheeted Sebastian Aho a couple years ago and Bergevin said this:

Carolina straight up trolling Montreal 🤣

I wonder what Aho thinks of it.  Carolina wasn't willing to negotiate with him but they will now both here and with Svechnikov.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Peters and Rivet walk away from WGR550 and “The Instigators” show.

https://theathletic.com/2837543/2021/09/20/hosts-of-sabres-talk-show-the-instigators-andrew-peters-and-craig-rivet-leave-the-show/ (Paywall)

The shakeup of the Sabres is continuing off the ice, too. Andrew Peters and Craig Rivet, hosts of the team’s daily talk show, “The Instigators,” have left the program.

“We will be going in a different direction, but we are very excited about our new adventure,” Rivet told The Athletic, adding that further information will be coming soon.

Peters and Rivet have hosted “The Instigators” since 2016. The retired Buffalo players brought a mix of on-ice experience, light-hearted banter and insider guests to the show, which is produced by Pegula Sports and Entertainment.

Sabres analysts Martin Biron and Brian Duff will take over as permanent hosts of “The Instigators,” which is not expected to be rebranded.

14 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

They’re officially above the cap floor now.

Not sure how I feel about this deal yet. Seems like more than Dahlin is currently worth, especially since this only buys RFA years.

Plus it walks him right to the cusp of UFA. He will be 1 year away (just like Reinhart) when this deal ends and it would be pretty easy for him to force his way out if he chooses to (just like Reinhart).

I don’t know how comfortable I would have been giving him even more on an 8yr deal though.

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

They’re officially above the cap floor now.

Not sure how I feel about this deal yet. Seems like more than Dahlin is currently worth, especially since this only buys RFA years.

Plus it walks him right to the cusp of UFA. He will be 1 year away (just like Reinhart) when this deal ends and it would be pretty easy for him to force his way out if he chooses to (just like Reinhart).

I don’t know how comfortable I would have been giving him even more on an 8yr deal though.

From the Dahlin point of view, I'd say this deal is just about perfect.  He was never going to take a long term deal based off of his early struggles.  He's going to go out there and prove himself so that the long term deal has much larger numbers attached to it.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Eh-varr-ee buddy ged uzed do more ov me delling da way id izz een Buvvalow aw-kay.

M. Biron

You'll all be begging for Tasker's derailed trains of thought. 😁

True story: I put Marty’s aunt and uncle on a Niagara Falls sightseeing tour a few years back. They were from Quebec, so I mentioned Marty and asked if they were related. They told me who they were and I said that he seems like a real nice guy, but he sure does go on and on.

His aunt rolled her eyes and said, “He gets that from my sister.” 😀

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, TBBills said:

Finally the Sabres have gone above something! 

Now if they can get out of rock bottom.

Next year's draft has three very good center prospects (Wright, Lambert and Savoie). It's a much stronger draft than this year. I don't think they're purposely tanking, per se, but if you look at the roster configuration and the strength (or lack thereof) of the goaltending, I think they are fine with finishing dead last and securing a 1C prospect to replace Eichel. It's going to be a development year for the youth. Hard to have patience after all these years of ineptitude, but it's a reasonable plan.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.