Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2020-2021

Chandler#81

bummer. Was really hoping he’d be back, but realistically knew he was probably gone. I don’t think any free agent with other options is going to choose Buffalo as they enter yet another full-on rebuild. Not unless they’re willing to overpay.

13 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Supposed Sabres ask from Vegas for Jack Eichel.

I don’t really get this from the Sabres POV if this is truly their ask.

Krebs I get. I love him. Great young C prospect. He’s one of my favorite rumored prospects in an Eichel trade. But the rest...?

Hague (LD, 22yrs old) is a nice piece but he’d be yet another left shot defenseman when we already have pretty good depth at LD (with Dahlin + Powers being the likely top 2 in the future).

And Reilly Smith is 30yrs old and 1 year away from UFA. 

Their 1st will also very likely be near the end of the round.

I would be underwhelmed if that was the return. And I don’t understand why Las Vegas wouldn’t make this deal immediately if that was Buffalo’s ask.

Im wondering if this is LV’s offer, not Buffalo’s ask.

I thought for sure they’d ask for Tuch since he’s from Syracuse and grew up a Sabres fan. He’d be “proud to wear the Jersey” like Kevyn Adams mentioned multiple times. But he’s also a LW, which isn’t exactly a big need right now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Im wondering if this is LV’s offer, not Buffalo’s ask.

I thought for sure they’d ask for Tuch since he’s from Syracuse and grew up a Sabres fan. He’d be “proud to wear the Jersey” like Kevyn Adams mentioned multiple times. But he’s also a LW, which isn’t exactly a big need right now.

I can't remember who, at this point, but one of the NHL rumor guys had mentioned Tuch earlier, as part of a possible deal for Jack.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

No idea if this is a good trade, but the sabres better make sure they completely clean out the other franchise in a deal. I rather them not trade him though. 

In an ideal world Eichel would be willing to stay but he has basically become James Harden.  There is a lot of water under the bridge and Eichel aspects of him wanting to play elsewhere are understandable IMO, but even the initial request is not 100% a good look for him by any means.  Yes he was thrust into the captain's role at too young an age, but my guess is that he wanted it.  Act like one then.  He never really has. 

And now he is faking a desire for an unrealistic surgery so he can get out of town.  If his demand for that surgery were actually real, his trade value would be even lower than it has become and might even have some teams not interested at all.  The market is already too low for a player of his ability, age and contract status.  My guess is that about 4 days after he is traded he either discloses rehab is going well or opts for a more traditional surgery.  I'm NOT saying he is faking the injury.....he is faking a desired remedy.  He's from Boston.  Deceit runs through his veins.

If I'm Adams I hold on for 101% of his current value and if I don't get it, I don't trade him.  I tell other teams that his injury status and long term prognosis factor into the value calculation, but that his whack-a-doodle quackery fake surgery demands do not.  If I don't get value, I don't trade him and I live with the inevitable consequences as the Boston in him will only escalate and he will probably cause trouble.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

🤢🤮

no idea what Buffalo plans at Goalie now. Pretty much everyone’s off the market already. Eh, who needs s goalie when you’re tanking, right? 😂

Letting Ullmark go was bad bad bad.  Boston getting him was worse.  And we’re still paying Skinner for another 97 years and Okposo for how many more?

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Letting Ullmark go was bad bad bad.  Boston getting him was worse.  And we’re still paying Skinner for another 97 years and Okposo for how many more?

Thankfully only 2 more years on Okposo. But he’ll probably get re-signed because you know, he’s “proud to wear the Jersey”... (kidding)

To be fair they did try to re-sign Ullmark. I’m guessing Buffalo’s offer was higher too since they are set to be significantly under the salary cap floor this season, even with Eichel under contract. They have to spend quite a bit just to hit the bare minimum they have to spend.

at this rate they may have to keep Eichel just to make sure they can hit the cap floor 😂

Butcher + 5th for future considerations.

NJ clearing some cap space.

6 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Thankfully only 2 more years on Okposo. But he’ll probably get re-signed because you know, he’s “proud to wear the Jersey”... (kidding)

To be fair they did try to re-sign Ullmark. I’m guessing Buffalo’s offer was higher too since they are set to be significantly under the salary cap floor this season, even with Eichel under contract. They have to spend quite a bit just to hit the bare minimum they have to spend.

at this rate they may have to keep Eichel just to make sure they can hit the cap floor 😂

Butcher + 5th for future considerations.

NJ clearing some cap space.

I like Okposo and he ran into some bad luck but his contract’s term was far too long.  Skinner is such a joke.

Anderson is 40 and was rumored to be retiring.

Guess it was because he wasn’t getting any offers. Kind of shocked he’s signed up for an obvious tank season with Buffalo.

Hope he’s still got something left in the tank.

Edited by BillsFan4

this is aggravating if true. I don’t know what the Sabres plan is here, besides save money.

Signings so far this offseason:

Hayden - $750k

Prow - $750k

Dell - $750k

Anderson - $750k

Schuldt - $750k

Malone - $750k

Davidson - $750k

Our 2 most expensive signings of the offseason so far:

Pysyk - $900k

Hinostroza - $1.05M

They should reach the cap floor with the RFA deals, depending on what they do there.

25 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

this is aggravating if true. I don’t know what the Sabres plan is here, besides save money.

Signings so far this offseason:

Hayden - $750k

Prow - $750k

Dell - $750k

Anderson - $750k

Schuldt - $750k

Malone - $750k

Davidson - $750k

Our 2 most expensive signings of the offseason so far:

Pysyk - $900k

Hinostroza - $1.05M

They should reach the cap floor with the RFA deals, depending on what they do there.

Skinner - $4 Billion

They had all the talent to win but couldn't, they have the money, the facilities but yet they have a losing culture. I thought with Eichel , Rinhardt, Oreiley , Okposo and everyone else we would start winning but it didn't happen and there are lots of explanations going around but i really think Tanking put the losing culture in the locker room and it hasnt left. Its pretty sad that the team that was losing on purpose and had less talent than last years team was a better team.

However with Adams and Granato  i think we finally have the right guys in there to turn this around, even though they have little experience. Granato understands how that you cant run a team like a dictatorship like 20 years ago and what hes looking for in players that will help them develop faster. With Adams he is showing he is no push over and has candidly stated he isnt trading Eichel for peanuts and he will get the better deal in the long run. He also got good deals for Rinehart and Risto, which i believe bodes well for the Sabres future.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.