Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2020-2021

Chandler#81

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

This isn’t going to end well for the Sabres if they’ve convinced themselves that they need to move on from Eichel now, at his lowest value ever, and set some stupid internal deadline to do it.

I know all the extenuating circumstances but I still wish they would just keep Eichel until they get proper value in return. 

You will never get proper value...

very nice first coaching hire for Chris Drury.

Not surprised. Why would any coach with other options come here right now?

I am actually surprised that Bruce Boudreau wants to coach here. I just wish Buffalo had interest in hiring him. 

I wonder if Capuano told them to deny the interview? Either way, Ottawa doing us a favor here 😂

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

very nice first coaching hire for Chris Drury.

Not surprised. Why would any coach with other options come here right now?

I am actually surprised that Bruce Boudreau wants to coach here. I just wish Buffalo had interest in hiring him. 

I wonder if Capuano told them to deny the interview? Either way, Ottawa doing us a favor here 😂

Isles fan here. The Sabres would be wise to say no to Capuano. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

The Part on Eichel:

Nobody said the Stanley Cup playoffs had to be over before Jack Eichel potentially gets moved.

And while I’m not saying the star center will get traded before the end of the playoffs, what I’m hearing is that conversations between the Buffalo Sabres and other interested teams are getting more intense and serious.

So read into that what you will. The next few weeks could be intriguing on that front.

And I would imagine Sabres GM Kevyn Adams would be counting on a first-round pick to be used the night of July 23 in this year’s draft in any package so the clock indeed is ticking.

Eichel, 24, has five years and $50 million left on his contract but there’s no question there are teams — at a certain price — who believe a change of scenery will reset his career.

Teams I believe make sense: Los Angeles, Minnesota, Anaheim, Columbus, Philadelphia and the Rangers, among others.

The Kings want to make a splashy move for a top-6 forward, the Wild could use another top center, and the Jackets (who have three first-round picks this year) of course really, really need a No. 1 center.

I didn't think the Sabres could ruin hope any worse but all the best players want out, Claude Gallant is now coach of the Rangers (would have been perfect here) and of course the draft has no elite stars. So great idea to get more 1st round draft picks for Sam, Jack and Risto Kevon.:censored:

I just hope they get a proper return. For both. But I’m nervous this is going to suck for us Buffalo fans...

I don’t really like this year’s draft class either. 2022 and 2023 both look much better, especially at the top. This isn’t the year I’d be stockpiling picks. 

Maybe I’d feel better about Buffalo collecting picks in what looks like a weak draft class if they had a better track record in the draft. But they’ve been pretty poor at drafting + developing (and that’s when they had a full scouting dept.) and I’m seeing teams I consider to be better than Buffalo at drafting who don’t seem sold on this draft.

yeah the Sabres had their scout watch lots of YouTube highlight clips.

😂😢

Edited by BillsFan4

Obviously not the same thing, but I see the Eichel move akin to the Bills moving on from Watkins.  Eichel is loved by fans, but what have the Sabres been able to do with him?  What have they won with him in town?  If they need to move the guy to try and restart with a better culture than I am all for it.   Need more players with Cozens' attitude.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I just hope they get a proper return. For both. But I’m nervous this is going to suck for us Buffalo fans...

I don’t really like this year’s draft class either. 2022 and 2023 both look much better, especially at the top. This isn’t the year I’d be stockpiling picks. 

Maybe I’d feel better about Buffalo collecting picks in what looks like a weak draft class if they had a better track record in the draft. But they’ve been pretty poor at drafting + developing (and that’s when they had a full scouting dept.) and I’m seeing teams I consider to be better than Buffalo at drafting who don’t seem sold on this draft.

yeah the Sabres had their scout watch lots of YouTube highlight clips.

😂😢

I didn’t get to hear the segment. Were there any reasons offered as to why they feel they know this class better or have a scouting edge over other teams? 

To me this is proactively communicating that the Eichel return is going to be draft capital heavy, which I doubt many will be thrilled with.

Edited by Rockpile233

3 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

I didn’t get to hear the segment. Were there any reasons offered as to why they feel they know this class better or have a scouting edge over other teams? 

To me this is proactively communicating that the Eichel return is going to be draft capital heavy, which I doubt many will be thrilled with.

It starts right around 6:50. But the tweet pretty much summed it up. 

edit: found this -

Edited by BillsFan4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.