Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2020-2021

Chandler#81

I would not be upset if Granato gets a shot at head coach next year.  Let me make my case for Donny as HC:

1. His years in USA Hockey Development and Wisconsin and the current play of our young guys suggests he can actually develop young talent.  As it looks like we are facing another rebuild so this is valuable experience.

2. He has no affiliation with the International Monetary Fund, the UN, or the World Economic Forum

3. He comes from a big hockey family. He played, he has coached at all levels, his brother and sister were accomplished players, his brother in law was kind of a douche but he played in the NHL.  In summary, hes a mudder.  His father was a mudder, his mother was a mudder.  Its in his veins.

4. He has never coached, managed, or been in the front office of a soccer club.

5. Sabres hockey is currently more enjoyable than watching any team Bylsma, Housely, or Krueger put on the ice.

6. He is American and not German-Swiss-Canadian in that order.

7. I do not trust that Kevyn Adams and the Pegulas will make a better choice. This was a decision by default and its the best coaching decision they have made since buying the Sabres.

8. He turned Jeff Skinner's game around 360 degrees.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Always sucks to lose to the hated Bruins, but I couldn’t ask for a better test and evaluation tool for our team, especially the young guys. The Bs are a matchup nightmare for most teams, let alone a poor team like ours, but that said, the big difference in the past two games is goaltending, our anemic power play, and the poorer play of the vets (I’m looking at you Sam). Our younger players continue to get quality chances and I’m glad that they are being used in all situations so we can see what we have. They’ve also been far more effective against the Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak line. 

UPL in his debut tonight and its a good bet that it will be another Boston route. But I don’t care. I need to see continued positive development by the young players and continued effort, regardless. 

2 hours ago, K-9 said:

Always sucks to lose to the hated Bruins, but I couldn’t ask for a better test and evaluation tool for our team, especially the young guys. The Bs are a matchup nightmare for most teams, let alone a poor team like ours, but that said, the big difference in the past two games is goaltending, our anemic power play, and the poorer play of the vets (I’m looking at you Sam). Our younger players continue to get quality chances and I’m glad that they are being used in all situations so we can see what we have. They’ve also been far more effective against the Bergeron, Marchand, Pastrnak line. 

UPL in his debut tonight and its a good bet that it will be another Boston route. But I don’t care. I need to see continued positive development by the young players and continued effort, regardless. 

I'm just glad to see Bjork produce as thus far he seems to be better than just a toss in to help Boston with the cap. 

• Like (+1) 1

Another good lesson for this young group, who really made plays all night and were rewarded, unlike the previous two vs. Boston. And UPL goes from having a .000 save % to being an undefeated NHL goalie. Nice. 

And F Taylor Hall.

With the exception of Dahlin, Joki, and Borgen,  I would expose all veteran defensemen in the upcoming expansion. Not one of them is worth keeping long term. I'd also ask Skinner to be a team player and temporarily waive his no movement clause so we could protect a more promising young player. 

Well, in a total waste of a crappy year with little to celebrate, seeing Houser get the win in his first NHL game at the ripe age of 28 against a good team like the Isles was fantastic. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

We can cross of some kind of personal vendetta by Ralph Krueger.  What are the chances Seattle will take this bum?

Zero chance the Kraken take Skinner. Zero. As in the amount of hockey sense Skinner possesses. 

• Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Zero chance the Kraken take Skinner. Zero. As in the amount of hockey sense Skinner possesses. 

One can hope.  Maybe Sabres Twitter can start a campaign and let Seattle know that Jeff is a former 40 goal scorer.

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

One can hope.  Maybe Sabres Twitter can start a campaign and let Seattle know that Jeff is a former 40 goal scorer.

The least he could do is temporarily waive his NMC in favor of is us being able to protect another player, but we will see. Regardless, we are stuck with that albatross of a contract. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.