Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2020-2021

Chandler#81

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Maybe because Eichel has played 6-8 games less than the rest of the league. 

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/seasons/2020-21-nhl-players-stats.html

a bunch of the guys on the top 50 list have played the same amount of games as Eichel. Some have played 3-5 more games. Some have even played less games than Eichel. 

Also, if you look at ‘points per game played’ and ‘points per 60 minutes’, he’s still not in the top 50.

He has not been very good this season. Though he did play one of his better games last night.

Edited by BillsFan4

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/seasons/2020-21-nhl-players-stats.html

a bunch of the guys on the top 50 list have played the same amount of games as Eichel. Some have played 3-5 more games. Some have even played less games than Eichel. 

Also, if you look at ‘points per game played’ and ‘points per 60 minutes’, he’s still not in the top 50.

He has not been very good this season. Though he did play one of his better games last night.

Eichel is in the top 10 right now for 'posts per 60 minutes'.  The amount of pipe the Sabres are hitting is comical at this point.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

Canadiens are 9-5-4.

I thought he actually had them playing pretty good hockey this season. I wonder if it was the 3 losses in a row - 2 of them to Ottawa (the worst team in the north division by a fair margin)?

Can you imagine the Sabres being in a similar position and firing the HC?  Difference between franchises.

PS:  Julien should be on the Sabres payroll before bedtime tonight.

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Eichel is in the top 10 right now for 'posts per 60 minutes'.  The amount of pipe the Sabres are hitting is comical at this point.  

Yeah the Sabres underlying statistics/analytics are actually pretty good. They’ve been very unlucky though, especially Eichel, skinner and Hall.

5 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Can you imagine the Sabres being in a similar position and firing the HC?  Difference between franchises.

He and Ralph do have a relationship, but I’m not sure the Sabres would actually try to add him to the staff. I’d be all for it.

18 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

And bring Captain Kirk along with him.

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

Is it the HC fault for Skinner? 

Why is Skinner not even playing let alone not in the top 6?

Obviously things are not working so why not try what worked in the past since what Kruger is doing isn't working.

I don't know anymore.  I sure would like to see Skinner play with one of the top lines though.  

I am not on the "fire Kruger" bandwagon (yet), but I just can't stand listening to his interviews anymore.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, TBBills said:

How does this guy become unplayable?!? He has had up and down years but never been just been unplayable.

The whole lineup is confusing.  Tage is either a first liner or a healthy scratch.  Skinner can't crack the lineup on a team that cannot score. Who knows whats going on with Skinner and Ralph?

• Agree 1

Few thoughts about last night's game.

- Ullmark has been playing great hockey.  That series of saves in the first period where he ultimately hurt himself was just insane.  Get well soon, Linus.

- Hall can't buy a goal.  Pegula's could give him a blank check and he still couldn't buy a goal. Breakaway and 2 point blank chances in the first period with nothing to show for it.  Need to bury these if we are going to win games this year.

- Sheahan has as many goals as Eichel now after one game on top line.  Maybe when Eichel comes back he can play on 4th line with Skinner?

- Mittelstadt looks like an NHL player AGAIN!! Sick feed to Okposo who blew it and Casey finally buries one himself.  Goodbye Rochester.

- This game has actually been entertaining! If you're going to suck at least be entertaining and generate chances, score a few goals.  This was 3 consecutive solid outings by my count.

- This team plays far less confidently in front of Hutton.  From the start of the second period the difference in demeanor was noticeable.  

- Hutton could not have been farther out of position on the 2nd goal allowed if he tried.

- Classic Hutton, losing his composure after giving up a goal.

- Hutton sucks

- Hutton sucks

- Hutton sucks!

Well, stick a fork in this season...

Ullmark is out for at least a month. I don’t see any way they can overcome that loss.

Hutton as their starter for an entire month... 😬yikes!

JJ and Tokarski are no better. JJ’s hardly an AHL caliber goalie.

Really happy to see Risto back though! Hopefully he doesn’t suffer any PASC related setbacks. 

Edited by BillsFan4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.