Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2020-2021

Chandler#81

i still dont understand reinharts roll on the ice. how has he stayed on this team for the past couple seasons doesnt make sense. his ceiling is the second line, but he can never play up to that standard, and he doesnt fit on the third line. hes ok on the powerplay, but hes below average in general. he reflects what this team has been the past several years.

They played a good game but just couldn’t get it done. I thought they played better than the caps for large stretches.

Ullmark didn’t play bad or anything but Goaltending was the difference tonight. Their goalie was better than ours. I hope that isn’t a common theme again this year.

Aggravating to start the season with 2 straight losses. They have to get a win next game. The season is too short to lose bunches of games in a row. No time to make it up. 
It is January though. Maybe I should’ve expected the losses? 😂

Edited by BillsFan4

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

They played a good game but just couldn’t get it done. I thought they played better than the caps for large stretches.

Ullmark didn’t play bad or anything but Goaltending was the difference tonight. Their goalie was better than ours. I hope that isn’t a common theme again this year.

We have ***** goaltenders period... this is going to be a long season, until I lose interest once again. Go Bills!

I thought they played a good game. It's going to take a bit to get into game shape. They had no preseason its like that for every team. Adding a bunch of new players it will take some time to get adjusted. 

It's unfortunate so many of you are so quick to dump on them. 

Edited by Jrb1979

I just can’t get back into this team...I personally feel Jack isn’t the team leader that fans can get behind like josh allen...I have zero evidence to support this just kinda how I feel.. the team is so boring...the hockey is uninteresting and uninspiring....I gave it two games but it is not at all exciting...not sure if I lost my love for hockey....I guess many years of losing will do this. In a shortened season, getting 0 points in 2 games begins the hole that will be impossible to dig out of.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, zevo said:

I just can’t get back into this team...I personally feel Jack isn’t the team leader that fans can get behind like josh allen...I have zero evidence to support this just kinda how I feel.. the team is so boring...the hockey is uninteresting and uninspiring....I gave it two games but it is not at all exciting...not sure if I lost my love for hockey....I guess many years of losing will do this. In a shortened season, getting 0 points in 2 games begins the hole that will be impossible to dig out of.

I hear ya. my wife asked me the other day about the Sabres and my fandom. i used to be a huge hockey fan.  I told her, put it this way.. the last time the Sabres were in the playoff my twins were in first grade.  Now they are 16 and learning to drive.

it’s a disgrace to be down that long.  

I will hold out hope that they surprise me this season, but not looking good early.

9 hours ago, zevo said:

6 hours ago, zow2 said:

I hear ya. my wife asked me the other day about the Sabres and my fandom. i used to be a huge hockey fan.  I told her, put it this way.. the last time the Sabres were in the playoff my twins were in first grade.  Now they are 16 and learning to drive.

it’s a disgrace to be down that long.  

I will hold out hope that they surprise me this season, but not looking good early.

Hockey has always been my #1 sport. I played for more than 1/2 my life. I almost never miss a Sabres game. Even during the tank years I watched every game.

But yeah, this team is stealing my love for the game and I find myself losing interest more and more each season. I missed hockey so much and I’m already getting depressed about the Sabres. I keep telling myself that they haven’t played in 300+ days. They’re rusty. There are 7 new guys in the lineup. Give them a chance, yada yada. But it’s hard not to immediately get flashbacks of all the losing of previous seasons and feel down in the dumps about the Sabres.

All of the losing and incompetence had really taken its toll on me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.