Buffalo Sabres & NHL 2020-2021

Chandler#81

6 hours ago, KD in CA said:

The fear that teams will all be jockeying to lose games at the end of the year is just idiotic.  As if a bunch of pro athletes are going to try to lose so that the team can draft a young kid who will take one of their jobs.  Right.    

Just think how Tim Murray managed to screw the entire league in addition to the Sabres.  

14 minutes ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

Those are some tired skaters there. Throw everything at the net at this point.

CBus looked exhausted during that 3rd OT. They came out with more jump in the 4th than I thought they would. They’re coming for that 5 game play-in series too. 

I’m pulling for them. At least in this particular match-up.

11 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

CBus looked exhausted during that 3rd OT. They came out with more jump in the 4th than I thought they would. They’re coming for that 5 game play-in series too. 

I’m pulling for them. At least in this particular match-up.

The commentators were saying this is Columbus’s 4th game in 6 nights and three of those went into overtime. Gotta be some exhausted players and they were looking like it for much of that 4th OT. That Gourde/Kucherov line had chances on their last half dozen shifts. 

Seth Jones with 61 minutes of ice time. 61 minutes. 

I still look for Bogo to cost TB the game, though. Somehow, someway he is bound to screw it up. 

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dante said:

I can't imagine what this does to you physically and how it impacts the rest of the series

Especially with them being off for so long. No practices, no games. You can work out but it’s a bit different from being in game shape (IMO anyway). 

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

Especially with them being off for so long. No practices, no games. You can work out but it’s a bit different from being in game shape (IMO anyway). 

How bad would it be if they had to play tomorrow night?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

The commentators were saying this is Columbus’s 4th game in 6 nights and three of those went into overtime. Gotta be some exhausted players and they were looking like it for much of that 4th OT. That Gourde/Kucherov line had chances on their last half dozen shifts. 

Seth Jones with 61 minutes of ice time. 61 minutes. 

I still look for Bogo to cost TB the game, though. Somehow, someway he is bound to screw it up. 

Seth Jones is a f’ing beast! Did you see him flying down the ice at the end of the 3rd OT (while the rest of his teammates looked totally gassed). He’s a machine. 

But yeah, Columbus must be just about dead at this point. lol

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, BeerLeagueHockey said:

CAR vs BOS going to 2OTs.

The one thing you can bank on when watching Boston - they are consistently a dirty team.  Always just on the edge.

Fortunately the next two games in Toronto ended in regulation.  After those first two, I was worried that they'd never finish any series being played up there.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

This would be such incredibly poor asset management. At least quality him and then trade him. He has to have some value. I sure hope Kevyn Adams doesn’t start his tenure with a decision like that.

To be fair to Adams, Montour was another Bots special.  He blows.

14 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

To be fair to Adams, Montour was another Bots special.  He blows.

He had a bad season for sure, but I have to believe he has some value even if it’s not a ton. I don’t think he’s just a throw away player you don’t qualify and lose for nothing. 

Edited by BillsFan4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.