Is now the time to remove OJ Simpson from the wall of fame and HOF?

Beast

Is now the time to remove OJ Simpson's name from the wall?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. Remove OJ?

8 hours ago, Rob's House said:

The "civil war" is not between the races. Race is the wedge issue being exploited to initiate the conflict. 

Just as OJ, who distanced himself from the black community for most of his adult life, exploited race to influence his trial.

The real question is, if OJ can get away with murder, why can't Oliver have a few drinks and drive home?

Well if  he  goes to trial and the bottle doesn't fit his hand..... ;)

Ah so you can be the best at everything in this world, but if enough people disagree with your conduct after your career is over, you lose all your accolades.  Way to go conduct police!  JFC - activism and moral policing is like sports for USELESS PEOPLE.  Reading some of these comments is HYSTERICAL!  While we are at it, let's take away all of Babe Ruth's accolades because black people weren't allowed in the MLB then.  Our country is a bunch of whiny tenderfoot babies who have super sensitive feelings.

On 6/10/2020 at 11:50 PM, Rob's House said:

The "civil war" is not between the races. Race is the wedge issue being exploited to initiate the conflict. 

Just as OJ, who distanced himself from the black community for most of his adult life, exploited race to influence his trial.

The real question is, if OJ can get away with murder, why can't Oliver have a few drinks and drive home?

Because Oliver hasn't reached a level anywhere near what OJ had ever reached during his career

Edited by apuszczalowski

• 1 year later...

This is the type of thing that a lot of people get really fired up about.

I'm not one of those people.  I voted "leave him on the wall".

He's there b/c of what he did on a football field, and that hasn't changed.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1

Anyone who thinks he should remain on the Wall doesn't value life, clearly... so if you found out a good family friend was a pedophile, would you want them around or associated with your family in any way if a court of law said they were not guilty but you believe your family member they were sexually assaulted?

Yeah, "it's just football" is an EXCUSE.

• Eyeroll 2

I voted to remove, but now I kinda want to rescind my vote.

Knowing what we now know about CTE, and the results we've seen in players who have done horrible things, I now wonder what role that possibly played in all this?  Considering his other documented rage issues, I'm not saying it's an excuse, but it certainly follows a disturbing pattern we've seen in those afflicted with CTE, almost akin to another tragedy like Chris Benoit's, where he was shown to have extreme CTE.  

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan

48 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

You can not erase that he did on the field. Just like all the rest of the monuments being tore down across this country you cant erase history!

Monuments are not how you tell history, they are how you honor people, events, etc.  The easy answer is to leave his name up on this stadium, but omit it from the new one.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/9/2020 at 8:51 AM, BarleyNY said:

Take him off.  The wall in the Bills stadium is a reflection of its fans.  It is a list of those we respect the most.  Simpson certainly was a phenomenal player, but that’s not the whole test for me.  He murdered people.  He’s trash and I don’t respect trash.  I don’t want his name up there.  Fans shouldn’t have to stand under it to cheer and good human beings like Lorenzo Alexander and Kyle Williams shouldn’t have to play under it. 

It is?  A list that fans "respect" the most?  Where is that written and/or how did you come up with that, other than just by writing it?

I always assumed the wall is place to acknowledge the best players in team history, and OJ most definitely that.

I think I would place him #1 on the all time list of best Buffalo Bills.

Only player who comes close in the consideration is Bruce Smith, but OJ beats him out IMO.

Can't change history.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

It is?  A list that fans "respect" the most?  Where is that written and/or how did you come up with that, other than just by writing it?

I always assumed the wall is place to acknowledge the best players in team history, and OJ most definitely that.

I think I would place him #1 on the all time list of best Buffalo Bills.

Only player who comes close in the consideration is Bruce Smith, but OJ beats him out IMO.

Can't change history.

So it isn’t a sign of respect to put players names on the wall of honor?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.