Is now the time to remove OJ Simpson from the wall of fame and HOF?

Beast

Is now the time to remove OJ Simpson's name from the wall?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. Remove OJ?

I love all of these fan-provided definitions of what the "Wall of Fame" is about.

Does anyone actually have anything rooted in fact or reality?

Has the Bills PR department ever made a public comment or released an article through the website that spells out exactly what the organization DOES think the WOF represents?

I assume there have been some articles/quotes/statements about it over the years, but I doubt anyone in this thread has a clue what they actually are.

It's a lot easier to spin your own explanation to support your personal view of the "Wall".

11 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I love all of these fan-provided definitions of what the "Wall of Fame" is about.

Does anyone actually have anything rooted in fact or reality?

Has the Bills PR department ever made a public comment or released an article through the website that spells out exactly what the organization DOES think the WOF represents?

I assume there have been some articles/quotes/statements about it over the years, but I doubt anyone in this thread has a clue what they actually are.

It's a lot easier to spin your own explanation to support your personal view of the "Wall".

This is what the website says:

The Buffalo Bills Wall of Fame was created in 1980 to honor former players, administrators and coaches who have played significant roles in the team's history. To be eligible for induction, an individual must have played with the Bills for at least three years and be retired from professional football. Also eligible are other individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the Bills, including administrators and coaches. Selections are made by a distinguished panel composed of club personnel and media members.

From the Buffalo Bills website.  

Without further explanation, I say OJ stays on the wall based on this criteria alone.

The wall honors OJ as a player; and not any player, but arguably the best player in franchise history.  That's a significant role.   

The Buffalo Bills Wall of Fame was created in 1980 to honor former players, administrators and coaches who have played significant roles in the team's history. To be eligible for induction, an individual must have played with the Bills for at least three years and be retired from professional football. Also eligible are other individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the Bills, including administrators and coaches. Selections are made by a distinguished panel composed of club personnel and media members.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Your previous posts suggest otherwise.  Not only did you condone it, but you mocked someone who is against it.  The right to choose what someone wants to purchase or not purchase is "a stupid concept" and "a non issue in every serious person's activities of daily living" because you happen to not care about the media that was mentioned.  Good for you. You're obviously out of touch with why most of the world would love to live in the United States.  YOU do not care about something thus, "every serious person" must agree.  Spoken like a true entitled millennial. 

lol millennial!!

I'm mocking those who get upset over such trivial stuff.  None of this really affects anyone.

No one  is preventing you from purchasing your Dr. Seuss and Agatha Christie books.  You made that up so you could whine about something.

17 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol millennial!!

I'm mocking those who get upset over such trivial stuff.  None of this really affects anyone.

No one  is preventing you from purchasing your Dr. Seuss and Agatha Christie books.  You made that up so you could whine about something.

Certain films,  and yes, certain Dr Seuss books have been cancelled. Do some research before you shoot your mouth off.  And if you are not a millennial and are a bit older, your certainly come off like one.. which is even worse.  Either way run along.. 

3 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

James Robert Kalsu was selected in the 1968 NFL/AFL draft by The Buffalo Bills and played as their starting guard. After a fantastic season, the exceptional football player was crowned by the Bills’ team rookie-of-the-year.

Rookie of the year career cut short by serving in our military and sadly losing his life as a result. Not a large leap to make there. 

OJ Simpson was put on the wall in 1980 around 14 years before the murders. You are asking the team to forget that he qualified to be on the wall, and say based on later actions, he isn't a good fit for our "culture" and remove him retroactively. If that helps you sleep at night, fine.

I just don't see how it helps anything. Most rational people can separate it though. The idea that the people who can separate these things are somehow immoral is absurd. Just because you need to cope with the murders by deconstructing history doesn't mean we need to. 

Do you feel the NFL should remove him from the Hall of Fame too?

Bills team rookie of the year.  That was Kiko Alonso not so long ago.  What a distinguished season.  

For the last time, no one is asking anyone to forget a ***** thing.  No one is deconstructing history.  No matter how many more times you type this feeble thought, its just not reality.  If it helps you to sleep at night to keep repeating your mantra about erasing history, thats fine. 

I'm sorry that confederate monuments and the name OJ Simpson mean so much to you but your priorities are just plain stupid.  

2 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Certain films,  and yes, certain Dr Seuss books have been cancelled. Do some research before you shoot your mouth off.  And if you are not a millennial and are a bit older, your certainly come off like one.. which is even worse.  Either way run along.. 

The Dr. Seuss books weren't cancelled the organization that owns the rights to them decided to stop selling certain ones that had things in them they weren't comfortable with.

3 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

The Dr. Seuss books weren't cancelled the organization that owns the rights to them decided to stop selling certain ones that had things in them they weren't comfortable with.

I told this guy this 4 posts ago.  His reply?--do some research!

He can't be for real...

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

This was a response to cancel culture and the unfortunate pull that they have in contemporary society.

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I told this guy this 4 posts ago.  His reply?--do some research!

He can't be for real...

I’m fully aware that they caved and hence pulled the books off the shelves.  

My comment directed at YOU to do some research, was after you said that Dr Seuss books have not been cancelled or pulled.  I pointed out that some have.  So nice try but no cigar. More like a trip and fall on your part.. “for real” hun. 😂 

Edited by KeLLy1278

7 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

I’m fully aware that they caved and hence pulled the books off the shelves.  

My comment directed at YOU to do some research, was after you said that Dr Seuss books have not been cancelled or pulled.  I pointed out that some have.  So nice try but no cigar. More like a trip and fall on your part.. “for real” hun. 😂 

nope

20 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Bills team rookie of the year.  That was Kiko Alonso not so long ago.  What a distinguished season.  

For the last time, no one is asking anyone to forget a ***** thing.  No one is deconstructing history.  No matter how many more times you type this feeble thought, its just not reality.  If it helps you to sleep at night to keep repeating your mantra about erasing history, thats fine. 

I'm sorry that confederate monuments and the name OJ Simpson mean so much to you but your priorities are just plain stupid.  

You are deconstructing history. You want the bills org to retroactively decide that he actually does not qualify for the wall of fame after he clearly did for actions more than a decade later that are unrelated to football.

I don't know how confederate monuments get caught up in this but the more leeway you give cancel culture, the more they take. The rate they are going, even the founding fathers aren't going to qualify for any historical significance based on the notion that historically significant people can do no wrong, and if they do then they aren't significant.

Edited by What a Tuel

33 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Just switch all the letters around so nobody will know

31 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

"Daddy...who's "Jo Sampson?"

28 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Mojo Piss'n

Jism Spoon

Edited by Gugny
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I personally don't really care about whether his name is up there or not, or in the HOF.

I'm just not really a person that enjoys the Hall of Fame, or cares much about seeing or hearing about the 'legends of the game' or even the 'Bills legends'.

Personally, I think too much is made of the HOF and retired jerseys and names and numbers on the wall or rafters.  If I follow a sport, for me it is just about talking about the previous game and looking forward to the next game.  Not much more.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.