Is now the time to remove OJ Simpson from the wall of fame and HOF?

Beast

Is now the time to remove OJ Simpson's name from the wall?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. Remove OJ?

As we are trying to reach racial harmony, and statues, tweets, comments, you name it, are under the microscope....should OJ be taken down from the wall?

Should his bust be taken out of the HOF?

Discuss.

Edited by Beast
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I feel his body of work speaks for itself as a Buffalo Bill. He is a HOF player. He was involved in a horrible situation in California & Las Vegas was in high profile trials and even went to prison on a serious charge. Best case you can say he made some really bad decisions. Worst case you can say he’s a murderer that got away with a horrific crime. My take is I would keep his name there as part of history. If the Football HOF Decided to remove him then there would be a strong sediment to follow suit. 

• Agree 1

Your question is "Remove OJ?  Keep OJ?" and the choices are yes or no.  It's way too early in the morning for riddles.

I'll vote when it's framed properly.  But my vote is to remove him from the wall immediately.

The Hall of Fame is full of scumbags.  I personally don't care what they do.  But the Pegulas should have some class and get his ass off of that wall so they stop celebrating a murderer.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Simpson was never convicted of murder, nor has he confessed to it. If he was smart he would have been suing for libel and taking people's trading cards.

One likes to think truth will out. The truths I can point to is: 2003 yards, All-Pro. Eliminating yesterday's truth on the whims of today is so 2020.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Disagree 2

Take him off.  The wall in the Bills stadium is a reflection of its fans.  It is a list of those we respect the most.  Simpson certainly was a phenomenal player, but that’s not the whole test for me.  He murdered people.  He’s trash and I don’t respect trash.  I don’t want his name up there.  Fans shouldn’t have to stand under it to cheer and good human beings like Lorenzo Alexander and Kyle Williams shouldn’t have to play under it. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Could they take a survey among season ticket holders for the wall?  I feel that a survey among the general public would probably overwhelmingly say to remove him, but I think people who actually go to games and have opinions on the issue from all sides should have a bigger voice in the decision. 

39 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Your question is "Remove OJ?  Keep OJ?" and the choices are yes or no.  It's way too early in the morning for riddles.

I'll vote when it's framed properly.  But my vote is to remove him from the wall immediately.

The Hall of Fame is full of scumbags.  I personally don't care what they do.  But the Pegulas should have some class and get his ass off of that wall so they stop celebrating a murderer.

Kelly beat and cheated on his wife, Bruce Smith had a cocaine issue, and Daryl Talley has had such fits of anger that his wife and kids were scared for their lives, should they be off too?

And thats just what the public knows.   Every one of the guys listed on the wall of fame had some sort of issue.  I know this because they are humans.   They are on the wall because of what they did on the field not for what they did off the field.

Honestly, what we should do is never celebrate another human ever.  No more statues, no more awards, no more nothing because no one is perfect.  O.J. is far less than that as a human.   But the best idea is just remove everyone now from every wall and hall of fame, this way we dont have to ask these questions when they fail at being perfect.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Kelly beat and cheated on his wife, Bruce Smith had a cocaine issue, and Daryl Talley has had such fits of anger that his wife and kids were scared for their lives, should they be off too?

And thats just what the public knows.   Every one of the guys listed on the wall of fame had some sort of issue.  I know this because they are humans.   They are on the wall because of what they did on the field not for what they did off the field.

Honestly, what we should do is never celebrate another human ever.  No more statues, no more awards, no more nothing because no one is perfect.  O.J. is far less than that as a human.   But the best idea is just remove everyone now from every wall and hall of fame, this way we dont have to ask these questions when they fail at being perfect.

I think murder is an "issue," that should cross anyone's line.  But that's just me.

• Like (+1) 3

Keep him on the wall and in the hall. We have to keep football separate from politics in all aspects. When players kneel it divides the fans. We can't have unity when actions are made due to the current political climate. In my opinion political correctness needs to stay out of it as well. OJ was a great player and broadcaster until things unraveled for him, things that are in no way condoned anywhere. He made the wall and the hall with a stellar reputation, leave it alone.

• Like (+1) 3

Despite his reputation being in the toilet with everything that has happened after his football career, you can't deny he along with Bruce Smith are the two greatest (most talented) players to ever play for the Bills. If judged by only his playing career then he deserves to be in the HOF and remain on the Bills WOF. If he were removed I would completely understand. If OJ is allowed to remain in the HOF then why isn't Pete Rose in baseball's HOF. Pete gambled but his crimes were not nearly as serious as OJ's.

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Simpson was never convicted of murder, nor has he confessed to it. If he was smart he would have been suing for libel and taking people's trading cards.

One likes to think truth will out. The truths I can point to is: 2003 yards, All-Pro. Eliminating yesterday's truth on the whims of today is so 2020.

Yes.  The murderer who was wearing Bruno Magli shoes  (an expensive and relatively uncommon shoe)   is still out there.    And Simpson did promise that he would find the real murderer after all...

30 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think murder is an "issue," that should cross anyone's line.  But that's just me.

But he was found not guilty.  Now, it was on the Chewbacca defense, so I'm not sure if that still stands today.  But, at least back then, he was found not guilty in criminal court.

It's funny seeing people pretzel themselves about this stuff now. :)

• Like (+1) 3

29 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If murder bothered you that much you would have thought twice about changing your avatar to a person who openly supported the actions of Fidel Castro.  Your posts in this thread, given that picture are ironic to say the least. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ralonzo said:

OJ suing for libel? :lol: On what grounds? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.