Quarterback sneaks and Josh Allen stats

On 6/8/2020 at 7:32 PM, Paup 1995MVP said:

How about an Allen fake QB sneak into the line, and then pitch out to Moss or Singletary around the outside.  If executed correctly that could be a big time gainer..

?shhhhhhh! We’re saving it for the Super Bowl!

we had a play similar to this, back in the day. Set up the Defense with a couple QB sneaks, then, near the goal line our QB would close his hands under Center and drive forward on the snap. But our Center fired the ball through his and the QBs legs to a RB lined up behind the QB who took the snap & threw to a wide open, uncovered WR as his cover man raced in to help stop the ‘sneak’.

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

?shhhhhhh! We’re saving it for the Super Bowl!

we had a play similitude to this, back in the day. Set up the Defense with a couple QB sneaks, then, near the goal line our QB would close his hands under Center and drive forward on the snap. But our Center fired the ball through his and the QBs legs to a RB lined up behind the QB who took the snap & threw to a wide open, uncovered WR as his cover man raced in to help stop the ‘sneak’.

I keep waiting for the fake QB draw where Allen stops short of the LOS and instead throws it over the DL to a TE in the end zone...it has to be coming. Right?

• Like (+1) 1

PFF... yawn, never click on their site, they don’t deserve your patronage.

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I keep waiting for the fake QB draw where Allen stops short of the LOS and instead throws it over the DL to a TE in the end zone...it has to be coming. Right?

Absolutely.  They saved the smoke to JA td pass for the Texans playoff game.  The fake QB draw pass may be the super bowl special

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/8/2020 at 5:56 PM, NoSaint said:

it’s not a particularly special talent. Brady has been among the best at it. The coordinator just has to call it.

Brady has been one of the best because his team has been together, they line up very quickly and within a second Brady is in for a first down. I recall the Rex days when the Pats could run a sneak before we even had 11 guys set on defense, it was really criminal to watch how inept we were versus what a smooth polished machine the Pats were.

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Brady has been one of the best because his team has been together, they line up very quickly and within a second Brady is in for a first down. I recall the Rex days when the Pats could run a sneak before we even had 11 guys set on defense, it was really criminal to watch how inept we were versus what a smooth polished machine the Pats were.

Meh. The whole league is over 80% conversion I believe. That definitely helps him incrementally but my point was even non-athlete can lean forward for 2 ft. 

2 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

Does anyone else think a classic QB sneak on 2nd and long (especially in a wide 9 formation or one with the DTs off the center) would be an easy way to get at least 5 or 6 yards if the QB just followed the center and guards forward?

Yea but without the benefit of a reliable conversion, I’d tend to save the hits for another spot unless you are trying to dictate the defensive alignment for future plays 

• Like (+1) 1