My new novel - NIagara Falls Into Darkness. **Edit- Free Ebook Download until 10/3/22**

ChevyVanMiller

On 6/10/2020 at 10:39 AM, ChevyVanMiller said:

If you have Facebook here is an interview that I did about the book. Click on the Edge of the Falls pic at the top of the page and jump to the 24:00 mark. We also started off with some Bills talk.

NFID Interview on The Edge of the Falls program

My advice is to definately skip to your interview. Those guys are unbearable.

I'm ordering it today, Frank.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

For anyone in the NIagara Falls area, the Book Corner just received a new batch of my book (all signed) after they sold-out of the first order.

You can call the owner, Jeff, at 716-285-2928 to reserve a copy.

8ADDB4F9-1A46-4798-ACF1-935093446DDC.jpeg

A GREAT bookstore. Wish I could but it there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/13/2020 at 8:56 AM, ChevyVanMiller said:

One of the greatest bookstores in America. I love that you can peruse book titles and pet a cat or two.

And Jeff has been a great ambassador for my work. Love that guy.

I’m reading Grisham’s Camino Winds now, follow up to Camino Island. They give you a nice appreciation for book stores and the lives of authors.....and Winds takes me back to my decades in hurricane territory.

A bit backed up on books now, but I’ll definitely get to yours! My habit is to go out to lunch and read at a bunch of places around us. That hasn’t been happening for months, but I’M BACK! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just read it - great job!

One thing your fact-checkers missed, though: at one point, the protagonist said, "Nobody says the punter is their favorite player." C'mon, man - during the drought, a lot of people listed Moorman as their favorite player. ?

But seriously, I enjoyed the book. It grabbed my interest from the start, had good dialog, some fun plot twists, and an unexpected ending.

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

I just read it - great job!

One thing your fact-checkers missed, though: at one point, the protagonist said, "Nobody says the punter is their favorite player." C'mon, man - during the drought, a lot of people listed Moorman as their favorite player. ?

But seriously, I enjoyed the book. It grabbed my interest from the start, had good dialog, some fun plot twists, and an unexpected ending.

Thanks for the kind words, Tom. I really appreciate the feedback. I've always felt that the great litmus test for any book or movie is the simple question, "Do you care about the characters and what happens to them?" Well written books and screenplays always grab you from the start, while poorly written ones leave you wondering why you should care what happens to these people.

I'm glad that Mick and Sally's plight was one that you connected with. As for the punter line, Brian Moorman aside, I stand by the statement. It took one horrific drought to put him (deservedly so) at the top of Bills' fans favorite list. :) 

If I could ask a favor: Please take a moment and leave a review on the Amazon page. I would be eternally grateful.

And the rest of you slackers, buy a copy and support one of your own. :D

58 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

If I could ask a favor: Please take a moment and leave a review on the Amazon page. I would be eternally grateful.

Done!

One more thing I like about it is that the antagonist is relatable. I find myself in agreement with the person's cause - the methods, not so much (obviously), but the cause has some validity. I like stories that have a little cognitive dissonance, where the readers recognize something of themselves in the perpetrator. Francis Ford Coppola said something like that about Vito Corleone in The Godfather.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.