My new novel - NIagara Falls Into Darkness. **Edit- Free Ebook Download until 10/3/22**

ChevyVanMiller

20 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Done!

One more thing I like about it is that the antagonist is relatable. I find myself in agreement with the person's cause - the methods, not so much (obviously), but the cause has some validity. I like stories that have a little cognitive dissonance, where the readers recognize something of themselves in the perpetrator. Francis Ford Coppola said something like that about Vito Corleone in The Godfather.

I'm glad that you feel that way. I really wanted Law to be more than just an unhinged person. I deliberately tried to write him with a cause that would resonate with readers. I have worked in tourism at the Falls for 25 years and it has provided my family with a comfortable lifestyle. Still, I worry that at times the integrity of the waterfalls are not being respected and I used Law to espouse those sentiments.

I'll take even a passing reference comparing Law to Vito Corleone as a high compliment. Thanks :beer: 

18 hours ago, The Dean said:

I'm about half way through. Should finish up in a day or two. Really liking it so far.

Thanks, Dean. I look forward to feedback from a fellow Niagarian.

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...

Here's a pic of the one and only Astro holding up a copy of Niagara Falls Into Darkness. He was of great help with the editing process and I thank him for his great work in the Acknowledgement section.

Don't have a copy yet? What are you some yellow-bellied *Pats fan?

Order yours today - https://www.amazon.com/Niagara-Falls-Into-Darkness-Thrilling-ebook/dp/B087N3RRK4?fbclid=IwAR3OSqGZwN0T7gIhL952PA8Mv4ym8Gso5MCDBtzQd4xfn0OTXyJqoIqxEms

DeanNFID.jpg

8 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Here's a pic of the one and only Astro holding up a copy of Niagara Falls Into Darkness. He was of great help with the editing process and I thank him for his great work in the Acknowledgement section.

Order yours today - https://www.amazon.com/Niagara-Falls-Into-Darkness-Thrilling-ebook/dp/B087N3RRK4?fbclid=IwAR3OSqGZwN0T7gIhL952PA8Mv4ym8Gso5MCDBtzQd4xfn0OTXyJqoIqxEms

DeanNFID.jpg

I finished the book (months  ago, actually) but I forgot to post. Very enjoyable read. I've recommended it to many, particularly my friends who grew up in the Falls. One friend in particular who has worked for a certain boat ride for many, many years. Thought he'd get a kick out of it. He has't gotten around to reading it yet, as I'm sure I would have gotten a reaction by now. 

8 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

DeanNFID.jpg

I finished the book (months  ago, actually) but I forgot to post. Very enjoyable read. I've recommended it to many, particularly my friends who grew up in the Falls. One friend in particular who has worked for a certain boat ride for many, many years. Thought he'd get a kick out of it. He has't gotten around to reading it yet, as I'm sure I would have gotten a reaction by now. 

Oh and while I know he said it in jest.

I should say, the book is worth buying and reading on it's own. But if you grew up/lived in/hung out in Niagara Falls, you MUST read this. Lot's memories.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/8/2020 at 9:40 AM, ChevyVanMiller said:

Hi Everyone,

Many of you may know that I spent many years as a featured columnist for the old NIagara Falls Reporter and that I penned the bestseller Buffalo Soul Lifters. My first novel, the crime thriller NIagara Falls Into Darkness, was recently released and is receiving rave reviews.

The story takes place on both sides of the border at NIagara Falls. A madman serial killer, known only as “Law,” is taking lives and demanding changes all in the name of his murderous campaign. Newspaper Editor Mick O’Malley and Police Detective Sally Wendt are the only two with a chance of catching him before he kills again.

Here is the Amazon link where you can read a few sample chapters (where it says “Look Inside”) or, if you are inclined, purchase the kindle or paperback version: NIagara Falls Into Darkness

I hope you’ll take a look and, as always, Go Bills!

988D39B0-BDE4-429E-AFE7-C36A292763AE.jpeg

0DB561A4-E0B2-4074-AA31-AA609D026349.jpeg

Congrats CVM!

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/19/2020 at 11:37 PM, The Dean said:

Oh and while I know he said it in jest.

I should say, the book is worth buying and reading on it's own. But if you grew up/lived in/hung out in Niagara Falls, you MUST read this. Lot's memories.

Thanks for the kind words, @The Dean. They are greatly appreciated. 

I'm dying to know what was supposed to follow the "Oh and while I know he said it in jest" line.

17 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Thanks for the kind words, @The Dean. They are greatly appreciated. 

I'm dying to know what was supposed to follow the "Oh and while I know he said it in jest" line.

Thought I deleted that. Was going to say, I figure WhoTom was joking about the punter not being anyone's favorite player. But it wasn't YOU who said that, it was the main character. And he's DEFINITELY the kind of guy who would say/think that, IMO. Really wasn't worth typing, but there ya go.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Thought I deleted that. Was going to say, I figure WhoTom was joking about the punter not being anyone's favorite player. But it wasn't YOU who said that, it was the main character. And he's DEFINITELY the kind of guy who would say/think that, IMO. Really wasn't worth typing, but there ya go.

Gotcha. And, with apologies to the great Brian Moorman, may no Bills fan ever again call the punter his/her favorite player unless they are directly related to him. :)

Just now, ChevyVanMiller said:

Gotcha. And, with apologies to the great Brian Moorman, may no Bills fan ever again call the punter his/her favorite player unless they are directly related to him. :)

Don't think we need to worry about that this year. For multiple reasons.

• 2 months later...

For those of you with avid readers on your Christmas shopping list:

**Black Friday Sale - 33% off**

Make their Christmas a page-turning delight. The internationally acclaimed novel Niagara Falls Into Darkness is now only $9.99 for a limited time only.

Jam packed with local flavor, this crime-thriller set in Niagara Falls is perfect for the reader on your holiday shopping list. Click the link below and put a Ho-Ho-Homicide that will have them guessing until the final reveal into the stocking of the readers on your holiday shopping list.

https://www.amazon.com/Niagara-Falls-Darkness-Thomas-Croisdale/dp/B087SD5CZT/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

NFID.jpg

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

• 4 months later...

Hey Everyone,

I am running a 5-day promotion where you can get an Ebook version of my novel, NIagara Falls Into Darkness, absolutely Free!

All I ask in return is that you give it a review on the Amazon page. I currently have 22 reviews and 50 or more makes the book eligible to be included on Amazon’s newsletter and their “Customers also bought” feature.

Just click this link before Tuesday, April 6th and get your free copy. Thank you and please share the link with any crime thriller enthusiasts in your circle of friends.

https://www.amazon.com/Niagara-Falls-Into-Darkness-Thrilling-ebook/dp/B087N3RRK4

Edited by ChevyVanMiller
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• ChevyVanMiller changed the title to My new novel - NIagara Falls Into Darkness **Edit-Free for a Limited Time**
On 4/2/2021 at 7:08 AM, ChevyVanMiller said:

Hey Everyone,

I am running a 5-day promotion where you can get an Ebook version of my novel, NIagara Falls Into Darkness, absolutely Free!

All I ask in return is that you give it a review on the Amazon page. I currently have 22 reviews and 50 or more makes the book eligible to be included on Amazon’s newsletter and their “Customers also bought” feature.

Just click this link before Tuesday, April 6th and get your free copy. Thank you and please share the link with any crime thriller enthusiasts in your circle of friends.

https://www.amazon.com/Niagara-Falls-Into-Darkness-Thrilling-ebook/dp/B087N3RRK4

Just a bump to remind everyone that the free offer for Niagara Falls Into Darkness is good until this Tuesday. I appreciate all of you that  have already ordered and please remember to leave a review on the Amazon page. Thanks so much.

Today is the final day to get the book for FREE. Offer good until midnight (Pacific Time) tonight.

I’m happy to report that over 500 copies have been downloaded and the book is now Top 15.worldwide in the Crime Thriller category. Click the link to get your copy:

20 minutes ago, LewPort71 said:

I downloaded this the other day and have thoroughly what I have read so far.  8 chapters. 

Plus  I showed my 8 year old grandson how a Kindle works and he is interested.

That’s awesome. I’m so glad that you are enjoying it so far. Please remember to leave a review on the Amazon site once you are done. There is nothing greater than sharing the love of reading with the next generation. I hope that your grandson finds many books to get lost in.

• ChevyVanMiller changed the title to My new novel - NIagara Falls Into Darkness **Edit- Appearing Live on Tuesday, May 18 at 7 PM **
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.