9 NFL Bandwagons to hop aboard in 2020: Bills, Bucs top list

Here's the strange thing, though: I'm kinda feeling these bandwagons -- like all of them. Maybe all the real-world distress has me seeking out optimism wherever I can find it.

So, without further ado, here's a list of NFL bandwagons I'm advising you to hop on in 2020, Schein Nine style:

Buffalo Bills
Buffalo Bills

For the first time in a quarter-century, Buffalo is taking the AFC East. By multiple games. And for good measure, the Bills are going to notch their first playoff victory since that division-title-winning group completely overwhelmed Dan Marino's Dolphins in what was then called Rich Stadium. The droughts end this season, Bills Mafia. The fine football fans out in lovely Western New York are gonna party like it's 1995.

Yes, with great hype comes great pressure. Last offseason, I christened Buffalo as my Cinderella team for the 2019 campaign, and the Bills reached double-digit wins for the first time this millennium before losing in overtime at Houston on Wild Card Weekend. This offseason, the Bills bandwagon's filling up, especially with Tom Brady out of the division and Stefon Diggs on the roster. The most important individual figure, though, might be Sean McDermott. In Year 4 on the job, McDermott's a gem of a head coach; he'll have Buffalo ready to meet the great Jim Kelly's lofty expectations. McDermott's fingerprints are all over the ferocious defense, which boasts playmakers on every level, including a pair of young Pro Bowlers in LB Tremaine Edmunds and CB Tre'Davious White.

On the other side of the ball, QB Josh Allen took great strides as a thrower in Year 2, boosting his touchdown passes (20, up from 10 in his rookie campaign), completion percentage (58.8, up from 52.8) and quarterback rating (85.3, up from 67.9), while reducing his interceptions (9, down from 12). Not to mention, nobody had more fourth-quarter comebacks (4) or game-winning drives (5) than Allen in 2019. I think, under the watchful eye of offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, the 24-year-old takes another big step forward this season. In fact, as I wrote last month, I see Allen blossoming into a dark-horse MVP candidate, with Diggs now headlining a stellar receiving trio that also includes John Brown and Cole Beasley.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

More the merrier imho

You want fake fans who hop on the wagon for a year or two and then hop off?

If you're a new fan of football and you choose the bills that's really cool ... but flip-flopping fans are dumb

Seeing fan is short for fanatic not lukewarm

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

If you're a new fan of football and you choose the bills that's really cool ... but flip-flopping fans are dumb

Yeh I think I do

I want all that and more cause that's what comes with being a top team

So I say bring em on

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

More the merrier imho

I do know a lot of people in Columbus who don’t have a team they’ve always rooted for, and tend to root for players instead of teams. When it gets to the playoffs they pick a team they want to see win and root for them. Lots of them chose Buffalo last year. It’s not their fault they live in between two teams who suck!

• Haha (+1) 1

Most teams are possible, but the coaching is the difference.  I’m not sure about Cleveland.  Maybe as they have the talent.  I can see Buffalo, Tampa, Indy moving forward.  We’ll see.  Schein seems to love Buffalo, and funny as he used to bash Buffalo.  I know he’s flamboyant, but maybe he’s right.

Maybe 3 decades of utter futility play into this but I'm just not sure I understand the hype over Cleveland.  Maybe Stefanski will be the difference but I just don't know that I'm convinced he definitely is the answer to get their talent to the right spot.  He had a ton of talent in Minn, and while he'll have a good bit in Cleveland as well, being HC is a much different role than just OC/QB coach.

I do agree with him on Carolina though.  While Rhule is a question mark I think Bridgewater has a lot of potential that has been forgotten about due to injury.  He led Minnesota to a division title over a healthy Rodgers in his last full season as starter.  He then filled in for Brees very well last year.  Of course, NO is still the class of that division and will most likely win the south again but I like Carolina for a wildcard spot.

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Most teams are possible, but the coaching is the difference.  I’m not sure about Cleveland.  Maybe as they have the talent.  I can see Buffalo, Tampa, Indy moving forward.  We’ll see.  Schein seems to love Buffalo, and funny as he used to bash Buffalo.  I know he’s flamboyant, but maybe he’s right.

The Browns talent wise are a good team. But their coaching and Baker's mental ability is what gives me pause. They added a pair of tackles to their O-line which should help alleviate their issues there and Hooper adds another weapon. Defensively they are decent too. On paper with a fixed up O-line and a good TE added they should win 9-10 games. But their skill position group is a lot of personalities for a first year HC and young QB to handle. Couple that with expectations and you once again have a scenario where a little bit of losing can snowball easily. 

I think Cleveland can compete for a Wildcard spot but there is a lot riding on a first year coach yet again. I usually am in favor of hiring up and coming coordinators to coach a team but for the Browns they might have been better served with a more proven HC option short term. It just seems like a far too combustable situation for a rookie HC to be in.  

Edited by billsfan89

21 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The wagon is closed

This fanbase has suffered enough and all of us who have been through this are in this together. 

Applications not accepted

Right?!

i have family members who laughed at me and my cousins for being diehards through it all. Now I see these same family members dressing their kids in Bills gear and saying ‘we’ when they talk about the Bills. Even that rubs me the wrong way and they are from Buffalo. Anyone else have family bandwagon jumpers on?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I think Schein hated Rex (that’s what I recall)

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Schein hated Rex (that’s what I recall)

No, that was ME!

OK, maybe it was both of us......

I’ve been accused of being overly optimistic and hopeful. That has not always been the case. I didn’t feel that way at all when Rex was around. I still hoped for the best, but did not feel good about it. THIS group I feel very good about. Is it perfect? What is? 

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Schein seems to love Buffalo, and funny as he used to bash Buffalo.

I can take or leave Schein -- his schtick gets old after a bit -- but he has ALWAYS loved the Bills' fan base and wanted the team to be worthy of the fans.  He bashed Rex Ryan incessantly, and rightfully so, but pre-Ryan he supported Saint Doug and even Chan Gailey.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/7/2020 at 5:20 PM, Buffalo716 said:

It's good for the Pegulas.  They can sell more Bills merchandise.  It doesn't affect the average Joe Bills fan much at all.

15 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

It's good for the Pegulas.  They can sell more Bills merchandise.  It doesn't affect the average Joe Bills fan much at all.

Never said it affected the average fan.

Im just a man of conviction. I dislike wishy washy people. Pick a side or team and stick with it!