Rumor/Speculation only: Will Pats sign Kapernick?

Kapernick and Pats?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Pats to sign Kapernick

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t care either way
  2. 2. Who would win the starting job?

• Kapernick
    • Stidham
  3. 3. Who would the Pats win more games with?

• Kapernick
    • Stidham

The reason why Kaepernick isn't in the league is because 4 years ago his downside (anthem protest massive distraction) suddenly outweighed his upside (mediocre play at QB).

If any team signs him now, it will be because of the positive PR they might get from the new legions of protest supporters (i.e. a new upside). But the new downside is that he'll be even more mediocre now.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/13/2020 at 8:37 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Kraft is a Democrat.  He is friends with Trump, a former democrat, because they are rich guys. 

This...I still can't believe how many republicans forget that Trump was basically a democrat his entire life...including anti guns, etc...until he got a personal vendetta with Obama and saw a chance to campaign on the republican ticket.  

Lets be real...Kap would make more sense as a backup to Josh than Barkely or Fromm do given those guys do not share a single common trait in terms of ability with Josh nor would be able to run the same offense as Josh if he got hurt.  

That doesn't mean Kap would win the job, I mean has been out of the league for 4 years, so its not clear to what kind of affect that would have on him, but in terms of style of play and physical traits, bringing him in would make sense.

Now, I am not saying they will, nor do I expect them to.  We are a young team on the rise, so avoiding off field media coverage and discussion is a respectable position to have.  But, end of day, we do not have a good backup on our roster right now (Fromm is unknown) and neither of the 2 guys playing for that job can come close to mimicking the way Josh runs the offense.  In both of Josh's first 2 seasons, the backup came in and lost us games when he got hurt.  Exploring an upgrade there would not be a bad thing.

Personally, I would feel comfortable cutting Fromm and signing Kap after the racists texts incident.  I liked taking Fromm in the 5th, just good value.  However, no chance we draft him had those texts come out before the draft, and even Beane said they had no plans to take a QB or Fromm until the value was too good to pass up.  So not like he was a target, and shows they still liked Barkley to at least some degree if they admittedly had no plans to draft a QB.  And its probable that some players will not be too keen on Fromm, at least early on.  Cutting him and giving Kap a chance would send a strong message IMO.  

So, I would say cut Fromm and let Kap battle with Barkley.  At least Kap has helped lead a team to not only a SB, but nearly a win too.  And our team isn't that different of a makeup of the one he QB'd to the Super Bowl in terms of makeup.

I still don't expect we would, and we are not the only team where Kap would make more sense to backing up their entrenched starter based on physical traits and style of play.  But at the end of the day, no harm in kicking the tires.  

22 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This...I still can't believe how many republicans forget that Trump was basically a democrat his entire life...including anti guns, etc...until he got a personal vendetta with Obama and saw a chance to campaign on the republican ticket.  

Yep,  he even said he would run as a Republican because Fox news would believe anything he said

• Like (+1) 1