Rumor/Speculation only: Will Pats sign Kapernick?

Kapernick and Pats?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Pats to sign Kapernick

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t care either way
  2. 2. Who would win the starting job?

• Kapernick
    • Stidham
  3. 3. Who would the Pats win more games with?

• Kapernick
    • Stidham

10 hours ago, dogbyte said:

Then the Bills must really racist since their 4 qbs on the team are white BB has drafted a few black qbs over the last few years

Well, I remember Brissett, but not the others although I think The notion of the Pats being overtly racist is silly.  I hate the Cheats just like most on TBD, but I’m not going to make a slanderous comment that has no basis in truth.  Dogbyte, you’re right as the last QB we acquired of color I can remember was TT.  He was welcomed in Buffalo, but just didn’t pan out given he only threw to wide open WR.  

On 6/12/2020 at 9:10 AM, ARS said:

I’m not sure how much of a side show he would of been as a backup. I do believe that a lot of owners, GMs and coaches thought he would be a distraction although I disagree.

Tim Tebow was a back up for the Jets and he was a huge side show. Two entirely different situations I know but definitely still a distraction 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Kraft is a Democrat.  He is friends with Trump, a former democrat, because they are rich guys. 

It amazes me how many still think people like Kraft, Trump, Clinton, etc are aligned based primarily on political party.

• Bill Belichick teams are a "No Drama Zone"  ..he would have no tolerance for the side show that Kap would bring
  • Been out of football for 4 years.
  • Was never very good anyway.
  • He's not sincerely looking for an NFL job.

3 hours ago, The Red King said:

My fear is this.  If Kap signs, the NFL is going to do it's best to not seem like they are discriminating against him.  As a result, he's gonna get the same BS calls Brady does.

You might be jumping the gun a bit on that thought.  But nice trying to discount him before he even gets another chance.

21 minutes ago, boater said:
  • Bill Belichick teams are a "No Drama Zone"  ..he would have no tolerance for the side show that Kap would bring
  • Been out of football for 4 years.
  • Was never very good anyway.
  • He's not sincerely looking for an NFL job.

Didn't Randy Moss hit a cop and Belichick still signed him?

He had some excellent seasons, led his team to 2 NFC championship games, winning one of them.

He's been working out daily for 4 years trying to earn a spot.

Just say you don't like him, it's easier than making up lies about him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Putin said:

Didn’t we waste a 1st round pick on EJ few years ago ? And then replaced him with Tyrod Taylor ? 

EJ was dumped 2 games into his sophomore season.  Taylor was dumped for Nathan Peterman after making the playoffs.

Edited by Billl
  • Like (+1) 1

On 6/13/2020 at 1:35 PM, klos63 said:

You might be jumping the gun a bit on that thought.  But nice trying to discount him before he even gets another chance.

Whoa, easy there Tex.  I've said absolutely nothing about Kap himself there, good or ill.  You're a bit quick to pounce.  My comment solely regarded the NFL and how they might give Kap preferential treatment, so as not to appear biased against him.  A valid concern, given a lot of people currently feel the NFL is exactly that right now.

On 6/13/2020 at 1:41 PM, Billl said:

EJ was dumped 2 games into his sophomore season.  Taylor was dumped for Nathan Peterman after making the playoffs.

In fairness, EJ got 4 games (with an 80.3 qb rating).  The Tyrod decision is one of the all time dumbest coaching decisions in nfl history.  Thank god for a crappy AFC and Andy Dalton. 

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Whoa, easy there Tex.  I've said absolutely nothing about Kap himself there, good or ill.  You're a bit quick to pounce.  My comment solely regarded the NFL and how they might give Kap preferential treatment, so as not to appear biased against him.  A valid concern, given a lot of people currently feel the NFL is exactly that right now.

It’s football.  They cut you the second you aren’t good.  Of course if Matt Barkley with his 65 qb rating is a nfl qb, CK is a nfl qb.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

sorry if I jumped the gun there. I guess I would wait until a team actually decided to have him in for a tryout before being concerned of bias in his favor.  But point taken.

• Like (+1) 1

Tyrod was benched simply because he has a string of bad games. The color of his replacement doesn't matter. Tyrod forced the coaches hand.

On 6/13/2020 at 10:32 AM, The Red King said:

My fear is this.  If Kap signs, the NFL is going to do it's best to not seem like they are discriminating against him.  As a result, he's gonna get the same BS calls Brady does.

While sitting on the bench?

Tyrod was not the reason the Bills made the playoffs, and his terrible performance in that playoff game was a microcosm of the Bills' season.  If the Bills' offense would have mustered more the a wet fart, they would have won that game.  I cannot fathom how anyone that actually watched that game could think the Bills should have kept him as a starter.  His tenure in Cleveland then confirmed it wasn't the Bills' fault.

Tyrod makes precious few mistakes, and that helped the Bills.  At the same time, he made precious few big plays.  That ain't gonna get you a ring.  That is actually all you want out of a backup QB.  Someone that can step in when your starter goes down.  Someone who can at least play consistantly and give you a chance.  Tyrod is an ideal backup, but time and now multiple teams have proven he's not a starter.

That...not race...is why Tyrod is no longer a starting QB in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 3

Kap. was benched when he threw 6 TD's and 5 interceptions in his last 6 games.  He was replaced by Gabbard, who is now on hims 6th team.  He was in a good spot when he started as the first effective run/pass guy.  Defenses learned what schemes to use and different profile defensive players to put in.  He is a 3rd string now, at best.

Edited by maryland-bills-fan