Rumor/Speculation only: Will Pats sign Kapernick?

Kapernick and Pats?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Pats to sign Kapernick

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t care either way
  2. 2. Who would win the starting job?

• Kapernick
    • Stidham
  3. 3. Who would the Pats win more games with?

• Kapernick
    • Stidham

I can’t speak for Belichick but I would venture to think that there is absolutely no way Belichick would take on Kaepernick. Steve Belichick, Bill’s father, served in WWII and was a scout for over 3 decades at United States Naval Academy. I would be shocked if that were to happen. Kaepernick represents everything opposite of what Belichick was raised to believe in.

Why can't everybody just deal with the fact that Kaepernick sucks as a QB?

There would have never have been a kneeling issue if he didn't lose his starting job to....... wait for it...........

BLAINE FREAKING GABBERT.

If he didn't have to live with the embarrassment of getting beat out by Gabbert, he wouldn't have started this movement.

Pats seem like one of the more racist organizations in the league, for as much as Belichick gushes over players like LT, he still seems to prefer his QBs to be Whiter if not in skin tone then in mindset. I'd be shocked to see Kaep go to the Pats.

I don't know where he would go but maybe the LA Chargers could make sense.  They desperately need a reason for people to pay attention. Kaep would sell tickets. For a stadium in Inglewood? You kidding me? Kaep could be terrible but still sell it out for at least a year.

Edited by GregPersons

1 hour ago, GregPersons said:

Pats seem like one of the more racist organizations in the league, for as much as Belichick gushes over players like LT, he still seems to prefer his QBs to be Whiter if not in skin tone then in mindset. I'd be shocked to see Kaep go to the Pats.

I don't know where he would go but maybe the LA Chargers could make sense.  They desperately need a reason for people to pay attention. Kaep would sell tickets. For a stadium in Inglewood? You kidding me? Kaep could be terrible but still sell it out for at least a year.

With way more than 100 posts per month, it’s clearly evident you’re on a quest to capture the All-time Most Noob Posts in the 1st Year Award ?. Unfortunately for the rest of us, it’s always at the cost of quality content. It had its time in our formative years as we got our legs under us, but the quest has gone the way of Confederate General statues. Here’s a tip, Less is More.

With all the awful qbs that were/are in this league, it is nonsense to think that Kaep wasn’t good enough to be at least a backup. Most objective people knew it was about politics. At this point I don’t see him ever playing again. He is only getting older.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, ARS said:

With all the awful qbs that were/are in this league, it is nonsense to think that Kaep wasn’t good enough to be at least a backup. Most objective people knew it was about politics. At this point I don’t see him ever playing again. He is only getting older.

He wasn’t worth the side show that he would have brought with him. Is that fair? Probably not. But he’d 100% be on a roster right now if there wasn’t ever any protest...

• Like (+1) 1

He had a chance to become something special after his Super Bowl appearance and instead he was lazy and thought people should just crown him.  Then he turned himself into a clown show. That was like 7 years ago. He needed to push himself to grow and evolve mentally to be in that elite group of QBs. Instead he is still running these workouts like he is some high school or college prospect. That says it all. He is 30 and still hasn’t grown as a player since being a rookie. If he had ever developed the mental part of his game then somebody would have signed him by now, regardless of the circus.

20 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

He wasn’t worth the side show that he would have brought with him. Is that fair? Probably not. But he’d 100% be on a roster right now if there wasn’t ever any protest...

I’m not sure how much of a side show he would of been as a backup. I do believe that a lot of owners, GMs and coaches thought he would be a distraction although I disagree.

10 hours ago, njbuff said:

There would have never have been a kneeling issue if he didn't lose his starting job to....... wait for it...........

BLAINE FREAKING GABBERT.

If he didn't have to live with the embarrassment of getting beat out by Gabbert, he wouldn't have started this movement.

I don’t think there’s a bigger stage then the SB where the whole world is watching , but at that time there was not such thing as police brutality and injustice 

11 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I can’t speak for Belichick but I would venture to think that there is absolutely no way Belichick would take on Kaepernick. Steve Belichick, Bill’s father, served in WWII and was a scout for over 3 decades at United States Naval Academy. I would be shocked if that were to happen. Kaepernick represents everything opposite of what Belichick was raised to believe in.

So you’re saying the Belichicks are just as dumb as Brees is about the protest then?  Like are people being willingly ignorant?  The best part is some of the people who are the maddest about the anthem protest fly confederate flags or are upset that are considered racist.  

11 hours ago, njbuff said:

BLAINE FREAKING GABBERT.

No matter how many times you say this nonsense, it is false.  Kaepernick has better passing numbers across the board than Allen did when he “sucked” as a qb.  So Kaepernick sucked as a qb, what does it mean for a guy with worse numbers? 

Kaepernick also severely on played Gabbert on a hot garbage SF.  It’s one thing to be ignorant about why he isn’t in the nfl.  It’s another thing to be a complete liar and post factually untrue information.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sfo/2016.htm

1 hour ago, Putin said:

I don’t think there’s a bigger stage then the SB where the whole world is watching , but at that time there was not such thing as police brutality and injustice 

You talking about the game he had 300 yards passing and ran for 62 yards?  Also, and this is crazy, people evolve.  Like going from hosting a reality show and having bone spurs to the leader of the free world and becoming a die hard Christian/ patriot. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You talking about the game he had 300 yards passing and ran for 62 yards?  Also, and this is crazy, people evolve.  Like going from hosting a reality show and having bone spurs to the leader of the free world and becoming a die hard Christian/ patriot. 

No I’m talking about the SB run when he was a STARTING QB prior to his huge contract and before he end up 3rd on the QB chart , 

And BTW you might want to check out Trump as a guest on Oprah in the 90’s his concerns about the US then is what got him elected in 2015 , 

so yah nice try !!!!

Edited by Putin

On 6/7/2020 at 9:30 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

So I got several Pats fan friends on social media talking about the rumors and speculation that the Pats could sign Kap.  And all of them are hoping it happens surprisingly.  

Me:  I don’t think so.  I think BB really wants to try and do his latest Matt Cassel like job of taking a guy who is basically unknown and unheralded young QB and prove he can win still without a “Tom Brady”.  Just my opinion of course. 

BUT...what if they did sign Kap and let him battle for the starting job?  Seems some recent polls show majority of Pats fans would support this.  From a story perspective, I think this would be interesting to watch.  Get him back in and on a huge stage.  Be a great message in our climate for one, and a great opportunity for Kap in terms of how he could get back in the league.  

As a Bills fan, I’d be stoked to see Pats have another distraction to go with the “Life after Brady” distraction haha.  

So what are your thoughts?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.metrowestdailynews.com/sports/20200606/daniels-poll-majority-of-patriots-fans-in-favor-of-bringing-on-colin-kaepernick-to-qb-competition%3ftemplate=ampart

I don't see BB signing Kaep.   It would make more sense for the Vikings to sign him.  They have Sean Manion and Jake Browning as their backups.   For a playoff team thinking they are a Cousins Injury away from having one of those two guys under center is scary.

5 hours ago, Putin said:

No I’m talking about the SB run when he was a STARTING QB prior to his huge contract and before he end up 3rd on the QB chart , 

And BTW you might want to check out Trump as a guest on Oprah in the 90’s his concerns about the US then is what got him elected in 2015 , 

so yah nice try !!!!

You mean when he was a Democrat, before he pretended to be a Republican?  

14 hours ago, GregPersons said:

Then the Bills must really racist since their 4 qbs on the team are white BB has drafted a few black qbs over the last few years

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You mean when he was a Democrat, before he pretended to be a Republican?  

Oh you mean the Democratic Party from 30 years ago to today with get rid of ICE defund the police and the green new deal ?

Edited by Putin

10 hours ago, dogbyte said:

Then the Bills must really racist since their 4 qbs on the team are white BB has drafted a few black qbs over the last few years

Didn’t we waste a 1st round pick on EJ few years ago ? And then replaced him with Tyrod Taylor ? 

Edited by Putin