Rumor/Speculation only: Will Pats sign Kapernick?

Kapernick and Pats?  

253 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Pats to sign Kapernick

• Yes
    • No
    • Don’t care either way
  2. 2. Who would win the starting job?

• Kapernick
    • Stidham
  3. 3. Who would the Pats win more games with?

• Kapernick
    • Stidham

So I got several Pats fan friends on social media talking about the rumors and speculation that the Pats could sign Kap.  And all of them are hoping it happens surprisingly.  

Me:  I don’t think so.  I think BB really wants to try and do his latest Matt Cassel like job of taking a guy who is basically unknown and unheralded young QB and prove he can win still without a “Tom Brady”.  Just my opinion of course. 

BUT...what if they did sign Kap and let him battle for the starting job?  Seems some recent polls show majority of Pats fans would support this.  From a story perspective, I think this would be interesting to watch.  Get him back in and on a huge stage.  Be a great message in our climate for one, and a great opportunity for Kap in terms of how he could get back in the league.  

As a Bills fan, I’d be stoked to see Pats have another distraction to go with the “Life after Brady” distraction haha.  

So what are your thoughts?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.metrowestdailynews.com/sports/20200606/daniels-poll-majority-of-patriots-fans-in-favor-of-bringing-on-colin-kaepernick-to-qb-competition%3ftemplate=ampart

If he’s still in playing shape I think he could still have some success. His athleticism was pretty special. With the blueprint of what Baltimore did last season Kap could have some success. That said, nobody will sign him. It’s not about the kneeling, or his play, it’s the media circus that follows that is the problem. Similar to Tebow the non stop media is not worth what the player may bring. 
New England obviously tried the Tebow experiment so they know better than anyone the unnecessary hassle. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’d have to see how Kaep looks after being away from the game so long. Especially since he’s on the shady side of 30. 

Can’t see him in beantown though. But stranger things have happened. 

5 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

If he’s still in playing shape I think he could still have some success. His athleticism was pretty special. With the blueprint of what Baltimore did last season Kap could have some success. That said, nobody will sign him. It’s not about the kneeling, or his play, it’s the media circus that follows that is the problem. Similar to Tebow the non stop media is not worth what the player may bring. 
New England obviously tried the Tebow experiment so they know better than anyone the unnecessary hassle. 

If there was ever a season that might avoid the media circus , this one may be it. Too much attention on other major issues , no fans,  virus concerns with players.... if anyone could keep it under control, I would bet on Belicheck

Edited by klos63

His answers to wearing the Che or Castro (can't remember which) t-shirt in Miami made him look like an idiot or a fraud neither of which are good when trying to start a movement. Plus his QB skills did not get any better in the last 4+ years out of the league.

I hope they sign him.

• Like (+1) 2

Kaepernick can’t throw from the pocket & wants $20M/year. I would love for the Pats to sign him so he could stink up the joint. D Coordinators figured him out this would be the best-case scenario.

20 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

He's been out of the league since 2016. No one is going to sign him

Well said Grasshopper.  Sorry just saw Karate Kid.  I’m not going to repeat all the stats I pointed out on another thread, but bottom line in 2015-16, he went 3-16 in SF.  His QBR went from the 80’s to 47% in his later years.  He’s not good.  He hasn’t played as of this year in almost 4 years, was stuck on his first read, and opposing DC’s figured him out.  No way Kraft signs up for that crap.  For me, it has zero to do with his politics.  I commend him for taking a stand, but his play sucks and he is a losing QB.  Aside from the kneeling which is his right as a citizen, he is a PR nightmare like the tryout debacle when he was trying to get back in the league, and trying to demand to the AAF he has to make $20 mil.

His NFL career is over.  He’d have to go to the CFL, which he hasn’t done in three Years and make a name for his QB play.  He’s not that young super athletic fast QB he was 8-9 years ago.  No one maintains that level of speed into their thirties.  Ask Vick.  And with all of these innuendos, I’m not inferring anything about Vick other than a great young athlete who couldn’t rely on his legs after his incarceration.  To me, Vick payed for his sins and is an example of young people who make a horrible mistake, but paid for it and was a model citizen for the rest of his NFL career (and yes I’ve been a dog lover and owner my whole life so I don’t condone his original behavior, but he paid for it in jail).

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, FireChans said:

LOL oh you heard from Pats friends?

Kaep is not good and hasn't played in almost 5 years. It's over. He's not being signed by anybody.

Man you need to read better lol.  I said saw some friends discussing the “rumors” online.  I literally said in my title “rumor and speculation only”.  Then wrote this as a “what if” question only.  Yet here you are mocking I heard from Pats friends?  

Are you capable of participating in any convo with out opening with a smart a** comment?  Asking for a friend...

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Man you need to read better lol.  I said saw some friends discussing the “rumors” online.  I literally said in my title “rumor and speculation only”.  Then wrote this as a “what if” question only.  Yet here you are mocking I heard from Pats friends?  

Are you capable of participating in any convo with out opening with a smart a** comment?  Asking for a friend...

Sorry, I thought there was actually going to be a rumor with some credibility attached to it. Not "my buddy said."

Even without all that, Kaep sucks and no one is going to sign him.

• Like (+1) 1

No way in hell the pats****** are signing him zero chance ,  Robert Craft and Trump are good friends for over 25 years so I’m pretty sure we all know where I’m going with that 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I’d have to see how Kaep looks after being away from the game so long. Especially since he’s on the shady side of 30. 

Can’t see him in beantown though. But stranger things have happened. 

He's on the shady side, alright. :flirt:

45 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

Isn’t Boston known for racism....

Yes. That and baked beans. :thumbsup:

26 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Sorry, I thought there was actually going to be a rumor with some credibility attached to it. Not "my buddy said."

Even without all that, Kaep sucks and no one is going to sign him.

There are rumors and speculation.  Saw my friends discussing them is how I came across them.