Shaq Lawson weighs in about some of our QBs.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

I’m not opining any contract lol. I simply said Shaq is the better player going forward..... and why would you want to get out of a contract given to an already solid player who’s stock is trending up in Shaq Lawson? 

Unless their plan is to drop Addison after one year and pursue a star pass rushing end next year I would’ve just resigned Shaq for the contact he got. 

People still argue Mario Williams was a bust FA signing/over paid. Just incredibly awful takes. 

His stock is uptrending? He had one good year, in a contract year. And he will be 26 next year.

Shaq is a solid player. He’s not a player a Super Bowl contender re-signs. He isn’t not a difference maker. He will continue to not be a difference maker. There is no light switch.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Don't argue about busts here- many people who post here feel unless a guy is a all-star he is a bust. I agree he is not even close to a bust but it depends on your rationale.

Shaq is not a bust, but IMO, the goal of a first round pick is to have a player that there is no question that you will pick up their fifth year option.

Shaq took 3 years to become decent. He’s not a bust because he’s not completely out of the league but he was clearly overdrafted due to his performance as a player.

Edited by FireChans

On 6/7/2020 at 8:52 AM, bmur66 said:

Not sure what you meant but Drew Brees is an awesome stand up guy whose actions speak louder than his words. I don't think he needs anything explained to him nor does he owe anyone an apology. These are my words. Sometimes peoples disrespect is so loud that you can't hear what they are saying.

His net worth disagrees with you. He spoke with so much conviction about the the flag,his country, his grandparents who apparently by themselves won WW2, etc. Next day?? the took a white wokeness enema ridding him of toxins and miraculously empathy, sympathy and tolerance were oozing out of his pores.  Awesome indeed

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

And what are they paying Addison?

$9.98M this year, $7.5M guaranteed but that's the only guaranteed

Shaq has a $30M contract with $21M guaranteed.  I think the simple explanation is they wanted Shaq, but when Miami bid them up over their value in total contract and guarantees, they decided to move in a different direction.

Just want to point out that a huge majority of this thread is arguing whether SL opinion is valid because he either left the Bills and/or plays for the Dolphins. Very few of the detractors are talking about whether or not his views as a POC are valid. 

• Like (+1) 3

57 minutes ago, Mango said:

Just want to point out that a huge majority of this thread is arguing whether SL opinion is valid because he either left the Bills and/or plays for the Dolphins. Very few of the detractors are talking about whether or not his views as a POC are valid. 

True, and his views as a POC are valid, but still, ***** him he plays for the Dolfins now

18 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I’d rather have Shaq then a 34 YO Addison. Dude looked like he was on the decline last season. While Shaq is no pass rush beast, he is starting to develop into a solid end all around.... he’s better than Addison at this point and it will show this year IMO.

I don’t think Phillips will be missed as much. Love the Jefferson signing and if Butler plays like he did last year their line is going to be an absolute force inside. 

People seem to automatically assume since Whaley drafted the player he doesn’t fit the Bills current “culture”. It’s asinine. 

In terms of pass rushing and wrap-up tackling it’s not even close as to who is the better player. And by that I mean they aren’t in the same universe. Maybe Shaq will get there, but he ain’t yet.

39 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

In terms of pass rushing and wrap-up tackling it’s not even close as to who is the better player. And by that I mean they aren’t in the same universe. Maybe Shaq will get there, but he ain’t yet.

Leave it to Scottlaw to have a guy he used to criticize suddenly become a wanted player when he’s no longer on the Bills.

Buffalo upgraded their DL this offseason.  Significantly.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

He wasn't nearly the same guy he's been last year. He still had a decent number of sacks but I recall seeing his QB pressures, and TFLs dropped by nearly half and when I rewatched most of the Panthers games last season this was evident as he was handled pretty easily. 

Guy has had had an awesome career and I agree, Shaq isn't close to that sort of career, but in terms of who is the better player going forward I'd lean towards Shaq.

His TFLs were down because of the move to LB, but his hurries were the same while his QB knockdowns, sacks, and tackle percentage all increased in 2019.

22 hours ago, brooklynbill said:

His net worth disagrees with you. He spoke with so much conviction about the the flag,his country, his grandparents who apparently by themselves won WW2, etc. Next day?? the took a white wokeness enema ridding him of toxins and miraculously empathy, sympathy and tolerance were oozing out of his pores.  Awesome indeed

Millions of dollars will do that to a man. Lol

On 6/7/2020 at 2:14 AM, Tipster19 said:

I didn’t see any of this posted yet but thought it might be of interest due to the potential state of the Bills’. 

Lawson tweeted about Fromm couldn’t be his teammate and that he had to check Josh Allen when he first came to Buffalo because of some of Allen’s earlier comments while he was still in college. I wonder how many other Bills’ players share Lawson’s sentiments. 

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/06/former-buffalo-bills-de-shaq-lawson-tells-jake-fromm-you-couldnt-be-a-teammate-of-mine.html?outputType=amp

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/06/06/shaq-lawson-check-josh-allen-buffalo-bills-jake-fromm-drafted/amp/

I think Shaq Lawson has bad blood. He wished he could have stayed here and be part of something special. The Bills did not find him so valuable that they had to keep him. I don't much care for players talking S&%T on the way out the door. I'll pass on reading anything he has to say.

• Like (+1) 1

The idea that the Bills didn't want Shaq Lawson is revisionist history.  In one of Beane`s first postseason press conferences he said that they were going to make a strong effort to resign Shaq but Jordan Phillips had earned the right to test the free agent market.

So most likely the Bills made an offer but did not feel he was worth what the Dolphins were offering.  Of course it is also possible the Bills matched but he was mad about them not picking up the option the previous year, or because of warmer weather, lower taxes and/or closer to home.

I was a fan of Shaq though he had a tough start due to injury and bad coaching.  That said,  I believe there is a reason (other than play) to why the 5th year was not picked up.  Not to mention the deal he got was not exactly a bank breaker.  With Jerry getting up there in age and Murphy with one year left I would think they would have loved to have 1 DE locked up for the next few years.  

Shaq is entitled to his opinion.  It's a free country.

Whether he's more than a solid DE is another story.  I think the Bills were right to not pick up his 5th year option, he had his best year in a contract year, and they were also right to let him walk.

42 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

The idea that the Bills didn't want Shaq Lawson is revisionist history.  In one of Beane`s first postseason press conferences he said that they were going to make a strong effort to resign Shaq but Jordan Phillips had earned the right to test the free agent market.

So most likely the Bills made an offer but did not feel he was worth what the Dolphins were offering.  Of course it is also possible the Bills matched but he was mad about them not picking up the option the previous year, or because of warmer weather, lower taxes and/or closer to home.

I think they paid him like $1M more than the Bills, something we could have easily matched if we wanted.

15 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I think they paid him like $1M more than the Bills, something we could have easily matched if we wanted.

Addison and Lawson are making about the same average-wise, but Lawson got $7M more guaranteed from Miami.  The Bills could have matched it.

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

The word I heard was about $3M more than the Bills offered, with more guaranteed money and maybe some other details.

Since Florida has no income tax, that could effectively provide another 4% rise.

I think the sticking point was probably the guarantees, often is

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Addison and Lawson are making about the same average-wise, but Lawson got $7M more guaranteed from Miami.  The Bills could have matched it.

Closer to $8M: 7.75.  Bottom line, Bills can part ways with Addison after this season with little cap hit.  Shaq has 2 years guaranteed salary.

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/7/2020 at 7:48 AM, Back2Buff said:

Really all that needs to be said about Shaw being the proper police:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR7QD5PkkC8

Those who shout the loudest, usually have the most to hide

Hey that was Shaq's highlight reel right there he was MVP of that game, didnt he get Leonard Fournette kicked out of the game?

On 6/7/2020 at 2:14 AM, Tipster19 said:

I didn’t see any of this posted yet but thought it might be of interest due to the potential state of the Bills’. 

Lawson tweeted about Fromm couldn’t be his teammate and that he had to check Josh Allen when he first came to Buffalo because of some of Allen’s earlier comments while he was still in college. I wonder how many other Bills’ players share Lawson’s sentiments. 

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/06/former-buffalo-bills-de-shaq-lawson-tells-jake-fromm-you-couldnt-be-a-teammate-of-mine.html?outputType=amp

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/06/06/shaq-lawson-check-josh-allen-buffalo-bills-jake-fromm-drafted/amp/

That's correct he couldn't.  Because Fromm is in a winning organization in Buffalo while Lawson is a player that the front office likely felt they needed to replace because he wasn't a process guy.  With how cheap he was signed I am merely speculating that's the case.

Although it was a facetious joke, it was clearly a joke.

Edited by formerlyofCtown