Shaq Lawson weighs in about some of our QBs.

11 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I didn’t see any of this posted yet but thought it might be of interest due to the potential state of the Bills’. 

Lawson tweeted about Fromm couldn’t be his teammate and that he had to check Josh Allen when he first came to Buffalo because of some of Allen’s earlier comments while he was still in college. I wonder how many other Bills’ players share Lawson’s sentiments. 

Really...College?

5 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

Anyone that hasn’t looked into the Allen tweets at this point is speaking from a position of ignorance.

He was a kid quoting hip hop lyrics and Modern Family. Ill-advised given the subject matter? Sure. Racist at all? Nope.

A white person quoting hip hop lyrics can be dangerous territory for us.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Moral of the story (even if your some dopey teenager) never ever do anything on social media that someone one day can’t turn around and try to ruin you with...it truely is a double edged sword 

Not just social media, be wary of private messages.  I always tell my boys that.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

You are so right all it takes is one ex girlfriend whose in a bad mood and they save everything 

Yup.  That's what it looked like.  Hell hath no fury...

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Doc said:

Not just social media, be wary of private messages.  I always tell my boys that.

I also tell mine that you are ALWAYS on camera. So act that way.

I sound like an old man now, but when I was growing up, you had much more leeway to make mistakes & be stupid.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Putin said:

I believe in second chances as most of us on this board , Richie Incognito got a second chance and IMO made the best of it , as far as  Jake Fromm goes (IMO ) the timing of this coming out is what makes it a much much worse , not that I’m ok with what he said on that text , but let’s be honest if this would have come out a month ago I don’t believe that many would have suggested that his NFL carrier should be over ... 

Right!  He should have leaked it himself before last college season.  He would have been a Stars n Bars hero at Georgia!

Dude, a QB has to have much better “timing”

11 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Hopefully something good comes of this with Fromm donating his time and energy to work on these injustices, and he learns what I’ve told my kids forever.  Don’t put anything in writing for any reason that you don’t want to defend to a college admissions board, a potential employer, or something you’re grandparents would be embarrassed you wrote.  It’s that simple.  I like to think that I’m a moral and decent human being who treats everyone fair, but even so, I do not have any social media accounts.  I just don’t want people knowing my life.  No snap, insta whatever, and I only had a Facebook account at one point to schedule a seat for spinning classes at my gym.  I post nothing.  If I want to talk to someone or they want to talk to me, they can call, text, or email me.  I guess this forum is my only social media, and do my best to only discuss football except this social issue.

I don’t necessarily condone it, but can understand the Bills cutting Fromm simply to send a message to players and employees that you’re words have consequences.  I don’t expect they do it as they would have done it already, and as Lorax said, maybe something good comes from this with mercy, but at a price he improves his behavior.

I don’t know what’s in his heart, but all people, especially the young, need to learn to at least sound right, especially in writing. Then, hopefully in time they can learn to UNDERSTAND and BELIEVE what’s obviously right and understand how just “joking around” about stuff that isn’t funny but IS deeply hurtful is wrong. Let’s face it, kids are stupid. I know I was, but not in that way.

I have said that I have no regrets in my life other than the times where I hurt others, knowingly or unknowingly. The rest are not regrets, they are mistakes I learned from, but no one else should feel the pain of my life lessons. 

As they say, if you have to fake it till you make it, it’s a start....then you have to keep going until you arrive in a better place. 

5 hours ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Really...College?

Eh, High school in Firebaugh, College at Wyoming, what's the difference?  (looking for that "duck and cover" emoji)

5 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

A white person quoting hip hop lyrics can be dangerous territory for us.

You talking about Bease11?

I wish we had accomplished half of what Miami did in FA. They signed multiple very good players. We signed a bunch of backups. Their defense will be much improved. We'll have the highest paid bench in the NFL. Also, the Dolphins are a well coached team. I think Shaq's best years are still ahead of him.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Dirtbag said:

yup, keep the racism on the dl.

Great takeaway. 

54 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I wish we had accomplished half of what Miami did in FA. They signed multiple very good players. We signed a bunch of backups. Their defense will be much improved. We'll have the highest paid bench in the NFL. Also, the Dolphins are a well coached team. I think Shaq's best years are still ahead of him.

And yet the Bills will still be the better team.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

Maybe, but I KNOW his cheapest years are behind him. 

1 hour ago, GreggTX said:

39 minutes ago, Doc said:

Great takeaway. 

And yet the Bills will still be the better team.

Somehow folks don’t realize you can’t sign a bunch of decent starters in FA when you already have decent starters.

We also didn’t draft a QB! Can u believe it!!

• Haha (+1) 1

“20K of ice.” That was Shaw’s response after he left the locker room the day he had that dust up with Fournet. Also several of the players, including Shaq, matter of fact he spearheaded it, went to a jeweler’s almost immediately when the Bills went to Houston for the play-offs. Jordan Phillips was 1 of the several. The Bills lost and neither Lawson or Phillips are on the team anymore. I wonder if they weren’t a cultural fit despite their production during the season and if that had as much as anything else for not retaining either of them. Everybody has priorities and I wonder if theirs’ weren’t matching up with Beane/McDermott’s.