Shaq Lawson weighs in about some of our QBs.

I didn’t see any of this posted yet but thought it might be of interest due to the potential state of the Bills’. 

Lawson tweeted about Fromm couldn’t be his teammate and that he had to check Josh Allen when he first came to Buffalo because of some of Allen’s earlier comments while he was still in college. I wonder how many other Bills’ players share Lawson’s sentiments. 

https://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/2020/06/former-buffalo-bills-de-shaq-lawson-tells-jake-fromm-you-couldnt-be-a-teammate-of-mine.html?outputType=amp

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2020/06/06/shaq-lawson-check-josh-allen-buffalo-bills-jake-fromm-drafted/amp/

He seemed to be more ticked off at Brees and Fromm.  By checking Allen I assume he passed with flying colors his two years here.  Emotions among players are high right now and will eventually cool off.  I'm sure Fromm will do and say the right things like Josh did.  I'm not that worried. 

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

Signing with Miami proves Shaq has poor judgement

If this were the case, how would his poor judgement be relevant in this situation where he tweeted his disapproval of Fromm.

From what I read, he doesn't mention taking any kind of action against Fromm, so where does his "poor judgement" show in this situation? 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Should I trust the judgement of a player that signed with the dolphins?

Ryan Fitzpatrick signed the season before Lawson and has the highest IQ in the league; I trust that you wouldn't question his judgment had he expressed what Lawson did.  

Smh.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick signed the season before Lawson and has the highest IQ in the league; I trust that you wouldn't question his judgment had he expressed what Lawson did.  

Smh.

You know me, I was being Sarcastic as usual ....

smh

Edited by HOUSE
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hopefully something good comes of this with Fromm donating his time and energy to work on these injustices, and he learns what I’ve told my kids forever.  Don’t put anything in writing for any reason that you don’t want to defend to a college admissions board, a potential employer, or something you’re grandparents would be embarrassed you wrote.  It’s that simple.  I like to think that I’m a moral and decent human being who treats everyone fair, but even so, I do not have any social media accounts.  I just don’t want people knowing my life.  No snap, insta whatever, and I only had a Facebook account at one point to schedule a seat for spinning classes at my gym.  I post nothing.  If I want to talk to someone or they want to talk to me, they can call, text, or email me.  I guess this forum is my only social media, and do my best to only discuss football except this social issue.

I don’t necessarily condone it, but can understand the Bills cutting Fromm simply to send a message to players and employees that you’re words have consequences.  I don’t expect they do it as they would have done it already, and as Lorax said, maybe something good comes from this with mercy, but at a price he improves his behavior.

• Like (+1) 10

Maybe our QB's should wear shackles and I'm Sorry T-Shirts. Hard to believe that grown men are so affected by thoughtless and sarcastic comments made by college kids. 

There is unrest in the forest
There is trouble with the trees
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas
The trouble with the maples
And they're quite convinced they're right
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light
But the oaks can't help their feelings
If they like the way they're made
And they wonder why the maples
Can't be happy in their shade?
There is trouble in the forest
And the creatures all have fled
As the maples scream, "oppression"
And the oaks just shake their heads
So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights
"The oaks are just too greedy
We will make them give us light"
Now there's no more oak oppression
For they passed a noble law
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet
Axe
And saw
Drew Brees gets it

Edited by bmur66
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 8

so who appointed Shaq Lawson the supreme judge of a person's character; based on what qualifications...does he rule on other topics than private-stupid-immature thoughts of white kids who grew-up in insulated communities that do not reflect the landscape of the rest of the country ?  Shaq llets move on to higher level thought issues facing society...what else ya got ?

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Should I trust the judgement of a player that signed with the Dolphins ?

Hell no.....

... then again the Dolphin'$ MONEY i$ ju$t a$ green a$ any other team$

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone that hasn’t looked into the Allen tweets at this point is speaking from a position of ignorance.

He was a kid quoting hip hop lyrics and Modern Family. Ill-advised given the subject matter? Sure. Racist at all? Nope.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Shaq doesn’t play for the Bills. I am sure Allen will tell Fromm how he handled his situation when he arrived in Buffalo. I have no doubt Fromm will handle himself very professionally and display a great deal of remorse and also empathy for players who share experiences. Fromm isn’t a bad guy, just like Brees isn’t a bad guy. They need more time spent with people who can explain issues at hand and help them see. Good people with good hearts can still make choices they later regret. It is then that character is displayed. 

ps- Anyone who thinks Allen is a racist must be looking at something different than me. Kid is a giant positive goofball who loves life and everyone in it, besides the guys he is playing against for that game that day.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

Twitter has had a negative impact on the country/world. To many people hold the instant opinions of celebs in high regard. How many NFL players need to condemn Jake Fromm? I don't hear a peep from any of these guys when a player beats on a woman.

The issue should have been handled in house but that's not today's world and it's a shame.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Shaq doesn’t play for the Bills. I am sure Allen will tell Fromm how he handled his situation when he arrived in Buffalo. I have no doubt Fromm will handle himself very professionally and display a great deal of remorse and also empathy for players who share experiences. Fromm isn’t a bad guy, just like Brees isn’t a bad guy. They need more time spent with people who can explain issues at hand and help them see. Good people with good hearts can still make choices they later regret. It is then that character is displayed. 

ps- Anyone who thinks Allen is a racist must be looking at something different than me. Kid is a giant positive goofball who loves life and everyone in it, besides the guys he is playing against for that game that day.

Not sure what you meant but Drew Brees is an awesome stand up guy whose actions speak louder than his words. I don't think he needs anything explained to him nor does he owe anyone an apology. These are my words. Sometimes peoples disrespect is so loud that you can't hear what they are saying.

Edited by bmur66
  • Like (+1) 6

3 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Smh.

Fitz gets a pass cause of epic beard possession, ya dig?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, bmur66 said:

Maybe our QB's should wear shackles and I'm Sorry T-Shirts. Hard to believe that grown men are so affected by thoughtless and sarcastic comments made by college kids. 

There is unrest in the forest
There is trouble with the trees
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas
The trouble with the maples
And they're quite convinced they're right
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light
But the oaks can't help their feelings
If they like the way they're made
And they wonder why the maples
Can't be happy in their shade?
There is trouble in the forest
And the creatures all have fled
As the maples scream, "oppression"
And the oaks just shake their heads
So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights
"The oaks are just too greedy
We will make them give us light"
Now there's no more oak oppression
For they passed a noble law
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet
Axe
And saw
Drew Brees gets it

The trees. Well written by ole neil.

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Hopefully something good comes of this with Fromm donating his time and energy to work on these injustices, and he learns what I’ve told my kids forever.  Don’t put anything in writing for any reason that you don’t want to defend to a college admissions board, a potential employer, or something you’re grandparents would be embarrassed you wrote.  It’s that simple.  I like to think that I’m a moral and decent human being who treats everyone fair, but even so, I do not have any social media accounts.  I just don’t want people knowing my life.  No snap, insta whatever, and I only had a Facebook account at one point to schedule a seat for spinning classes at my gym.  I post nothing.  If I want to talk to someone or they want to talk to me, they can call, text, or email me.  I guess this forum is my only social media, and do my best to only discuss football except this social issue.

I don’t necessarily condone it, but can understand the Bills cutting Fromm simply to send a message to players and employees that you’re words have consequences.  I don’t expect they do it as they would have done it already, and as Lorax said, maybe something good comes from this with mercy, but at a price he improves his behavior.

I believe in second chances as most of us on this board , Richie Incognito got a second chance and IMO made the best of it , as far as  Jake Fromm goes (IMO ) the timing of this coming out is what makes it a much much worse , not that I’m ok with what he said on that text , but let’s be honest if this would have come out a month ago I don’t believe that many would have suggested that his NFL carrier should be over ... 

• Like (+1) 1