2020 Election is officially Trump vs Biden

1 hour ago, snafu said:

Tomato, tomato.

He was told that once he takes off with his bride to the U.S., he'd not longer have the use of the Crown's trappings and authority (for lack of a better way of putting it, and whatever that may be). At least that's the way I understood it.  He persisted.  Now he doesn't speak for or represent the Crown in any official capacity.

No, it’s not tomato/tomato.

He’s a Prince, and the Duke of Sussex. He’s still sixth in line for the throne.

He simply “stepped back from a senior role with the Royal family”.

He still a Royal, and still a prominent foreign National.

You are 100% wrong.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

No, it’s not tomato/tomato.

He’s a Prince, and the Duke of Sussex. He’s still sixth in line for the throne.

He simply “stepped back from a senior role with the Royal family”.

He still a Royal, and still a prominent foreign National.

You are 100% wrong.

He can't speak for the Queen.  He's got no authority to do so.

Your initial point referred to "foreign interference".  In this case there is no official act, nor is there any official authority to act. The guy might as well be a cab driver in London with a Biden bumper sticker. 

20 minutes ago, snafu said:

He can't speak for the Queen.  He's got no authority to do so.

Your initial point referred to "foreign interference".  In this case there is no official act, nor is there any official authority to act. The guy might as well be a cab driver in London with a Biden bumper sticker. 

You just compared one of the most recognizable members of a foreign monarchy to a cab driver with a bumper sticker.  If you really believe that, you’re a moron; and if you don’t then you’re nearly profoundly dishonest.

There’s a reason numerous news outlets are fawning over Prince Harry campaigning against the President, and are not talking about British cab drivers.

Its because he’s an extraordinary noteworthy foreign dignitary, and his reach is far longer than a couple hundred thousand dollars worth of Facebook adds purchased by a Russian troll farm.

The truth is that you have no issue, at all, with foreign influence in our elections, just so long as it suits your preferences.

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

You just compared one of the most recognizable members of a foreign monarchy to a cab driver with a bumper sticker.  If you really believe that, you’re a moron; and if you don’t then you’re nearly profoundly dishonest.

There’s a reason numerous news outlets are fawning over Prince Harry campaigning against the President, and are not talking about British cab drivers.

Its because he’s an extraordinary noteworthy foreign dignitary, and his reach is far longer than a couple hundred thousand dollars worth of Facebook adds purchased by a Russian troll farm.

The truth is that you have no issue, at all, with foreign influence in our elections, just so long as it suits your preferences.

This is utter hogwash.

Thank's for reading deep into my motivation for posting what I did.  I'm neither a moron, nor am I dishonest.  I compared his OFFICIAL, GOVERNMENT OPINION to a cab driver, yes.  That's all he's got.  Being famous doesn't make him a state-sanctioned mouthpiece.

If you think Prince Harry is anything more than a "teen beat" mimbo who married an upjump American two bit actress, then I don't know what to say to you.  He's got as much influence on voters as the nefarious Russian troll farm.  I'd like to know how many voters are swayed by Harry, Duke of Sussex' endorsement of Joe Biden.  Are we talking about the typical Trump-voting hair salon demographic who will now turn to Biden because they perused a rag-mag in the waiting area showing Harry shilling for the D candidate?

Get back to your original point "foreign interference".  It WAS an issue in 2016 because the Clinton Campaign solicited the help of a foreign national to assist her campaign.  Do you have any proof that Biden's campaign has hired moron Harry to "campaign" for him?  If not, then this is NOT foreign interference -- it is one guy's opinion.  It has nothing to do with my "preferences", of which you know nothing.  This is truly a WGAS moment in campaigning annals.  Give me a ****ing break.

Edited by snafu

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No Chance Joe, if he ain't lying, he ain't breathing.

slo Joe... "there's not one tiny bit of evidence...". well, today there's still not a tiny bit of evidence, there's an avalanche of evidence, Joe.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, snafu said:

Tomato, tomato.

He was told that once he takes off with his bride to the U.S., he'd not longer have the use of the Crown's trappings and authority (for lack of a better way of putting it, and whatever that may be). At least that's the way I understood it.  He persisted.  Now he doesn't speak for or represent the Crown in any official capacity.

he may not speak for the Crown but just by the standing of who he is, his words carry weight. the degree of that weight is up for debate though.

2 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

i don't think snafu is either a moron nor dishonest. he just has a different take.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 2

I see you all get in to some serious discussions down here, man. been a lurker for years and finally decided to sign up. more on the football side though, but hell, that even seems to have it's political matters, now doesn't it, man.

no, I generally just sit up on the fence and gather all sides and views. occasionally, if I feel the need to add my opinion, I'll lay one down, ya dig.

damn shame these cats have to be so old, I mean both men are past prime, well past. 1/4 # with cheese (I like mine with exrta silvered onions) or 3 isn't all that healthy for an old cat nor is it good when the memory starts going on you. so both, no, I know big guy, he talks pretty tough and seems to do a good job of intimidating some folks and likely gets his 2nd term, but still a drag they have to be so old. I'm old, but I'm not holding the keys to the nation, never have, never will, basically I'm just a statistic. they on the other hand, hold or may hold the key, we'll see if either one makes the next four?

just hoping, not trying to look too far ahead, man, but hoping (if I'm still here) the next go 'round the candidate(s) running against the winner of this election, will  be (35-45) younger?

keep the ball rolling down here, man. 

peace