2020 Election is officially Trump vs Biden

On 7/18/2020 at 4:53 PM, B-Man said:

It also doesn't say that only White landowners can vote.

Despite the spin that SLATE put on it (and that you readily swallowed) Felons not voting is not a poll tax.

Back to the Biden/Trump thread...............

IT’S DEJA MCGOVERN ALL OVER AGAIN: Biden campaign staffer mocked cops as worse than ‘pigs,’ called for defunding police.

A supervising video producer for Joe Biden’s presidential campaign tweeted a meme in June that urged people to stop calling the police “pigs” — but only because unlike the police, pigs are “highly intelligent and empathetic animals who would never racially profile you.”

The videographer, Sara Pearl, also retweeted a user’s comment that while “pigs are sweet, intelligent and compassionate,” police officers are “monsters” who “don’t deserve to be called pigs.”

On June 1, Pearl tweeted simply, “#DefundPolice.” Days later, she said Buffalo’s police department should be “defunded immediately.”

Flashback to Volume One of Steve Hayward’s The Age of Reagan from 2001:

While Nixon and other Republicans wore American flag lapel pins, the McGovernites found appeals to patriotism repellent, and wore the flag—if at all—upside down. Theodore White observed that “At McGovern headquarters, the word itself, ‘patriotism,’ was a code word for intolerance, war, deception … and phrases like ‘peace with honor’ actually did make them gag.”

Like McGovern in ‘72, as  Tristan Justice writes at the Federalist, Joe Biden Is A Vehicle For The Revolution

The McGovern comparison would be a fair comparison if Bernie was the nominee.  The media constantly portrayed Biden as the most moderate of the candidates in the primary so people already have that ingrained in their heads.  The swing voter sees him as a centrist Democrat (been in the Senate since the early 70's and VP for eight years) and the Trump's campaign attempt to tie Biden to the radical left just isn't going to work.  They're running ads in the same state where they say he wants to defund the police and in another ad criticizes him for helping pass the crime bill.  The two contradict each other.  Biden at least puts on the facade of loving this country (pry better than any Democratic candidate since Bill Clinton) so I doubt that attack will work.  The best line of attack is he's part of the establishment, pro free trade, pro interventionist, soft on China, and is in mental decline.  

• Like (+1) 1

FBI Investigated the Joe Biden Campaign for Corruption.

On Tuesday, Politico published an in-depth interview with Christopher Tigani, a wealthy beer distributor who bundled cash for former Senator Joe Biden’s 2008 presidential campaign. Tigani later confessed to violating campaign-finance laws during that campaign by reimbursing employees for contributions made in their names. Before his confession and sentencing, however, Tigani helped the FBI investigate the inner circle of Biden’s campaign. The story raises questions about the former vice president’s corruption — questions that accentuate the Hunter Biden scandals with Ukraine and China.

22 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

How do you know what I remember and what I don't? Do you remember being potty trained? Some things are ingrained in our children without them knowing. 

Right.

Your kindergarten teacher taught you about American history in between finger painting, milk and cookies, and your nap.

15 hours ago, Nandor said:

Is this where one goes to take over the nation? Vote for Nandor the Relentless, the immortal warrior. Behold, my first campaign statement -

Meh. I am more of a Nadja fan.

On 7/21/2020 at 9:46 AM, 3rdnlng said:

How do you know what I remember and what I don't? Do you remember being potty trained? Some things are ingrained in our children without them knowing. 

In fairness, I think mommy and daddy are still in the process of potty training him.

Just now, TBBills said:

I'm telling you this guy has lost his mind and it's going to be real bad if he tries to not leave if he loses the election.

You don’t think the most corrupt administration in our lifetime isn’t going to cheat in November?

Zero chance Trump “loses” - same with MoscowMitch and Lady G.

The GOP cannot win without cheating. 

Such great Patriots - right?

image.jpeg

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

Right.

Your kindergarten teacher taught you about American history in between finger painting, milk and cookies, and your nap.

What are you saying? The county school system has come out and stated that they are going to start indoctrinating 5-year old children with their versions of slavery and social justice. Are you saying it's no big deal because the kids won't remember it anyway? 

4 hours ago, KRC said:

Meh. I am more of a Nadja fan.

My campaign can work with that. However, I would recommend when you approach her that you have a powerful name and backstory to appease her. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

What are you saying? The county school system has come out and stated that they are going to start indoctrinating 5-year old children with their versions of slavery and social justice. Are you saying it's no big deal because the kids won't remember it anyway? 

Do you have a link that points to where 5-year-olds will be indoctrinated in anti-American sentiment?

37 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Do you have a link that points to where 5-year-olds will be indoctrinated in anti-American sentiment?

I have a link previously posted in this thread that states that 5-year-old children will be taught about slavery and social justice. Do you think that will morph into anti-American sentiment? 

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I have a link previously posted in this thread that states that 5-year-old children will be taught about slavery and social justice. Do you think that will morph into anti-American sentiment? 

Not sure there will be a whole lot of morphing required.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

My 7th grade daughter told me that the main theme in most of her classes was in some form

about migrants, and how America is horrible to them. 

She got sent home as a summer reading packet three books, two about migrants.

Anyone on this board who is trying to say the education system isn't rife with anti American rhetoric

is a liar or deeply stupid.

Or both.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Why is teaching one of the most important parts of American history a negative in any way?

For a long time, German students weren't taught about the Nazis.

When it was finally taught, if you were German, what would have been your reaction? That It might cause self-loathing in Germany?

They've done just fine, since then. 

What exactly are you afraid of?